November 23, 2014 | 1105 users online

Lips - Philosophy - Melon Daiquiri

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by risababy

It's an alright product. Really quite glossy and this particular flavour is clear. I can smell the melon for sure, but it's a little artificial, which doesn't bother me. I received this as a gift along with the Senorita Margarita body wash.

One thing I did not like about this is that it did give me those weird lip gloss strings when you talk. Like when you separate your lips, the lip gloss is still kinda sticking to itself so it forms these strands of product between your lips. Not the look I was going for.

Decently priced for a Philosophy product, but I will not buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by hapabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yummy! Smells and tastes great, and is pretty neutral. I have pigmented lips so I gave up on finding any lip color that actually made a color on my lips. This is pretty moisturizing too. Wish it stayed on better, but I'm constantly talking/eating/drinking, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a gloss that actually moisturized lips. This adds a tiny bit of pink color and leaves lips smooth. On my pigmented lips, the sparkles aren't too obvious- it just looks shiny. So far, this is my favorite lip gloss out of many.

Pros: Adds a little color, adds shine, leaves lips moisturized, stays on for a couple of hours before needing to reapply, doesn't buildup in the corners of my mouth, not very sticky or thick.

Cons: A little pricey, $10 for a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This gloss looks coral in the tube but applies almost sheer with lot so sparkle. It smells delicious and tastes good too. It's not too sticky and it leaves my lips feeling very soft and moisturized. It has ok staying power for a gloss. I would def buy this again but maybe I'll try different flavors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tsmith4896

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best lip gloss on the market hands down. It is shiny, moisturizing, tastes great and stays in place. It is even a notch above Juily Tubes, which used to be my HG. Also, the tube lasts a long time. Wonderful product.
UPDATE: I wrote this review about 2 years ago and have tried numerous glosses sine then. Still, to me, this is the BEST lipgloss on the market. And you can ask my ex, I have tried every gloss on the planet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by jessica911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this lipgloss. It tastes and smells great and the color is pretty and sheer! i will definatly buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by SammieRoos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely gloss, really shimmery and it gives you a bit of that wet look. It looks pink/peach in the tube but it looks transparent on your lips but I actually like that.
I gave 4 lips because the scent is so strong and it gets irritating after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by bene753

Very nice product! Smooth, and great for winter dryness. Nice sheer color, great with that bright lip stick that you love but is too bright. I took one star off because it was a little sticky but wtheck all lipgloss is a little sticky!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by stmcdm

This and the candy cane one are the only philosophy lip shines I can stand to smell. I love this one, it's so fruity and is just a wonderful color :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've watched the philosophy shows on QVC several times. I almost have their selling points memorized - but I'm a skeptic. When I saw a lip shine at Sephora, I thought "What the hell... might as well try it." I like the 3-in-1's, and it was only $10.

I bought the "very emollient melon daiquiri flavored lip shine" - and it *is* very emmollient. It's the most moisturizing lip gloss I've ever used - and it lasts! My lips feel good after wearing it - moisturized and happy! Hours after applying, no matter what I've been doing (talking, eating, etc.) I can still feel the gloss, and that's pretty good.

melon daiquiri smells wonderful, and tastes pretty good, too (I haven't *purposely* eaten the gloss, but you know what I mean). It's a pink-peach glitterfest in the tube, but goes on very sheer - I notice no color on my lips from this. The shimmer, however, is noticeble. For $10, this has to be the best gloss for moisturizing and for lasting power.