December 19, 2014 | 1461 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by wilsj35

This is the best tanner I have used so far.Malibu Tan gives you a nice glow and I don't look orange! It does have a nice smell to it but after it wears off, unfortunately it does have that "self-tanner" scent, just not as strong as most. Be sure elbows,knees,heels,knuckles are moisturized because it Will not look pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by rambochick82

This is the best self- tanner I've used yet out of three different kinds! After I saw all the great reviews, I decided to give it a try- and it didn't disappoint. Right off the bat, the smell is a intoxicating tropical scent which makes it all the better. Putting on the creamy lotion is a breeze, and after 3 days, my skin looks lightly toasted, just the way I like it. No hassle, no awful smell, no streaks- and for $4? More please! (PS- Just make sure to exfoliate regularly to avoid any weird patterns or clogged pores.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Products like this one make this site the gem that it is. Malibu Tan Hemp Golden Glow would have never appeared on my radar, but I needed a self-tanner to take the edge off my white legs and lo-and-behold, this product popped up in my browsing.

It really fits the bill in several ways. It's cheap, it works gradually and quite subtly, and the packaging is great. Nothing irritates me more than having greasy hands and a squeeze tube package. Solid container and a pump dispenser means that I can use the heel of my hand to dispense more lotion.

As to the color, it does lean a little yellow at first, but I'll take that over streaky orange any day. My skin after two or three applications (spaced out every other day) is the color of lightly baked biscuits, rather than the raw dough color of my natural skin. I'm not looking to fake a tropical vacation, so that's good enough for me. I use this intermittently and only on arms, shoulders, and most of all, legs. It meets my summertime needs, which are pretty basic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by snowbird1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome. It's very moisturizing and makes my skin look nice and supple. I like that it has coconut oil and other beneficial ingredients, I actually notice a difference in my skin.The tanning effect is natural, not orange or OTT. I'm very pale and after one application my legs are subtly, slightly darker after about a day. Cons -- at first the smell bothered me, like a strange mix of bananas and rancid coconut, but I've gotten used to it. Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by bethv1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for the past three years, and I luv it.
My summer goto moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I already have a nice tan but I look like a bronzed goddess using this. Great color. Cheap. Great ingredients. Pump. LOVE THIS! Smells great

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Sarafox0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really hate this stuff. I bought it from the raging reviews online and the price is cheap. It's my first self tanner and couldn't afford tanning sessions so I thought I'd give it a try so I would have a glow for my wedding coming up soon. According to reviews, it smells awesome and doesn't streak, so that's the main reason why I purchased this from Walmart. It's the exact opposite for me! It made my fingernails/hands an ugly orange even after washing my hands good right after appliance. And for some reason, it refuses to tan certain parts of my body such as my face, the folds of my knees and arms, and chest (my boobs and underneath them). I apply this stuff twice to these areas a day and it's still as white as the day I first applied it. Even though I am 140 pounds I have a little roll when I sit down. It also turned very orange around the crease there! People refer this stuff as coconut smelling but honestly It smells just as awful as that dead skin smell right after stepping out of a tanning bed. Now, my wedding is only days away and I have orange hands, tan arms, and a white face. My wedding photos will look lovely :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cdlukasik

This is totally my new HG self tanner. I am pretty fair and have been my entire life, thus making my life (and skin tone) a little bit sadder every time summer ends. I've never tried a self tanner that works as well as this one on my fair skin.

I purchased this at wal mart for $5 and some odd cents. it has a very pleasant subtle tropical smell that isn't obnoxious or overly noticeable. it comes out white which is nice because it won't stain my clothes. some reviews stated that it started to smell like self tanner after about a day on the skin, but i didn't notice that at all. i exfoliate and apply this all over my body after a shower. it sinks in the skin very well and my skin feels moisturized without looking like the lotion is sitting on top of my skin. in blends very easily. i notice a nice color and glow after only a day of use. the color is not orange at all, it is a very nice tan with a yellow undertone (but not too yellow.) this doesn't streak or look patchy at all and fades very nicely. it makes the perfect amount of color as it builds and it doesn't look harsh at all. just a very nice glow!

i don't know how well this would work for darker skin tones. it wouldn't give a crazy tan, but i suppose it would be nice if you just want to keep a nice glow without looking really dark.

i recommend this for everyone, especially at only $5. i can't find anything bad to say about this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by hollister4432

I would recommend this product and buy it again. I am very pale, and was looking for a self tanner to get rid of my pasty white skin. This product works wonders. I would NOT recommend it to someone with a really dark skin tone already, because there isn't much color pay off. It would help someone maintain/prolong their already dark color though. But for me, it does provide that slight golden bronze glow I'm looking for, while still looking natural. I haven't gotten the comment "woah you look so tan" like I do with other self tanners, but it is still a slight difference than my pale white skin before. The pump is also a nice feature, because you don't get product all over the bottle. It comes out white and has not stained my sheets or clothes like other self tanners. Maybe a little bit, but nothing in comparison. It does saturate my clothes and sheets with that self tanner smell though! And even though this product does smell like banana/candy/tropical when you put it on, it DOES eventually fade into that slight self tanner smell. But not that strong. Overall, this is a fantastic product and is worth the $6.00 I paid for it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Builds color slowly. Does not stain my hands at all if I just wash after application. Has a nice sweet scent, almost chocolate-like. Does NOT leave that weird self tanner smell later on your skin. I found this huge bottle at my Walmart. The pump is easy to use. Inexpensive and much more mistake-proof than typical tanners. Quite moisturizing.

CONS: My only con (and it's more about the packaging) is that the pump doesn't turn in a way that you can "re-close" it like you can some other pumps. This has a sweet scent that maybe some wouldn't like. It's almost chocolate-like. I personally love it. Also, this is slow building and not for someone who wants rapid results. I'm not sure how this works on already tan skin; in other words, I don't know how much this darkens skin that isn't as light as mine. (I'm N15 and lean to NC a bit.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I make sure I don't put too much so that I don't have to rub it in forever (make sure you don't leave too much that isn't rubbed in or you're more prone to streaks. Before starting I rub in a little bit of heavy body cream or body butter on the parts that are more likely to stain (knuckles, heels, ankles, knees, elbows, etc.) I dab off excess cream from my hands onto a towel. And then when applying the Hemp lotion in that area, I apply it to the easily-stained area last...like when putting on the arms, I apply to the elbows last, so that less gets applied there.

ALTERNATES: I prefer this more than the Ocean Potion "Ever Glow" one that is like this, mainly because it darkens me more than this can.(Did a side-by-side comparison for a week.) The Malibu one doesn't have such a sweet vanilla/orange (50/50 ice cream bar) smell. It's more of a subtle sweetness that smells a bit like chocolate. The Malibu one seems to be more readily available in stores and is more moisturizing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No