September 3, 2014 | 1020 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Thickening Spray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a travel sized bottle of this thickening spray when I bought full sizes of the shampoo and conditioner. My hair is fine, shoulder-length, coloured and foiled blonde, with my natural light blonde colour underneath. I have always had trouble finding products that will give me volume and body that lasts throughout the day and night. Sadly this spray is not the answer to my prayers. A little goes a long way and it's easy to overdo it and end up with sticky hair. Applied sparingly it still makes my hair knotty and dries it out. It doesn't really add any volume or body to my hair. Not a big fan of the smell either. I'm glad I only bought a small bottle. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine hair, which I recently had cut to a short, long-layered bob. I also colour my hair.

When I first used it, yes, it was sticky and didn't do much for my hair.

I then bought B&B's Prep. I spray Prep in my towel-dried hair first, and smooth it through with my hands. I then put the Thickening Spray in, but I "lift" my hair, section by section, and don't apply too much (or yes, you hair will be sticky!) .

Whether I blow dry my hair, or air dry it, the results are AMAZING. Shine, volume, added thickness. No stickiness or "crispy" hair. Does NOT weigh hair down.

No other product compares to this (and I've spent sooo much on hair products over the years!)

The only con? The price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i expected this to give my roots some lift and add some texture but it does neither. it doesn't really add much thickness so much as it makes the hair feel stiff and coated and fuzzy. it feels sticky, and the overpowering scent lingers for hours. come to think of it, there's no reason for me to believe that this isn't just some foul-smelling hairspray in a pump bottle. another dud by bumble & bumble.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm starting to think Bumble & Bumble is a big experiment about whether you can sell anything, even if it's totally useless, if you put a big price tag on it. This stuff did nothing to thicken/volumise my hair at all. It didn't change a thing about it. Nothing at all!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Does exactly what it says on the proverbial tin: this product will thicken your hair. That said, as directed, for best results, should be used in conjunction with either B&B Prep or Tonic. If used alone, expect a drier finish. Despite this qualifier: this is still a frontrunner in the ongoing thickening race!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Decent thickening spray. I usually spray this on my roots only for texture and volume. The reason I would not repurchase is a) holy cow, the alcohol really reaks! This stuff has a bad smell, very unpleasant and I have long hair so as I go about my day and it my hair swings around me I can smell the alcohol/spray for hours .. .very annoying. b) I can get better results minus the price and smell with lots of other products which are cheaper/better (eg: Spray n Play, AG, etc) c) very, very drying and makes hair tangle easily - might not be such an issue if you have shorter hair. Overall, decent for volume and texture but not worth the price. It literally smelled and felt like I was spraying on rubbing alcohol or vodka. Will use it up but never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Cuteiswhatiaimfor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a travel size and I'm dying to repurchase! I decided I wanted to go blonde and had a full head of highlights done about 4 or 5 times in the space of 4 months!! As you can imagine my hair was in bits and I was still brassy so I went back to brown. Since then my hair just kept breaking off and was in a terrible state! Half of my hair fell out and I was pretty upset! So when I got this it made so much difference to my hair! I used this on my wet hair just before blow drying and it worked wonders! It felt fuller and gave it body for when I styled my hair!! Totally recommend this product to anyone and I can't wait to repurchase a full sized bottle as my travel size is almost done! It lasted me a long time and therefore think the price of this product is justified!! Beaut product and does what it says on the bottle!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

HG status product! Although I do love to use this in my roots(along with B & B Texture) for volume, I discovered by accident it works even better as a curl spray. I just spray it throughout damp hair, blowdry the roots w/ head upside down for a few mins, and let the rest air dry. It gives me the prettiest soft ringlets. This is a great product, very versatile. I love you, Bumble and Bumble!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by hautecoco3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't speak to the thickening effects of this spray as my hair is pretty thick to begin with, but I do have to say that I love this product as a hairspray. I spray this product on after curling my hair, and I absolutely LOVE the hold that it gives, without weighing down my hair, or making it feel stiff and crunchy. I also find that it is one of the few hair spray products that actually lasts and holds the curl all day and into the next.

I definitely would repurchase and would recommend this spray above L'Oreal's Elnett spray that seems to get rave reviews and offers no hold, at least for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second bottle of this. The first bottle I purchased several years ago, and I suppose I didn't follow the instructions very well because I never got it to work for me. But I picked it up on a whim during my last visit to Sephora, and I've used it every time I've styled my hair since, with excellent results. I spray it on my damp hair, let it mostly air dry, then I brush my bangs to the side and flip my head upside down and dry my hair. Once it's dry, I'll dry my bangs in one direction, and then another, until they lie where I want them to. This adds a lot of volume and texture to my very straight, very fine hair. Will definitely purchase another when I run out.