October 20, 2014 | 1116 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Jane - nearly foundation SPF 30

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by jlcoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't always afford to replace my favorite TM by Smashbox, so I opted for this the last time I was at my local Meijer. It is super cheap and good for the price. You can't expect an amazing amount of coverage from a $4 product people, so I don't know why all of the reviews are so surprised by that. I don't use a tinted moisturizer alone-- I use it as sort of a primer before my foundation, so I don't particularly freak out if my TM isn't extremely thick. A TM isn't meant to be thick, it's supposed to be light and tinted in my opinion. I really like this product. My only complaint is that the stuff is way too light. I'm an NC30 and I had to get the darkest one, but it works fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

The only good things about this product were the price (very cheap) and the packaging. (I dig tubes.) Other than that, it sucked. It turned me orange. It also clogged my pores after one day of use. Hated it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by juliamustlovemusic

I purchased this tinted moisturizer about a month ago because I was going camping in the hot sun and wanted something light for my face. This was definitely not a good purchase because I tried it out as soon as I got it and it looked super cakey and orange on my face. It was horrible and I returned it as soon as I got the chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by hensonma7

i am in love with this product. it gives me the coverage of a foundation without the heavy look that foundation is prone to giving. with a dab of concealer and a little powder it has a wonderful staying power. the only problem is that i have extremely fair skin and the lightest shade only works on me when i am at my summer skin color.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by heytherenicolex

I tried this in Fair, since I've been wanting to break into tinted moisturizers lately. The color worked for me just fine, although I find that tinted moisturizers probably aren't for me as I need a bit more coverage. As soon as I put it on, I noticed a burning sensation, which lasted throughout the day. If you have fairly sensitive skin, you should stay away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So sad to see a low repurchase rate. I really love this TM. I chose the shade "Fair/Clair" and it's SPF 30, oil free. At first I thought the shade may be a tad too yellow, but when you blend it in (over moisturizer, in my case) I found the color was perfectly blended in, with no traces of product. It provided even smooth soft coverage for me. Also it AMAZINGLY concealed my uneven skin tone (lots of freckles, sun damage) without having to wear loads of concealer. I'm not saying it concealed everything. But overall, unless you were specifically looking, you couldn't see any blemishes. It is so smooth, moisturized and light I used it all over like a moisturizer. I'm definitely buying this again next time I visit Walgreen's, which is not close to me.

ETA: Good news! My closest Walgreen's has this in stock and I just bought my next tube :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I first bought this a few years back at Rite Aid for summer. I loved it during that time just never repurchased. The other day I was at Rite Aid and I wanted to switch up my summer routine so I picked this up. I don't understand why it has such bad reviews. It works wonderfully at coloring discoloration. I didn't turn orange on me and I found a shade easily that matches my skin tone. I got medium and I'm an NC40 in MAC for reference. I love the smell of SPF so it doesn't even bother me it actually makes me want the product more. I'll definitely keep repurchasing for summer. I definitely recommend this to everyone the only thing is I think it might be hard to find. Jane is only sold in select stores and only around here it is found at one store.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by AuntieL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in "fair". Way too orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by rhondajoy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will buy this product again. I am almost out and can't let this happen! I have used more expensive products and did not like them as much as I like this one. It glides on smoothly and looks great. Feels good knowing I have a strong sunscreen on as well. No odd scents like some sunscreens. Awesome product. Rhondajoy-age 56

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Fair, I'm an NC25 for reference. This works totally different in the summer than it does in the winter.
SUMMER: Too moisturizing. Made me a grease slick in 2 hours. I wore over regular sunscreen that has more stabilized SPF protection, and smashbox primer. The color of this was too orange and a shade too dark. Maybe the other sunscreen or primer caused it to turn color and darker? Looked great the first hour then it went south after that.
WINTER: Great moisture! Wear over regular sunscreen but no primer. Primer in the winter dries me out. Also the color is now a shade too light, but close enough with powder, even tho I have no tan. Strange. Anyway...Great in the winter sucks in the summer. Almost done with the tube but will not be repurchasing. Oh the package is ugly but useful and doesn't really have a scent.