April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Lip Gloss - Jordana - LipShine Shimmer Glaze Brush On Gloss - ALL

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

Similar to ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick. Gloss is pumped on to a little brush.I have color rasberry. I think it may last a little longer than Elf; it seems to leave a little color after the shine wears off. I would buy other shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AWFUL. The color I'm reviewing is for HONEY LUAU. This mess was horrible and I took it back to Walgreen's the next day, I didn't even care if it was a $1.99 return. At first I was really intrigued by the smell (like sugar cookies) and the shade (nude). It looked neutral with a tad bit of shimmer which I am really not crazy about, but I went ahead and purchased it. I got it home and tried it on my lips and oh...my...gosh...that delicious scent was gone. It tasted as if I ate a plastic bag, it was terrible, it was as if the taste had totally morphed into something disgusting. And the shimmer was multiplied like ten times. It was as if someone tossed a bucket of glitter on my lips. So glad it's gone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

So I visited my local Walgreens last night, and bought a lot of Jordana stuff, due to the reviews here. Unfortunately, I can't seem to like the Lip Shine as much as the other reviewers. D: I got the Natural Glaze in Pink Grapefruit btw.

Pros:
Non-sticky
Cheap ($1.99 at my local Walgreens - price raise? still cheap though)
non extreme smell/nice sweet smell
not bad color - not super strong and a natural shine as opposed to super glitter.
clicker pen! Easy to use gloss dispenser (via the twist/click end) and a neat and easy to use brush. LOVE that brush.

Cons:
no lasting power - this thing stays for maybe half an hour to an hour if I don't touch it/don't eat/drink/whatever.
not sticky enough - pretty much off of the above, it's not sticky enough so it doesn't stay. When I drink something, the rim of the cup would be smothered by this stuff.
too...colorful? - in the sense that when I drink, not only does it wipe off, it also stays on the rim of the cup, and it's a bright pink color. Rather gross/not at all discrete x___x
rather fast fade time - since it doesn't last, there's no "nice faint shine on your lips after x number of hours since you first applied" which I get when I use Lancome juicy tubes. With Lancome's juicy tubes, not only does it last longer, the fade is very elegant as well since it keeps your lips faintly glossy and moist.

I think my major issue with it is the lasting time. Yes it's not sticky/gooey/leave a weird rim around your lips after x number of hours, but that also means you have to apply constantly. the colors left on everything your lips touch is also a major turnoff for me, especially since the color is so vibrant (although because my lips are already naturally pigmented, the Grapefruit color doesn't really seem to do much to me, just give me a shine).

Aside from lip balm/chapstick, this is the product i've used that's the least sticky/last time. Most sticky is anything by Clinique (so I stay far away from them haha) with Victoria's Secret stuff a little better. Lancom, by far, is my favorite lipgloss. It's just the right amount of sticky, looks very nice/natural when put on, and last a long time. Best of all, even after 3 or 4 hours it still leaves a faint elegant moist shine on my lips that looks incredibly natural as opposed to looking like I have gobs of gloss on. I might be tempted to buy another tube of Jordana's Lip Shine for the click pen (because it's so fun lol) and it's cheapness, but at the end of the day I know i'm going to default back to my Lancome tube again. For the record, the Lancome I use is Rose Twist 085 juicy tube swirls, which may actually be discontinued/LE. And yes, I know Lancome tubes are $22 per, but I bought mine onsale at a local outlet during Xmas season for only $5 (and I bought a bunch of Lancome eyeshadows and other things for $5 too!). For many people they would have to try different kind/color of Lancome tubes to get the right natural color for them. Also when I drink from a cup, the rim have a very faint mark, almost undiscernable.

Bottom line, it's a nice cheap alternative, but definitely should move on to something better once you've figured out the type of color that suits you best!

