August 1, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure - Voluptuous

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by chechi

I purchased this from a duty free shop in Bangalore, so I'm not sure of it's availability here in the US. The employee said it was a popular color among his clients there. It's a beautiful, wearable everyday red with gold shimmer (although the gold does not translate onto the lips). The lipstick is comfortable to wear on it's own - but I top it off with Beaute's red lip gloss in urge - and I think it looks quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mmarina342

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my favorite lipstick. The color can be a little bronzy or pinky or red...I don't know how to describe it but it seems to match everything I wear. I would not have tried it if the SA had not pointed it out to me. Depending on the lipliner I can totally change the look of this color. Love it! I ran back and got a second one for backup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A beautiful cool red that I'm reaching for a lot this winter - a very wearable red even for ppp's, but it would probably look great on eveery skintone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My review echoes much of Kittycatpainter's - This is a lovely deep, burnt, shimmering rose that in the tube appears like a red but it goes on either as a pale, shimmery pink if applied lightly or as a deep rose if applied heavily/twice. My only problem with this product is that is has a bit of drag, not horribly dry by any means but I like to apply it over lipbalm (esp Dr. Haschka's) to give it a bit more moisture. I am a ppp also brunette and gray/hazel eyes and this is probably one of the best shades I've found for my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kittycatpainter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Voluptuous is as others have described-the lipstick version of Chanel's Spark Glossimer. it has the same strawberry-red with golden shimmer look on that Spark does. in the tube it's very deceiving...looks like a dark brick red but it's not. it's very flattering on my LLL (Chanel TI in Cameo/Shell) complexion, dark hair, and hazel eyes. it's very wearable and would suit a lot of complexions, imo. It's in the red family so could be considered a "holiday" shade, but it's a red you could easily turn to year round, in daytime or evening. The usual superlative Rouge Allure texture and cool packaging too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like previous reviewers have said, Voluptuous looks totally different in the tube- in the tube it looks like a warm brick red. I don't do brick reds, but because lighting in stores is so fake, I thought I would use this color as a base to swatch against because I was looking for something else, a cool red or a berry. Lo and behold it swatched a cool dark reddish berry color with gold. Goes on smoothly and the color payoff is nice without being OTT. If you are a pale, cool-toned girl like me, swatch this and you will love it and buy it and live happily ever after. If you have Voluptuous IME you do not need Mystery, as you can get the same effect as Mystery using Voluptuous with a dark liner or gloss. Vice versa, Mystery applied as a stain with some light gloss on top gives you Voluptuous- at least on my moderatly pigmented lips. I recommend this lippie just like I would recommend Mystery for anyone looking for a berry lippie with gold shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is a hot pink on me (ppp), it goes well with spark glossimer over the top. This feels nice on the lips is not drying to me. The color stays on about the same as most lipsticks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by susiej

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick has HG written all over it.
Voluptuous is a difficult colour to describe b/c it looks so different in the tube VS on. In the tube it looks like a bronzey brownish red with very fine gold microshimmer. On its just the prettiest more wearable reddish berry shade. The formula is soft, in my experience non drying and wears very well (no gathering at the edges) Big downside is of course price but you are paying for the brand.

I love the packaging.. Plain black tube with a click mechanism to release the lipstick. Very sophisticated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If I were to own just one lipstick, this would be it! Great color, texture and last ing power.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by jasanna143

Yes yes, the price could be overwhelming for some but it's Chanel, you get what you pay for IMHO. Anyway, the color is fab - a beautiful berry red that isn't too OTT and could easily be worn during the day. I'm nc25 bro/bro and find it very hard to find shades that don't wash me out or look garish. I have very pigmented lips so it's very hard to find a true color I had in mind. When I went to my Chanel counter, I was going to buy Emotion only to find out it turned extremely pink on my lips - not what I wanted. So I said to heck w/ it and started playing around. I came across this and decided to try it. The MA must have read my mind because she immediately said this shade brightened up my complexion when I was asking myself the same question! Any shade that can do that is a keeper in my book. I can see myself wearing this w/ NARS Outlaw for a berry'ish "just got in from the cold" look. A perfect staple for those who are wanting to try reds. It has a great gold shimmer to it and seems to be a complex shade to describe. Def try it on...I never would have if I wasn't curious!