Jason Natural Cosmetics Natural NaPCA Hand and Body Lotion

Not tested on animals

on 4/17/2007 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pros: fragrance free, inexpensive, great quality, great packaging

Cons: an odd scent when first applied

This is the only lotion I have ever bought more than once, and the only one I've bought as gifts for friends. It's fragrance-free for those of us who react to scented products (although not unscented, there is this weird funky kind of plastic-y smell but it doesn't make me or anyone else react).

It absorbs almost immediately. I have oily skin but still need moisturizer, and this one doesn't give me bacne. Conventional creams make me break out on my arms and shoulder and chest. This doesn't.

Also, the packaging lasts really well with no cracks or leaks, and you can get almost everything out of it!

on 4/17/2006 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This lotion comes in a blue, 8 oz, stand-up tube and claims to be non-greasy and instantly hydrating. I would have to agree w/ both of those claims. While this isn't the richest lotion and would not be suitable for dry skin, it works quite well for my normal skin, though it feels the tiniest bit tight during the worst of the winter. The lotion itself is a bit on the thin side, but that makes it easier to apply. It absorbs pretty much on contact and leaves my skin feeling soft, never greasy or sticky. As for what NaPCA is, the label says that it is a "nonessential amino acid, synthesized from Glutamic Acid." Whatever. I have no idea what that means, but I basically bought this over the other Jason lotions b/c it absorbed so quickly. Anyway, my one complaint is the smell, which is most likely supposed to be unscented. What it smells like to me are new diapers. Does this make sense to anyone? I mean that it smells like a folded diaper that you just pull from the package, weirdly plastic and oddly baby powder-like, but neither in a positive way. It lingers a little on the skin, too. I would not repurchase (mostly b/c there are so many lotions out there to try), but I'd recommend it. Aside from the whole diaper thing, of course. continued >>

Popular Lotions / Creams