July 28, 2014 | 1176 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Freshel White C Brightening UV Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Pauw

Initially I was supposed to restock on my shiseido sun protection liquid foundation (just so you have an idea of the types of foundation that I use loyally). However they did not have a stock of the shade I use. So I tried to look for other foundations that are similar and to my surprise, I found it.

Pro's
1. Affordable. For the functionality and quantity of this product, you cannot really say much about the price.
2. Staying ability. This foundation lasts really long. For a foundation to last about 8 hours on me and still looks acceptable, it's good in the staying power department.
3. It does not make me oily. I actually get oilier without this foundation. It's also sweat and humidity proof.
4. Does not oxidize. This is a make or break for me especially for my oily and slightly acidic skin.I think japanese foundations excel at this.
5. Provides good sun protection. This has SPF 30 PA ++ and looking at the ingredients, this thing is somehow a physical sunscreen infused in a foundation.
6. Has a flattering dewy finish for all you dewy lovers out there.
7. Does not make me break out.

Neutral
1. For someone who prefers heavier coverage, do not expect this foundation to do the trick for you. No matter how much you layer it, it can only go as far as medium coverage.
2. The packaging is quite plain. Not much of a big deal though.

Con's
1. The shade selection is very VERY limited that the darkest shade they have was still light for my skintone. However, this is quite acceptable since it adapts to my skintone after a few while.

Overall, I am in love with this foundation. It is perfect for outdoor use due to the sun protection factor. It doesn't bulge and it does not oxidize.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by pyrobaby

In Japan, where everything has "whitening" written on it yet it's impossible to find a decent foundation for a PPP (even US brands only sell the yellow, darker shades here!), I finally found a foundation that works for me! I had been using the Freshel White C skincare line already with no problems, and was getting tired of the L'oreal powder crap I was using just because it was the only color match I could find. A little bottle is only around 12 dollars, too, so it was no big risk to try! I got OC-C1. It totally blends into my skin, taking away all my redness (my cheeks are totally blotchy), not making my pores stand out, and just generally making my skin look a lot better than it does without makeup. :) It has SPF 31 and after over a month hasn't broken me out, to boot! My friend who is just starting to use makeup started trying the powder version of this on my suggestion and she loves it, too. If you can find it, give this stuff a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by julienrei

I picked up a bottle of this on a trip to Japan, where the Freshel White C line is readily available in drugstores. Paid about US$12-15 for 30 ml (depending on whether it's on sale or not). There are four shades, and testers are readily available in the drugstores. The foundation comes in a tiny, cute white bottle which is simple and fuss-free. This is my first liquid foundation so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I love this! The consistency is light, and the foundation spreads easily and smoothly with a bit of blending. It dries to a matte, flawless finish. Coverage is great and this disguises my smaller acne scars so I don't need to use concealer on top of those. What's awesome is that there is SPF 31 PA+++ in this....and yet it doesn't feel greasy at all, nor does it break me out (I have oily, very acne-prone skin)!! I love this, and have already bought a backup. Too bad it's not readily available outside of Asia. I took one lipstick off because it does emphasize flakes if I don't moisturize well beforehand.