L.A. Looks Styling Gel

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water; Glycerin; Propylene Glycol; VP/VA Copolymer; PVP; Carbomer; Hydroxypropylcellulose; Polyquaternium-7; Fragrance; PEG-90M; Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin; Oleth-20; Aminomethyl Propanol; PEG-75 Lanolin; Potassium Sorbate; Methylparaben; Diazolidinyl Urea; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone; Benzophenone-4.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

holds hair up but takes forever to wash off and will rip your hair out

on 5/1/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this gel. I used to have really long, frizzy curly hair but after donating it all to locks of love I was left with a frizzy pixie cut. I never used hair gels before until now. My hair was so frizzy and damaged looking that my mom made me wash my hair in the sink and after she used a hair dryer to dry it halfway she used my brother in laws hair gel and slicked it with this gel as well. After my hair was all the way dry she used some hairspray and once that dried she brushed my hair. Oh my god my short frizzy pixie went from uncontrollable to smooth and sleek! No frizz whatsoever! I bought this stuff immediately as it was only $1, and using this gel the way my mom did without the second gel it gives me the same results. I love this stuff!

on 2/20/2015 1:13:00 PM

Like many other reviewers, I use the blue "Sports" variety, after reading reviews on here and spotting this in a big queeze tube @ dollar tree for just $1 (obviously). I have naturally wavy, dry/damaged/frizzy hair, and most mousses leave it still frizzy and most gels don't hold. I usually just straighten it, but on days I want to get ready quickly, I like to scrunch it and let it air dry wavy. This really holds well and eliminates frizz. Sometimes I use too much and have too much of a "wet look", and I just scrunch out the crunch and I'm good to go! The only thing this doesn't do is add volume, but that's ok, it's still a great gel! I can't believe how inexpensive this is!

on 3/6/2014 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this gel for YEARS! I have naturally curly, frizzy, annoying hair. I've tried every hair gel that exists and then tried it all a second time paired with a second product that is just for the frizziness. I continue coming back to this. I put this in my hair while my hair is wet. My hair is just below my shoulders and thick. I use a golf ball sized amount, bend so that my head and hair are upside down, and then cover may hair root to tip front and back. I wrap my hair in a towel and go about the rest of my "getting ready" routine. Once I'm ready to go, I unwrap my hair, straighten my part and go. While my hair is drying, it does not look as though my curls are going to dry and be perfect, but they do every single time! No frizz. ..perfect curls...and lasts all day! The really cool thing about this product is that you can choose how "crunchy" or soft you want your hair. Once it has all dried, sometimes I discover that I used a bit too much and have some "crunchy" curls....All I have to do is work that piece of hair as if I was "crunching" it and it softens the gel. The curls last all day and even survive the night for a second day of excellent curl and shine. It's the biggest size bottle and still the cheapest. And on really good days, I can find it at the local dollar tree for a dollar!! This product is worth it's weight I gold....and I can sometimes find it for a dollar. Awesome!

on 12/14/2012 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I read the reviews on here after deciding it was time to give my hair a break from daily flat ironing. My hair was breaking, dry and dead on the ends... yeah. It needed to stop. So I began looking for a good gel, and I stumbled on this as a highly rated gel. I was hesitant to buy this, even though it's super cheap, because it said nothing about curls or scrunching (btw I got the sports gel, the blue one). I went out and bought it anyway and wow. I get COMPLIMENTS on my natural hair-- more than I ever did when I was straightening my hair. Not only does it make my hair look great and calms down the frizziness, it's alcohol free so I can just rinse my hair and it goes away (second day hair- yes please!).My friend uses the polish perfect one I believe and she loves it too. And the price- wow. $3 for a bottle that'll last forever. I love this stuff. If you are looking for a good gel to scrunch your hair to perfection, give this one a shot. For the price you can't go wrong.

on 12/14/2011 4:29:00 PM

I highly recommend the new LA Looks Polish Perfect gel (purple). Ive been researching and trying products for years for my naturally curly hair to no avail. Go figure the cheapest, impulse buy turns out to be the absolute best styling product I have ever used. It leaves my hair totally frizz free and shiny, and with soft clumped curls. Definitely Holy Grail!

on 10/20/2011 3:12:00 AM

I tried the yellow gel and didn't like it. Way too thick and the smell was horrible. I love that it doesn't have silicones and I know many other curly hair girls love it, but it just wasn't for me. I was going to try to mix it with other products to see if I could get it to work but I just got rid of it because of the smell.

on 9/23/2011 2:15:00 PM

i have naturally curly hair and I bought this because it is "curly girl" method approved. I bought this, took my hair down, wet my hair a little, worked in some gel, and was planning on putting it back up into a bun.. but my hair looked so good I had to wear it down !! love this, sad i havent tried it before..

on 4/17/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best gel I have ever tried , even better then high end products. It gave my straight hair pretty waves when I scrunched it and holds a sleek ponytail, even in hot weather. The only thing that sucks for me is ,having bought it while visisting family in the states, now that I am back in canada I cannot find it anywhere not even walmart !
So if your American and can find this take advantage, its cheap and amazing for all hair types .

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got mine for oer a year and its more than half full..

it looks great once i put it on but after an hour or so, it doesn't work anymore. my hair went back to straight, the gel became to be a layer on my hair...not sticky but its just there..which it bothers me:(