November 27, 2014 | 1597 users online

Lip Treatments - Dove - Shimmering Silk Lipbalm

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by anitalovestoshop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vaseline has been my HG for years. However I recently found out that it doesn't actually penetrate the lips to provide long term moisture, it just sits on the top of your lips. Hence I was re-applying it every few mins in the end! So now looking for something which provides some kind of actual nourishment, so I can re-apply much less. This is actually OK stuff, apart from the fact that it makes your lips look quite white. Which in turn makes you look a bit ill! But the moisurising effect is quite good, and it smells lovely. Unfortunately I will keep on looking for my new HG though...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This would be an okay product if Dove wouldn't sell it as Lip Care. Cause that's totally not what it does.
Yes, it provides a soft and silky shine, but that's about it. It doesn't moisturize better than any normal lipgloss or lipstick.
The texture is very thin and my lips swallow it immediately.
Wouldn't reccomend buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by makukulden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is actually only lip palm that helps me with my problem with cracked mouth corners. It heals them in one (!) day. I tried lots of different palms and cremes. Even went to doctor.
Bad thing is that I can't find this product anymore from local stores.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2006 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Enting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a shock to me as I'm ususally very fond of Dove products. The Shimmering Silk lipbalm, is a balm in stick form. The tube itself is just lovely (milky transparent top, and shimmering goldish bottom of the tube wich has a quite pretty shape, and the little Dove on it too...), but the balm is far less than that. Althugh it does seem to shimmer a bit, it is just a very lousy balm. I found it to be very watery and of an unpleasant texture. It certainly did not moisturise. I even gave it away if I remember it correctly, that's how much I could not stand it.
I probably should have gotten the creamy, dark blue/white original version...