December 18, 2014 | 1356 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Thickening Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

My bottle says its a 'Thickening Hairspray' It can be misleading and you can use it the wrong way which makes it sticky and uncomfortable in the hair. I'm not saying there is a wrong or right way but definately can be the difference between a horrible product to a great one. This is not really a hairspray but more of a thickening volume spray best used with wet hair and blow dry.

This works great in wet (close to damp but not dripping wet) hair. Make sure you dont sprits too much because you can feel it in your hair and can be sticky. 1 spray on each area would do and then blow dry your hair. Combing or rubbing it in as you go.

I feel like a lot of bumble and bumble hair products work best with shorter hair eg. Surf Spray so I'm not sure if it will tangle your hair if you had extremely long hair. Certainly combing as you blow dry would help.

When I finish washing my hair, I wouldnt use anything in my hair because I like to keep my roots clean and clear ( I dont like the idea of products clogging my roots) But after blowdrying it, this is quite a light spray. It gives me volume, a little shine and fullness. It leaves your hair weightless. I really like how I cant feel anything in my hair after using it but I stil have thickness.
I would still use a hair treatment oil in the ends of my hair to keep the ends tame and frizz free.

The smell has some alcohol smell with a light sweet fragrance. I dont really enjoy the scent but I dont hate it. After spraying it, you cant smell it anymore so its nothing to worry about. It doesnt seem to dry out my hair but maybe because I'm using a oil treatment. I might not have use it long enough to feel any damage from the alcohol(if there is any) but I have very oily roots so maybe thats preventing my hair to dry out.

Overall, this is a great spray to thicken your hair but use it with wet hair. And a tip is to comb it while you blow dry your hair so it doesnt tangle and distribute it evenly.

All the experience I got was because I didnt spray too much in my hair. Its light and doesnt cake up in my roots or leave any residue.

Whats really great is that its easy to use, no need to wash it out, doesnt leave any feeling in my hair and makes my hair thicker + doesnt dry my hair out. Thats everything I wanted any cant find a product with all that in 1 product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a deluxe sample of this bottle via Sephora. It helps thicken fine hair prior to blowdrying, however alone it does not work very well. I have used it along with mousse from Drybar and the mouse and spray combo works very well. Pleasant smell. It can also be used as finishing spray. I like it but don't love it...not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kouzakat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it! it really does icken my straight hair and blow drying does no longer give me boring pin straight hair! I use this along with B&B texture for more volume and texture overall perfect together! I like the smell when spraying it to my hair it does not smell like rubbing alcohol!! Also, I need only a few spritzes on my long hair so the bottle really lasts!! I would definitely recommend that to everyone with straight hair that need some volume

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sallyekong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this a couple of times and have mixed feelings...

It does seem to work as a thickener - I spray it onto my towel dried hair before blowdrying and do find that it gives me noticeably more thickness. I'm careful not to spray too much, as it does leave the hair a bit coarse - I average around 3 sprays each side on my shoulder length hair.

However, for my hair (Asian and straight but lacks volume), it's not a stand alone product - it doesn't provide any hold, so I also spray KMS Heat Flex spray before I blowdry. I then curl my hair with a curling iron and hop into bed!

Although it does thicken my hair, it's not enough to give me the body I need, so I put a sea salt spray on the roots in the morning to give my crown area an extra bit of lift.

I'll keep using it until the bottle is finished, but unsure about whether I'd buy it again. To its credit, it's quite a generous sized bottle, considering how little you need in each application, so it will last a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Ldugas1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample with a purchase, and I surprisingly use it all the time. I have long, healthy hair, and it's good when I need to "put a little dirty in it" for styling. I haven't tried their mousse which is on my list to buy next, but I do use this with the tonic lotion, and my hair feels healthy, but not too smooth to style. And my hair looks pretty good when I spend the time to actually blow it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a travel sized bottle of this thickening spray when I bought full sizes of the shampoo and conditioner. My hair is fine, shoulder-length, coloured and foiled blonde, with my natural light blonde colour underneath. I have always had trouble finding products that will give me volume and body that lasts throughout the day and night. Sadly this spray is not the answer to my prayers. A little goes a long way and it's easy to overdo it and end up with sticky hair. Applied sparingly it still makes my hair knotty and dries it out. It doesn't really add any volume or body to my hair. Not a big fan of the smell either. I'm glad I only bought a small bottle. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine hair, which I recently had cut to a short, long-layered bob. I also colour my hair.

When I first used it, yes, it was sticky and didn't do much for my hair.

I then bought B&B's Prep. I spray Prep in my towel-dried hair first, and smooth it through with my hands. I then put the Thickening Spray in, but I "lift" my hair, section by section, and don't apply too much (or yes, you hair will be sticky!) .

Whether I blow dry my hair, or air dry it, the results are AMAZING. Shine, volume, added thickness. No stickiness or "crispy" hair. Does NOT weigh hair down.

No other product compares to this (and I've spent sooo much on hair products over the years!)

The only con? The price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

i expected this to give my roots some lift and add some texture but it does neither. it doesn't really add much thickness so much as it makes the hair feel stiff and coated and fuzzy. it feels sticky, and the overpowering scent lingers for hours. come to think of it, there's no reason for me to believe that this isn't just some foul-smelling hairspray in a pump bottle. another dud by bumble & bumble.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm starting to think Bumble & Bumble is a big experiment about whether you can sell anything, even if it's totally useless, if you put a big price tag on it. This stuff did nothing to thicken/volumise my hair at all. It didn't change a thing about it. Nothing at all!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Does exactly what it says on the proverbial tin: this product will thicken your hair. That said, as directed, for best results, should be used in conjunction with either B&B Prep or Tonic. If used alone, expect a drier finish. Despite this qualifier: this is still a frontrunner in the ongoing thickening race!