Elizabeth Arden Shimmering Powder Brush

4.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My Christmas special EA pallette has this shimmer highlighter in soft gold shimmer. Its a nice pale gold, not too sparkly or blingy but gives a lovely glow on the cheekbones. My only grip is that its a bit dry and so while applying, it settles onto other areas of the face too. You have to be very careful while applying this. Other than that, its a nice highlighter and because you need so little of it, its going to last me ages.

on 11/3/2008 12:59:00 PM

Got this today in TKMaXX on offer and I snapped it up! It comes in a gorgeous red box with a cute little kabuki and a beautiful compact.Ive wanted this for ages but didnt want to pay full price.Am chuffed I got it cheaply and it takes pride of place on my dressing table.

on 2/18/2008 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought this at full price (Christmastime!) and even though it's up for swap, I still love it. I just have too many highlighters! I was drawn to it like a cat toward sparkly objects. It comes in a pretty red compact with a red application brush with ultra soft bristles.

I've used it only a handful of times, but everytime I've felt like "a lady". It's a very luxurious powder that looks beautiful swept long bones. It doesn't glitter tackily, but smoothly highlights and glows. It's very finely jet milled.

The colour is a peachy cream that borders on an opal gold. It's a very natural shade, unlike a lot of highlighters nowadays that make people look like traffic lights. This one is based on people's real skin tones. I hope they make it part of their regular holiday selection!

on 4/23/2006 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This a retractable, medium-sized brush filled with a very-finely milled silver shimmer powder. Gives my skin a silver shimmer w/o looking grey. This is pretty shiny. So a little goes a long way. I wear for evening or to church. Not the greatest of brushes though. But very, very easy to blend with my makeup using a Japonesque blush brush. Adheres to skin well. I use to highlight cheek & brow bones. I found on the clearance table at Cosmetic Warehouse for $2. But I would repurchase at normal cost.***** UPDATE 4/02/07 *****Don't use this much. Prefer Zhen Element Shimmer Powder in Earth or Water. continued >>