Jordana InColor Pretty Shine Luxury Gloss - Lovely

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/12/2011 12:45:00 PM

I bought this product b/c it was repeatedly recommended by a youtube guru. I was so excited that when I did buy it, I put it on in the parking lot of my local store. Initially I was overwhelmed and slightly disappointed b/c it appeared so glittery and dark. I'm fair and it was a shock of shine and color that I didn't anticipate. However, by the time I had run my other errands and arrived home, the color had worn down a bit and it was stunning! I love it and I'm excited to have it in my collection. I'll definitely repurchase and will probably also pick up the Jordana InColor Pretty Shine Luxury Gloss in "Cute."

on 6/30/2011 11:43:00 PM

Never used this product before because it was just so damn cheap I figured it was garbage. I recently read a nice review on these glosses, though, and thought for $2 I couldn't go wrong since I give anything I don't like to my daugher. So this color, Lovely, is a very nice pinkish/rosy bronze color that is perfect for summer. I wanted a bronzy look, but most of the time they are just too brown or frosty for my taste and pale lips. This is about as perfect as I'm going to get, I think. I was also very surprised at the texture. I figured it was going to be like thin Vaseline but it's not! It gives my lips a sort of "cushy" feel and does last pretty well for a gloss. It does have what I would describe as micro-glitter or a pearly finish, but it goes well with a beachy, casual look in my opinion. I plan to check out other colors now for this price!

not sure if they sell this anymore but this lipgloss is pretty decent although i prefer wet n wild if im getting a cheaper brand. I dont really like the smell of this lipgloss but the color is nice and does show up on your lips. it also has a shimmer to it.

on 8/18/2010 2:40:00 PM

As the other reviewers have stated, this is a rose with sparkle, however I don't find the sparkles gritty. The texture is smooth and creamy and there's a good amount of pigment for a cheap gloss. I took off one lippie because I find that the color in the tube doesn't look the same on my lightly pigmented lips. On me, it comes out almost a silvery light pink. However, at $1.99 this is a nice gloss and I would like to try different colors. I bought mine at Duane Reade in NYC.

on 6/1/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great MLBB lip gloss. It's a beigey-rose color with gold shimmer to it and it livens up my lips rather than really adding color. I have very pale lips, and this makes them show up on my face without really making them stand out, and the shimmer adds depth without being over-the-top. It's a great daytime neutral look for summer. There is plenty of pigment, and the color goes on fairly opaque.

I did take one lippie off because I find that the texture, while being basically smooth and non-sticky, has a bit of grittiness from the shimmers. Nothing I can't live with, but noticeable. However, for $1.99, this is a great find, and I'm loving the Jordana line!

on 5/28/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Love this gloss!! Jordana describes the color as a Berry Gold with Gold Sparkles. That's pretty accurate. On my pigmented lips it's slightly more polished than MLBB. Slightly brighter. Lovely is a great name for this color. It's very feminine and pretty. The texture is very nice. Slightly sticky but not too much. smooth too. Similar to the Revlon Superlustrous texture, which I love. Price is fantastic. $1.99 at Walgreen's. And the packaging is really pretty too. An nice glass like tube, not translucent plastic, clear plastic, with a bushed silver cap, and a doe foot applicator. It has a grape type smell when you first open the tube and put it on, but there's no taste and the smell dissipates. I also read on the Jordana website that these glosses contain Jojoba Oil, which would explain why they make your lips soft, and do not dry them out. This was the first of these glosses I bought, and I was so impressed I went back and bought 6 more. A complete drugstore find and winner. Way to go Jordana!!

EDIT: I couldn't get past the taste and stopped using these, otherwise lovely, if you can get past that smell.

on 2/25/2010 10:55:00 PM

Hooray! I've found a replacement for the famous Wet & Wild Brandyberry, which I don't buy any more as it's now made in China. Besides, you get more with Jordana's. The shades look just a tiny bit different in the tube but when I applied both on my lips, I couldn't tell the difference. It even has that strawberry candy scent from the old W&W. Now I have a new favorite cheap thrill... and the next time I feel like treating myself to a new l/g, I'll be trying some of the other shades.

P.S. You can now order directly from Jordana online!

on 6/20/2009 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this based on the good reviews since i already realy like jordana lipglosses. they are really lovely, a few are absolute hg's for me and have been for yrs; the go to when i am in a hurry and need something fool proof that i know will be flattering, and not need fussing with. this is a really pretty rose with shimmer, but its not over the top in any way, as there are no glittery particles. it really just lights up the face, and gets compliments. for the price you cannot go wrong. the jordana lip glosses i see in the dollar store are different (packaging, etc), than the jordana i buy at places like walgreens. this was purchased in walgreens. just wanted to give a head's up to anyone who might be looking for it! what i really like is that for yrs and yrs i have always used two shades on my lips, applying a somewhat lighter shade in the mid lower lip for highlight. this might actually save me that 2nd step as the shimmer really picks up the light on your lower lip! this is a great put on and go, or apply on the go, no need to fuss with lip liners and brushes.

edited to add that although this is beautiful, and cheap, (nyx has a dupe for more), the color is too cool for me i've realized. i love the line though in general

on 5/26/2009 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

so very pretty & cheap!
i was going to buy Wet N Wilds new speed gloss which runs for like around $4 but then i passed by the Jordana stand & saw this color which is very similar, just a tad warmer than the WnW.
it was also half the price & doesn't have the annoying minty scent/flavor that the WnW has, its more of of a fruity candy scent.
i think im going to try the other colors =D

Edit: i just got in my TF Caspian luster liner & this is very close in color & shine! the jordana gloss is a tad warmer than the caspian. the caspian has more plum in it then this. So if your lemming badly for the TF liner but dont have the money or cant find it to buy, then this is a nice alternative!

on 2/1/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What a gorgeous color. Rose, with shimmer, sparkle, staying power, smells like grape briefly, and no taste to speak of. As much of a liquid lipstick (even though it's sheer, but with plenty of pigment if you want it) as a gloss. Incredible bargain at Walgreen's.