EDIT: okay so maybe i was a little too harsh. In hind sight I think if I know i won't be doing any eating/drinking in the near future, I would definitely use this. The color is still quite pretty, and it's not super sticky (well, nothing beat Clinique in that sense...) so it's definitely not bad for its price. i might repurchase, but only once i'm done with this tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by theleaningelm

I have this in 01 Pink Grapefruit, which is a warm, glossy pink with subtle shimmer (you can't see it, but you can feel it. Or at least, I can), that applies neither sticky nor dry. The gloss isn't very pigmented, but it adds depth to whatever you have underneath, and gives a MLBB look over lip balm. It has a sweet citrusy smell to it, but no taste, which is actually good, because I'd be tempted to lick it off if it tasted the way it smelled. The only reason I take a lippie off is because of the clicker. I don't know if I got a defective product or not, but it took me three minutes of cranking to get the product out the first time, and every time after that, takes me five or six clicks to get enough gloss to apply. Otherwise, a cute product for a good price ($1.50 at my local Walgreens). Will repurchase!

EDIT: After less than a month of clicking, I was left with a dry pen. I don't use lip gloss every day, so this would either mean Jordana expects its users to be extremely frugal with their application, or this stuff evaporates faster than Larry Platt's moment of fame. My vote's on the latter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

OMG, how I love these little gems. They are like .99 cents at Walgreen's and are exactly like Stila's lip glazes. The click up pen dispenses the perfect amount of product. The formula is perfect - it isn't too thick, goopy or sticky. They smell like their names. I have them in Pink Grapefruit (my fave - a pretty light pink), Banana Cream (perfect nude), Vanilla Bean, Sugar Cookie, Watermelon and Candy (this one is too "glittery" for me). Everyone should try these! ETA: only get these in the natural glazes, not the shimmer glazes. The shimmer glazes are way too glittery unless you are a teen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok i didn't realize there were 2 types when i purchased these but let me give separate reviews for them:

Neutral Glaze: 5 lippies! I got this in banana cream and it smells great! this is my boyfriend's favorite pie so i believe he will be loving the smell of this gloss. It goes on smooth and shinny and lasts for a while. I love these kinds of applicators altho i know many don't. I feel this is very comparable to Stila's Lip Glaze. For me, it feels exactly the same. The smell also doesn't get gross after sitting on the brush for a while like the Stila ones. It still smells like fresh banana cream pie and I haven't used this in a while.

Shimmer Glaze: 2 lippies... I got this in strawberry and i do love the smell very much. But i believe this is for small girls who are beginning their interest in makeup. This is very shimmery... wait... not shimmer, GLITTERY. Although it does give a cute effect on the lips, it feels like tiny grains of sand. Not really my taste. Also, glitter sticks to my lips after i wipe it off. Horrible to clean off. I suppose i'll swap this or give it to someone... but hey for 1.50... can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by april4

omg - i bought 2 of these on a whim at the checkout a walgreens at these are really great! i bought sugar cane and bananas foster - yummy!!!!! they smell good and they have a great shine too! very impressed! $1/50 each!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these glosses!! I have six of them and they are all great. I do like the natural glazes better than the shimmer ones. The shimmer ones have glitter in them that after reapplying stick to your lips. The watermelon punch one is my favorite and is a very pretty medium pink. I really like the moisturizing quality of these glosses and the price makes them hard to resist!!! I buy these when I want something cheap and fun. The applicator is a little tricky and sometimes you get too much but hey, for $1.50, I can't complain. If you haven't tried these get a couple. They're lots of fun! *edit* I have since tried L'Oreal color juice tubes and have given up on the Jordana glosses!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by WriterGal82

I bought the Natural Glaze Lip Shine in Pink Grapefruit and was blown away by how much I like it!!! Honestly, it is the most perfect color for me (I wear BE in 2 if that helps, with brown hair and blue eyes). It smells like pink lemonade (which I happen to also love) and it's not sticky and is sheer but not too sheer. I love it for every day!!! I will sooo buy this again and again and again!!!! And it's only $3 for 2 of them!!
UPDATE: After seeing myself in natural light, the color is a touch frosty, which I'm not into at all, but it's still a pretty color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 2:47:00 AM More reviews by teekay01

For being a lipgloss snob lately, these glosses are amazing! I got the Lip Shine in 03 Raspberry. What a great color!! And what a steal at 2 for $3. This will be my HG for the moment. Love the staying power too. Forget about the Chanel, Dior, and MAC glosses, this one is a keeper!