La Roche Posay Toleriane-Corrective Fluid Foundation

4.1

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE PENTYLENE GLYCOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE MAY ALSO CONTAIN: CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77499 CI 77492 CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Recommended by my dermatologist as suitable for people with acne-prone skin ... and I'm delighted to say it is!

The colour range is not the best but used with a little blusher this can be remedied.

I've tried a number of others foundations but I keep on coming back to this one. The price is alright and the tube means it's easy to access and feels clean to use,

Sticking with it until I find something better ...

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I bought this in a moment of desperation when I needed something that would provide coverage without further irritating my acne-prone skin. By that metric, this foundation is a success: my skin doesn't react negatively to it, and it does certainly cover things up. Plus, it's got SPF, which is always welcome. And it's not at all expensive in France, where I live.

The downside of this foundation is that, while it provides coverage, it doesn't exactly look amazing. Going on, it has an oily sheen, leaving my already-oily skin looking shiny from the get-go. (And that's even if my skin is not looking oily at the moment. After putting it this on, shine is guaranteed.) Not powdering on top is not an option with this foundation. It's also pretty thick, and doesn't look natural at all; it's immediately obvious that I'm wearing makeup, and I have to work to make sure my face doesn't end up looking like I've got a mask on.

It doesn't help that there are very few colours to choose from and mine isn't the greatest match--but, to be fair, I'm not going to judge a pharmacy brand very harshly for not offering a colour selection on the scale of high-end makeup companies.

So it's a nice product if you're looking for a very basic foundation that does no harm. If you're looking for cosmetic perfection, though, this might not be the best bet.

No me gusta para nada, mi piel es super grasosa con tendencia al acné y esta base es muy pesada y se siente grasosa la cara, no encontré para mi color de piel, la más clara es muy obscura, no la compraría de nuevo, lo use tres veces y regale el producto

all my life i`ve been searching for the right foundation.I tried more than 20-25 different foundations and I always had to mix them because my skin has a bit of yellow, but is really light, and in my country most of the people have pink or darker undertones. I had nodules and cysts the last 6months (before that I never had problems with my skin and I am 20years old, except that its too dry).. So i tried the avene and vichy foundations, but they were too heavy and dry, maybe if u have oily skin they are better, but on my skin they look terrible........I tried the sticks too, but they suck, as I said my skin is dry and they look really cakey on it. So 2 montha ago I decided to try that foundation and I didnt expected nothing special but..... It`s amazing!!!!! Any make up stays at least 6hours on my really dry skin, but this one gets better and better with the hours lol..My skin is a bit lifeless haha without sebum , its dull, but after 3-4hours my skin looks amazing.. I used it while I had cysts and it didnt brake me out, I continue using it and now I use a hydrating ,brightening and smoothing primer,then I apply a bit of that magic,after that I use a combination of sephora's really light creamy concealer and the studio finish concealer of mac in dark shade on my blue and red spots, then I use a very little bit of powder to blend it all and its amazing....stays more than 10hours, looks better and better and I feel really comfortable with it.. I recommend it!!!!!!!! if you have dry skin without blackheads, sebum and now u have cysts because of stupid doctors, its the best choice.It covers, but doesnt look like a mask ( like vichy`s and aven` do) and doesnt dry more the skin

I really like this foundation! But you have to be very gentle with your fingers when you apply this. The only negative is that I have to mix two colours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

(This is a first impression review, I have only had my new foundation for 3 days, but will update along the way! )

I have NC/NW 15 skin during winter. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation all over my face, along with extremely acneprone skin (I've been on Accutane 3 times).

I was looking for something with more coverage then my old favorite Vichy Normateint for oily skin... I can't use foundations all over my face cause they usually always have broken me out, but I use them to conceal certain areas, like around the mouth, on spots, on the nose and around it. The Vichy foundation is good but really light coverage. Still a trusted brand for us who really suffer with skin problems.... La Roche posay is also a trusted pharmacy brand.

Here are my pros and cons (will update):

Pros:

- high coverage!
- evens out enlarged pores and hides acne, hyperpigmentations etc.
- reliable brand for sensitive skin
- spf 25
- available at bigger pharmacys
- overcoming price

Cons:

- the shade 10 Ivory is just a little too dark for me. It's darker and more pink than the Vichy ivory, that is more white-yellow. Cause I have a lot of redness I hope that it still will cover it....

- I've realized that I can stand cyclopentasiloxane, but Dimethicone usually breaks me out, so I hope this won't cause me breakouts.

This thing made me break out after only 3 days of usage! And break out heavily! I can't imagine what this contains having in mind it is meant for intolerant skin, but it broke me out and has clogged my pores so much that even after I stopped using it, painful cystic pimples keep appearing! I would definitely urge you to take a sample before buying, because it's not worth it in my opinion.
Otherwise, it seems to be rather long lasting, but it is a bit heavy and tends to sit on the skin and not really sink in fully. The coverage and overall appearance are good, but I can imagine it going "an oily mess" on oily/combination oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used this foundation for nearly two years and have loved it but have recently decided to change as I think over time the needs of my skin have changed. It does have really good cover and you don't need to rush to blend it but sometimes it can be a bit streaky if you have had the product a while. Mine usually lasted 5 months which was great and the packaging is really handy. It lasts well throughout the day but I found that after a few hours (or straight away in heat) that I'd get oily patches. I'ts also great for sensitive skin and I'd but it again but it's time for a change!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation broke me out like crazy, to the point where I had to stop using it about halfway down the tube. It felt heavy on my skin and came off on my clothes. It has a nice finish, and stays well throughout the day, but nothing is worth the kind of breakouts this caused.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I first tried this foundation I was looking for something to cover my severe acne and red scars. I was desperate, nothing that I already had could cover that mess so I decided to give this a try (although was a little expensive for me). I noticed that it made my face look cakey, my pores very visible and the make up started to run after few hours. So I decided to use it just as a concealer. But few months after I tried again with a primer and then put some powder over. It looked amazing. As a primer I used a very little amount of cream (for oily skin), then I applied a very very little amount of foundation and settled it with powder. Wow!!! So that was what worked for me. I was used with those foundations that sink deep into the skin so I used way too much product, on a rather dry skin (as it was freshly washed with harsh cleanser for acne prone skin) and this made my face look horrible. Now I use Pro Activ lotion as a primer or even 2 drops of jojoba oil. They both work amazing with this foundation.

I like the tube, very hygienic and allows you to dose it well. I use no.2 shade and it suits me very well (plus some blush so I don't look pail as this foundation covers everything).

A little goes a long way. I don't use it everyday (sometimes I have good skin days and I afford wearing a lighter foundation).

Will definitely buy again as it is the best foundation for my oily acne pron skin that doesn't cause pimples or cysts. If it didn't work for you, give it a try with my method: clean face-small amount of primer/moisturizer-SMALL amount of foundation- setting powder. Good Luck! :)