Smashbox Thats a Wrap

2.9

on 11/12/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Got this online so it wasn't terribly expensive as you would maybe find it in the stores. I got mine in brown.
My first impression was that it looked like a pretty basic mascara. The brush isn't all that, did look like there was a bit too much product on it though. I tried it and to my surprise, it was alright. It gave my lashes a natural look so maybe not the type of mascara you would buy for going out to party or if you prefer black fuller looking lashes.
Now I pretty much use it on a daily basis for work as I don't want to look like I'm going out to club, it's appropriate for everyday. As mentioned before, its a nice mascara for a natural look. However, sometimes I do notice it irritates my eyes ever so slightly (I've seen it does the same to some others in the previous reviews).
I will not repurchase, not because of the price but I think that I need to continue trying other brands and formulas.

on 9/25/2009 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got "That's a wrap" mascara in teal. It was on sale for 13.50 on smashbox.com, came with free shipping and 1 jumbo sample of your choice plus one sample of tinted moisturizer.
pros:
I LOVE the color. The teal color is gorgeous and just goes great with my h.i.p. color truth eyeliner in teal. Great when I do my ocean/mermaid/boho inspired makeup. The color really makes your eyes pop.

cons:
Pretty much the only thing I liked about this mascara was the color. 1st) the brush- wtf is with this brush. I mean, this brush does absolutely nothing for my lashes; it applies no product at all. I had to use another mascara brush to apply it because this brush just didnt do it for me. This brush is horrible and does not lengthen, volumize, or define your lashes. Useless.
2nd) the formula- good formula for sensitive eyes, very easy to wash off with water, BUT this means it won't plump your lashes, no definition, and definitely no lengthening. :(

Overall, unless your in love with the mascara color like I am, don't get this. Drugstore mascaras can kick this mascaras ass. :) don't waste your money.

on 7/26/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wish i could give a negative score for a product. this is quite possibly the WORST mascara ever made. it irritates my eyes, the brush is a clumpy disaster, the formula itself is absolutely atrocious. in 15 minutes i look like a raccoon, it's not waterproof but yet it doesnt come off with makeup remover. i mean WHAT THE HECK!!! after several tries, and hopes that "it will hopefully work better tomorrow" it promptly went into the trash. what a waste of money. i'll stick to drugstore brand mascaras that put this one to shame.

I hated this mascara. I wore it one day to the flea market and when I got back in my car I had horrible racoon eyes. I'm never wearing this again.

on 1/2/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is pure mascara without any lengthening or thickening fibers. Works best with a lash primer and best for those with naturally full looking lashes. Also great to use with your false lashes since there are no fibers in it.

on 10/4/2008 6:27:00 PM

This is just a plan old mascara, the wand isnt anything amazing, and the texture and look is very much like Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara.(the one in the pink and green tube)

the size: .26oz/7.5g for about $18.00

i personally feel that and drug store mascara would work just as well.

on 6/16/2008 5:40:00 PM

This product is ok. I didn't have a problem using the brush and it didn't clump. It does nothing for volume but does make your lashes long and skinny. If you want long and skinny lashes then this is your product. It does smug towards the end of the day.

on 4/15/2008 7:20:00 AM

**PIC INSIDE**
This mascara came with the After Party Kit otherwise, it wouldn't be in my beauty stash. I find using That's a Wrap is awful, the application is just messy and clumpy and the product itself looks very dry and stiffy. Awful big bulky wand too! I have no idea what they were thinking when they created this mascara, I definitely won't repurchase it.

continued >>

on 3/16/2008 4:31:00 PM

I have bought the bright green one to apply over my black mascara to the ends of the lashes. The color is interesting and beatiful but you cannot wear it along to work (if you are a plaza women) The wand is awful, it does nothing for the lashes other than the fantastic color. I will not buy again!

on 2/22/2008 2:29:00 PM

Love the product; hate the brush. The brush is kinda weird, so it's hard to apply the mascara evenly. Dab-dab-dab...okay, that's a few lashes....dab-dab-dab....this is gonna take all day. WTF? Maybe if I had more patience, I'd like this better. Received it with two kits I bought, so now I'm stuck with these...guess I'll use them... *sigh* My only Smashbox disappointment so far.

Top Rated Smashbox Products