The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 5/21/2015 11:04:00 PM

I hate the whole tea tree range from body shop.
I have combined skin & prone to break outs. So I thought these products would help.

That was not the case, they all irritated my skin and made my break outs even worse. I also hated the smell, it's not the nice tea tree smell, it smells kind of off

on 4/14/2015 5:56:00 PM

This product was okay, it did keep my skin acne free and is a very deep cleanser. Although it did make my skin dry and for that reason i would not buy it again.

on 4/14/2015 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been buying this product for four years (at least). I used to have oily skin, so it was recommended by the salesperson when I said that. My face isn't that oily anymore but this face wash still does its job without drying my skin.
It's very cleansing and it became a habit for me to use it every morning. I also use it after cleaning my make up as a final touch. And I must say, it smells great if you like that fresh scent.
I bought it for my boyfriend too - who has oily skin and some acne problems- and he's very satisfied with it too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This face wash really helped clear up my skin. Since I have normal skin, it can be a tad drying, so I only use this face wash at night and a different one in the morning.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love most body shop tea tree products or oily skinned items but this is not a definite keeper for me. I found that I had to use a makeup remover before, (sometimes) after this and that is before I used the tea tea toner too (which btw is wonderful, a definite recommendation to you with oily or acne prone skin, removes all last traces of dirt or makeup excellently). But I don't like having to use several products just to be sure my makeup is removed completely including wash, toner, makeup remover, soap, etc. Other cleansers have done a far better job of removing the makeup perhaps by latherering better. This is extremely hard to lather well on ones face and recomoved next to no makeup on me. Still a very nice product, smells nice, gentle and from the tree tree range which has excellent toners and good face creams. and I would probably reccomend this to those with more sensitive skin.

on 3/18/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Don't be fooled by the claims of this product. Many of us know that tea tree oil is a benefit to have in a product, but the remaining ingredients in this product are terrible. They include SLS (a harsh soap cleanser which should be avoided, especially those with oily skin), alcohol (which can impair your skin's moisture barrier and overproduce oil), and of course artificial colouring which for no reason to be included. Additionally, this leaves that "squeaky clean" feel on your skin which isn't a good sign. This cleanser is a definite no for me.
And The Body Shop, why not use more natural ingredients and steer away from the harmful cheaper ones, won't ya?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this face wash.Its is treats my acne better then other cleansers. It isint very drying or hard on the skin.It helps to clear out my skin and give good foam.However I don't use this to remove my make up by itself. I use a makeup remover first.

on 3/2/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is THE perfect face wash for girls with acne prone skin OR oily skin. It does a good job in controlling my face from getting oily and it also prevents me from breaking out. I don't have skin which is loaded with acne; I break out once in a while. Though, this has really helped me in preventing those 'once in a while' breakouts. The only thing which I don't like is the smell, haha! Otherwise, it's a great face wash!

on 2/18/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have been using this face wash for ober two years now. tea tree oils has many properties for the skin. it has helped my blemishes and it leaves my skin feeling cleansed without drying it out.

on 2/14/2015 1:35:00 PM

Don't buy this expecting that it'll clear up bad skin. However, it does clean up oil and product residue effectively. It definitely won't remove makeup, because that's not the purpose of this cleanser. It's quite refreshing for people with oily skin, but will dry other skin types out.