September 23, 2014 | 1831 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Cheek 2 Cheek duo in Cancun Dune

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

I bought this awhile back because the price was right, but have almost used every last crumb...so I guess I can say it works for me! I am fair to medium (use a self-tanner almost daily on my face though) and I love the pink side on my cheeks and a small dusting of the bronze over top. I also use the bronze side almost daily in the crease of my eyelids! One of my all time favorites...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

First off, the packaging on this product is just blah. So I will give that part a thumbs down and move on to what's inside that counts. And what's inside is actually pretty darn awesome. I loved the shimmery peach blush in this duo and use it all over my cheekbones, temples and on my eyelids to perk up my face. The bronzer is a bit too shimmery for my tastes (I prefer the matte bronzer offered in the NYC "Jamaica Me Crazy" duo but still okay with a light dusting). Overall, this is a great product for adding a sweet summer glow. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sxy_blond

i just bought this, came home, tried it and went right back to but another. love it, and even more for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by foka777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is 50% off at longs this week, and all the jamaica me crazy ones are gone, so I bought this one. However, I found it really nice! the color seems light in the pan but it actually shows up pretty well on my face. I am a LLL. it's kinda light peachy, with gold subtle shimmer, seems like orgasm, but I am not so sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2006 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Sumita

Gorgeous colours that looked as though they'd be perfect for summer, but the quality was terrible. It hardly picked up on my brush, not much pigment, and when I tried to layer it on it clung to a few patches of my cheeks and did not blend at all. WnW has much better quality for cheap bronzers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 3:27:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon

I liked the colors and all and it was a great duo that killed many lemmings for me (pout, sugar, etc) but I couldn't get myself to like it. Too shimmery and the colors were unoriginal. Not soft enough for my chanel kabuki to pick up. I threw it out

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2006 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Blinkers345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok..so who knew $3 could get you so far at the drugstore? Seriously! This is a steal. Very similar to higher end bronzer/blush duos out there. Cancun Dune is the lighter of the two. It consists of a sheer shimmery pink-peach with gold shimmer and a light golden bronzer with not much shimmer. I've never tried the NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo, but this is what I imagine it to be like. The texture isnt the softest thing I've ever used, but its nice none the less.

I use a dense brush to apply this, my Sephora Bronzer brush or a Kabuki. I like to dust the bronzer on my temples and sunspots. Even though I'm darker, I like to use all the lighter shades of bronzer, beacause I fear looking "dirty" or "orange". This prevents both from happening :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by anaromero

The first reviewer described the product well, so I'll just say I just love this blush/bronzer duo. The quality of the product is superb. I recently received Nars Torrid blush, and I have to say that the peachy pink color in the NYC Cancun Dune duo is so much nicer; it has a beautiful sheen and no big glitter sparkles like Torrid does. The glittery sparkles in some bronzers and blushes can be a turnoff, especially when I'm going for a neutral or serious work look. Back to NYC Cancun Dune, I do agree the packaging could be more travel-friendly, but the price and quality make up for that. For $2.99 this is a wonderful bargain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very pleasantly surprised with this! Part of the summer '06 collection and one of two blus/bronzer duos. Cancun Dune has a gorgeous golden tan bronzer on one side (with shimmer) and a golden pinky peach shimmer blush on the other side. They're sheer but buildable and both colours are winners! The bronzer has no ashy or red tones. It's more on the light side as far as bronzers go and there are no ashy or red tones at all. The blush is actually rather similar to L'Oreal's Front Page Peach though but it's a little lighter and more gold, a little less pink. These are so cheap as they are ($2.99) but being on sale I got it for $1.79!
Packaging is cheap but nicely compact. Like Rimmel's bronzers, the clear lid just pushes on and doesn't screw on, but it seems fairly stable... though I did notice there's a hole in the bottom of the pan with the words "push pin in hole to remove refill" so you could actually buy both duos and switch them (or put them into another compact if you wish). That's pretty thoughtful for a cheap brand, I must say.

I definitely see myself getting some decent use from this. I used it this morning and I'm quite happy with it! Now I'm thinking I should have got the other duo too...