December 19, 2014 | 1572 users online

Gels/Soaps - Tom's of Maine - Natural Moisturizing Body Wash - Unscented

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So long, HG bodywash. I sadly just found out from Tom's that they had discontinued this product due to "lack of customer support." =(

DESCRIPTION: It is a yellow, very runny liquid with pretty much no smell. It comes in a flip top, squeeze bottle, plastic container. Note: this does contain glycerin so if you're sensitive to it, avoid this product.

PROS: It is dye-free, fragrance-free, and it is super gentle. I have eczema and certain parts of my skin are extremely sensitive. So sensitive that I can't use Dove's bodywash for sensitive skin or even Cetaphil's body wash because both burn. This product is amazing and just gently cleanses my skin without irritating it or excessively drying it out in any way. I still need to apply lotion after my shower, but if I use any other product, my skin becomes even more dry and irritated.

CONS: I hate the packaging. Because the product is so runny, the bottle always ends up dispensing way more on your hands than you need. A pump would have been a vast improvement.

VERDICT: I have bought several bottles of this, and would have continued doing so had it not been discontinued.

PRICE: 6 USD for 11.15 fl oz, or 330 mL.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Soap of Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Coco Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Sucrose Cocoate, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Potassium Phytate, Cymbopogon Schoeanthus (Lemongrass) Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by pixieflwr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tom's Unscented Moisturizing Body Wash will get you clean using all natural ingredients. It doesn't moisturize your skin, but doesn't dry it out either. It lathers very well. It is packaged in a clear plastic bottle with the body wash coming out of the bottom, which is convenient. I like how the label explains the origin of each ingredient and the purpose it serves in the body wash. Other than being made of natural ingredients this product isn't anything special, but to those of us who care about using natural products this is a nice find. I bought this at WalMart.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by 4paws

I found myself in the body washes aisle at Target, reading all the ingredients. The Dove body washes--the ones that are supposed to be moisturizing and/or anti-aging--are basically harsh chemicals trussed up with pink dye and perfumes. And even the more natural washes contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate---which is what makes lather and is, basically, a toxic chemical. There are lots of products that don't contain SLS, but they're mostly at the Health Food store. I was really pleased to find this at Target, and to see that all the ingredients are natural and none would strip your skin. I have been using it for about a month, it works fine (not too drying, but not moisturizing either). It doesn't let you skip the lotion after your shower, but you could practically ingest it and be ok (but please don't).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rosemont85

It's fantastic, it lathers up and cleans real well without stripping away your body's natural oils so your skin is really left soft and hydrated. I highly recommend it especially if you tend to take warm to hot showers or are prone to conditions such as eczema. I found it at my local Vitamin Shoppe store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I love the Tom's of Maine moisturizing bar soaps, so I thought I'd give this a try. Overall, I'm very pleased. It truly is unscented, so I can wear whatever lotion or perfume I want without worrying about clashing scents. It has a nice lather that rinses clean. I wouldn't say that it adds any moisture to my skin, but it definitely doesn't dry it out, so it still gets 5 lippies. It's pretty expensive for a body wash, but it's a good-sized bottle, and I'm willing to pay a little more for a product that's all-natural and hasn't been tested on animals.