September 19, 2014 | 1990 users online

Polishes - Creative Nail Design - Cedar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2006 3:14:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This looks so much darker in the bottle than it turned out to be on my fingertips! The previous reviewer did an excellent job at describing it. The color is a slightly metallic reddish brown...rust...but not as orange as I tend to think of rust tones anyways.

It's not my fave, but a good color for fall nonetheless. I would have preferred something deeper in tone, but it is still a pretty decent polish.

Edit: Ended up putting this in my giveaway box and decided that I really didn't like the color on my nails after all, especially in natural light, it was very rusty in an orangish sort of way and looked strange on my nails. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 11:53:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow... Cedar is nice. Cedar is rich, deep, and sensual. I love it!

THE COLOR...

The color of this is a red red rust. It's deep, not a watered down color. It is very very shimmery. It's not a pepperoni pizza shade, it's an intensely red rusty almost brown color. But it's not brown. It's way intense. Looks the way a person with brown hair would want their red hair to look.

THE APPLICATION...

The texture and application are intertwined so I'll review them together. I like the texture, it's springy and easy to apply, not too foamy and not too wet/drippy. It's not going to run into the corners and edges of your nails and gloop and pool. It's one of the easier colors I've applied in a while. It did not go on right over a base coat, it went on over CG Sunset Glow and its base coat and top coat. That means it may have been a smoother, glassier surface than my usually bumpy nail.

THE WEAR...

Usually laying multiple polishes is a call for disaster but it's holding on tight after all that. End of 48 hrs, no chips or anything. I almost feel it's not exciting enough for toes, it's sort of a classy sexy tip color to wear anywhere, board meetings, anything. I love it. Get it.

The only reason it's not getting a five is probably because rust colors aren't my fave, but time may change this. I took toe pics, let me know if you want to see them!