Antica Farmacista Casablanca Le Parfum

4.1

on 7/9/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

On me this opens with a huge bouquet of Lily's that still have the pollen pods attached. Very realistic and heady. I don't get a lot of the clove, but a lily is quite spicy so it may just meld with the natural essence of the flower at this point. As it morphs into the heart notes the lily stays true, but softens and allows the vanilla to come forward; it is still all about the lily, but the vanilla adds a softness that rounds it out a bit. The final dry down is the same as the heart for me, only a bit softer.

The summer the heat really makes it bloom on my skin, while cool weather keeps it a bit more restrained, but still voluptuous as a lily should be. For me the lily is a very femme flower with a seductive fragrance, nothing funeral like imho, and this house has captured that essence perfectly. This is not a sillage monster after the initial spray, it really becomes a much closer wearing scent as it dries down.

on 10/12/2012 1:28:00 PM

Antica Farmacista's Casablanca Lily catches those big, yard lilies (NOT muguet, or lily of the valley) exactly. There's the green lily base, with an indefinable spice, and a touch of smoke. Per notes, apparently the spice is clove, but my nose isn't catching it as clove, just the spicy edge in lilies. There's also vanilla, or something pulling out a sweet vanillic feel (amber?) but since the flower has that as well, it all fits.

I found the sillage a bit LARGE, and I've had a faded bottle and a spray decant that went rancid, so if you get a sample or decant, use it fast! Per product descriptions, AF uses larger than usual quantities of perfume, and they also use organics, which might explain some of the short shelf life. There's also no putrid lily drydown - a non-rancid bottle will stay true, and spiral out into smoky, lily-scented heaven.

on 5/10/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The clove was supposed to be the backup singer for the lily...but the lily was too passive and let the clove steal the show...the clove note dominated the floral notes...its spiciness was overbearing...Lys Mediterranee is a more ethereal lily...Casablanca seems more masculine and dense...it would be interesting on a man.

on 1/9/2010 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Very pretty floral. Bright, no clove at the beginning. I appreciated it when it softened a bit - a little too strong otherwise. Over time the clove showed itself and spiced up the fragrance. Took about an hour for that to happen. Fair amount of ylang ylang too. I like it fine but not something I'd buy for myself though I'd wear if a gift. It does make me want to try other fragrances in their line.

on 5/20/2008 8:34:00 PM

Prettyyyyyyyy. I've never been much into heavy floral scents, but this is just my style. Very wearable, very breathable. The clove note, IMO, adds to the wonderful character that IS this fragrance. A slightly spicy, very warm lily. I absolutely am going to purchase a bottle after sampling it via LusciousCargo. (Also want to try their Vanille, Bourbon and Mandarin.) At any rate, this Casablanca Le Parfum does not seem to last very long on me, however, and I'm not sure if it's because I don't have the spray and have just sampled a bit from the vial here and there on my wrists? Don't know, don't care....will buy anyway. A definite keeper.

on 12/11/2007 5:59:00 PM

After falling in love with Frederic Malle's Lys Mediterannee and believing it to be the premier lily scent available but oh so out of my price range, I was utterly enthused to find this one! The lily in this is just as sweet and lush and pure as in the FM, but it is actually even better in my book, because of the inclusion of clove. The clove is by no means overbearing, but lends the lily more depth than Malle's dewy fresh sweetness.
the bottle is also very beautiful and classic, and I prefer it to the design of the Frederic Malle bottles.

on 10/22/2007 10:00:00 AM

A very pretty lily scent -- the lily is pure, bright, and spicy. As it dries down it becomes a little rounder and creamier, with just a touch of sweetness. It reminds me a little of CdG Carnation (the previous reviewer also mentioned a similarity to carnation scents), because of the cloves used to give the florals a fresh spiciness. I received this in a swap, and I really like it but I doubt I'd ever buy a bottle if/when mine runs out. It smells like putting your nose right into a flower, and I rarely reach for that kind of scent. If you're a fan of pure floral scents, though, this is well worth checking out!

on 8/7/2007 12:15:00 PM

This is just beautiful. A spicy, sophisticated scent that should appeal for people who wear Orientals as well as floral lovers. It's a deep, spicy, just slightly sweet lily scent. To me, it's reminiscent of carnation scents, like Malmaison or Etro's new Dianthus. A wonderful scent!

After falling in love with Un Lys, I thought that no other lily fragrance really warrants a five from me. I thought I'd never need another lily scent. Never say never. This is gorgeous. A very sweet lily mixed with ylang ylang and the tiniest hint of spice. It is without a doubt full bottle worthy, coming in second only to Serge. And I imagine I would...prefer this over that one at times. I can't believe I said that. Thatís something I never thought Iíd say in regards to Un Lys. Casablanca is a relief after testing a couple of lily fragrances that were a bit disappointing--Penhaligonís Lily and Spice and Yosh Stargazer, to be exact. Now excuse me while I go console my darling Un Lys--still my favorite, but no longer standing alone in the Lily spotlight.

A fragrance for white flower lovers who like a whisper of fragrance--for those who detest the loud florals. This is perfect for those looking for a scent that stays close to the skin. People who despise white florals that are heady, but are still looking for the perfect creamy white floral that won't be headache inducing should try this. The opening smells somewhat artificial and plasticky. While the dry down of Casablanca is much better than the opening, Casablanca's dry down retains a faint note that smells too much of detergent to me. I like this, but I don't love it. I love Un Lys and would choose it over Casablanca any day. This stays very close to the skin.

Popular Fragrances