Bond No.9 Scent Of Peace

3.7

on 3/9/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a scent that smells similar to Light Blue, yet is a bit softer and less citrusy, than this is a great fragrance for you. At first, this smells very crisp and grapefruit, however once an hour goes by it settles into a very soft, elegant and fresh scent that is so pretty! I really didn't like this initially as all the Bond No.9 Fragrances take a long time to set into the skin and work with your chemistry, but once they set in, they all last all day and smell luxurious and expensive. Love love love this! You must with all of the scents with this brand apply them on your skin and walk around the mall and after about an hour, you will know whether or not you like it. Do not let the sales ladies just spray the scents on the cards and sell these to you. You must try them on your skin as they all change and settle in so differently.

on 1/17/2015 7:45:00 PM

In my opinion this is a very overrated perfume that is extremely overpriced. I have the purse spray, and would never spend $250 on the bottle. The scent is by no means offensive, but it isn't that original or special either.

on 4/9/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The inspiration for this female woody floral fragrance came after New York attack on September 11 of 2001. Its main idea is that the peace of each city, even New York, comes out of worldwide peace. 2 dollars from each sold bottle in 2006 was donated to UNICEF.

I love, love this fragrance!

on 5/7/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Here are the notes, per Fragrantica.com:

"the creator of the perfume, placed spicy, green and fresh grapefruit and blueberry at the top of the composition, the heart opening with fresh and gentle green nuances of lily of the valley. Juicy and ripe notes of the base consist of musk and cedar."

A coworker smelled this on me and said, "I like it! Spicy!" -- which surprised me, because I don't think of it as spicy at all. It's complex -- sort of aquatic, fruity, floral, and woody all at the same time -- rich, full-bodied, & complex -- and rather zingy & zesty.

The Scent of Peace is not particularly soft or languid or "peaceful" to me -- I'd call it outgoing, fresh, uplifting, and joyful. If oversprayed, it can be strong -- must use a light hand. Yet it's so beautiful & delicious, I never worry about people not liking the scent. It's a winner, a crowd-pleaser, and I always wear it with confidence. The bottle is *gorgeous*!

I wanted to love this soooo badly! The grapefruit scent is initially lovely, but the dry down is exactly like Tide!!! Sorry, not spending $$$$ for laundry detergent. :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Very pretty scent. It's fresh and very easily worn. A good weekend or vacation scent for me. Somewhat similar to D&G Light Blue (which I also own) in the beginning but dries down to something more expensive and well constructed. Doesn't last as long as the other Bonds I have but it's versatile enough to layer with longer lasting scents. Think of it as Light Blue with less citrus and more subdued, calming notes.

on 5/22/2012 3:10:00 PM

A checkout girl blurted out, "You smell GREAT!" the other day when I was wearing this. I am extremely picky when it comes to perfume, so much so that in my whole life, there are only a few bottles I have bought. This is one of them. It has a grapefruit note, but I don't smell any grapefruit. I don't know exactly how to describe it except to say that it smells clean, like other reviewers have said. It may not last that well on skin, but I always spray perfume on my clothes so the scent stays around all day. To me, it does not smell like Light Blue. I've never smelled anything like this perfume. It is perfectly unique and not offensive at all.

This was my first Bond fragrance and my favorite. I get a bottle every year from my mother-in-law - these year she got me the SOP gift set with candle, perfume, body lotion and purse size spray. I get compliments on this one all the time and it lasts all day on me. The pretty bottle is a plus. I highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a more grownup yet playful scent.

on 11/24/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

This is a longer lasting Citron de Vigne. It's a fresh, clean, crisp beautiful scent, citrusy and sweet, with no cloying or sugary notes. I have Citron but it only lasts a few hours on me. Scent of Peace lasts much longer, but there is no significant different between the two scents. Do I spend buku bucks to wear grapefruit scent for 8 hours, or about 160 dollars less to wear it for 2 hours? I think I'll spend 160 dollars less and spritz more often.

on 6/25/2011 9:50:00 AM

Beautiful fragance!!!! classy, fresh, perfect for summer. The only disadvantage is the high price (160.00 $ for the small bottle).

Popular Fragrances