September 19, 2014 | 1843 users online

Fragrances - Bond No.9 - Scent Of Peace

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Ladyofgrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The inspiration for this female woody floral fragrance came after New York attack on September 11 of 2001. Its main idea is that the peace of each city, even New York, comes out of worldwide peace. 2 dollars from each sold bottle in 2006 was donated to UNICEF.

I love, love this fragrance!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Here are the notes, per Fragrantica.com:

"the creator of the perfume, placed spicy, green and fresh grapefruit and blueberry at the top of the composition, the heart opening with fresh and gentle green nuances of lily of the valley. Juicy and ripe notes of the base consist of musk and cedar."

A coworker smelled this on me and said, "I like it! Spicy!" -- which surprised me, because I don't think of it as spicy at all. It's complex -- sort of aquatic, fruity, floral, and woody all at the same time -- rich, full-bodied, & complex -- and rather zingy & zesty.

The Scent of Peace is not particularly soft or languid or "peaceful" to me -- I'd call it outgoing, fresh, uplifting, and joyful. If oversprayed, it can be strong -- must use a light hand. Yet it's so beautiful & delicious, I never worry about people not liking the scent. It's a winner, a crowd-pleaser, and I always wear it with confidence. The bottle is *gorgeous*!

ADDENDUM 1/16/14: I just tested Versace Bright Crystal yesterday (which contains top note of yuzu) and it really reminded me of A Scent of Peace.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tightsweatergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this soooo badly! The grapefruit scent is initially lovely, but the dry down is exactly like Tide!!! Sorry, not spending $$$$ for laundry detergent. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty scent. It's fresh and very easily worn. A good weekend or vacation scent for me. Somewhat similar to D&G Light Blue (which I also own) in the beginning but dries down to something more expensive and well constructed. Doesn't last as long as the other Bonds I have but it's versatile enough to layer with longer lasting scents. Think of it as Light Blue with less citrus and more subdued, calming notes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A checkout girl blurted out, "You smell GREAT!" the other day when I was wearing this. I am extremely picky when it comes to perfume, so much so that in my whole life, there are only a few bottles I have bought. This is one of them. It has a grapefruit note, but I don't smell any grapefruit. I don't know exactly how to describe it except to say that it smells clean, like other reviewers have said. It may not last that well on skin, but I always spray perfume on my clothes so the scent stays around all day. To me, it does not smell like Light Blue. I've never smelled anything like this perfume. It is perfectly unique and not offensive at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by crayolaforeyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first Bond fragrance and my favorite. I get a bottle every year from my mother-in-law - these year she got me the SOP gift set with candle, perfume, body lotion and purse size spray. I get compliments on this one all the time and it lasts all day on me. The pretty bottle is a plus. I highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a more grownup yet playful scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a longer lasting Citron de Vigne. It's a fresh, clean, crisp beautiful scent, citrusy and sweet, with no cloying or sugary notes. I have Citron but it only lasts a few hours on me. Scent of Peace lasts much longer, but there is no significant different between the two scents. Do I spend buku bucks to wear grapefruit scent for 8 hours, or about 160 dollars less to wear it for 2 hours? I think I'll spend 160 dollars less and spritz more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by WANKISS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful fragance!!!! classy, fresh, perfect for summer. The only disadvantage is the high price (160.00 $ for the small bottle).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this perfume for over 2 years now and I still get compliments on it. The scent is so soft, relaxing, and lovely. All you need is one spritz on your wrist or neck, it will give you a full day or aromatherapy. Simply perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lamartin2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, soft sexy scent. Very unique. Definitely has some unisex aspects to it but nothing too overpowering. Truly a peaceful and delicious fragrance!!