Bloom Pressed Powder

2.5

on 3/24/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this pressed powder in Light (there are only two shades available), and it's too light for me. I'm guessing Honey would be too dark. It's cakey and doesn't provide any coverage at all. As someone with visible acne scars, I can't use this product without foundation under. The sponge is rough and ugly too. The only thing I like about it is the packaging. It comes in a super thin round compact with a nice large mirror, so it's the best powder to stick into a tiny purse for quick touch-ups when going out. Not worth buying again though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have a hard time finding powders and foundations that match my pale, asian colored skin, so I was surprised when I found Bloom's pressed powder in 'honey.' It is almost a perfect match for me and best of all does not change colors over my foundation or darken throughout the day. Unfortunately, everything else about this powder is pretty average. It gives such patchy, chalky coverage that you could not wear it without a base (I always wear a creme base so I managed to make it work for me.) I stuck with this powder for two months while trying in vain to find another match for me, and in the end threw it out because it irritated my eczema. I do have sensitive skin when it comes to cosmetics. I would not recommend this powder to anyone unless you only need a setting powder for your foundation and have no history of irritation with any cosmetics.