September 16, 2014 | 1883 users online

Loose Powders - Almay - Nearly Naked

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by featherbriefcase

Great setting powder. Inexpensive. Lots of powder. But limited Shade range. The medium light is perfect for my NC40 skin tone. Sets foundation. Doesn't settle in fine lines. Adds some color but not too much. Does not look chalky or shift the color of foundation. I wish more loose powders had a mechanism similar to bare minerals so that loose powders like this could me transported with ease without spillage. But for the price, its a great powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to the drugstore looking for L'oreal Translucide, but they didn't have it in my shade, so I bought this instead. It was one of those happy accidents, because I love this powder! In the past, I've used some higher end powders that I loved, including Fusion Beauty loose powder, and Laura Mercier Invisible Setting Powder. I can honestly say that this powder holds its own against much more expensive products! It is silky, lightweight and it just melts right into skin. I have dry skin, but I hate the feeling of sticky foundation, so I love the way this powder sets makeup without looking powdery or dull. I am peach-toned NC20 and I bought this powder in Light 100. My only complaint would be that the Light shade leans *slightly* cool. Yellow toned ladies might like the slight pink tone, however, as it could have a balancing/ brightening effect. Cool toned ladies will probably love this. The pink isn't really noticeable enough for it to be a mismatch for me. This is an otherwise perfect powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I decided to pick this product up after searching for a setting powder that doesn't contain parabens and paraffins. Unfortunately, this product does contain Talc. The packaging is really bulky so this can only be used as a setting powder. For blotting, I use another powder... Overall, this product is pretty decent. Keeps my oily skin at bay for about 4-5 hours. I would definitely recommend this for people looking for a cheap setting powder with a limited amount of harsh chemicals. I won't be repurchasing anytime soon because it contains 28.9g of product. This will probably last for years.... And even if I did run out, I would probably find an alternative without Talc in it..

Pros:
Decent setting powder
Decent oil control (4-5 hours hold up)
A lot of product for $10 (28.9g)

Cons:
Messy, can only be used as a setting powder due to bulky packaging
Contains Talc

Overall:
I would recommend this to people searching for a cheap and decent setting powder that can be found at almost any drugstore!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by jcwjewell

I've been using this loose powder for several years and I LOVE it!! I wear it over a liquid foundation and it goes on and blends so nicely. It covers shine, feels lightweight, and does not look cakey or clumpy at all. I have tried several dept. store loose powders and they don't compare at all. It's my absolute fav!! I wear the Light 100 shade. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Cheeseandrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome powder! It works great for oil control, skin evening and it's light and natural looking. I always get compliments when I use it. Plus it's very affordable. However I haven't been able to find it in stores anywhere, I think they discontinued it which is a major bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by MacGirl06

Love this product! It gives a nice pretty finish to my foundation and suits my sensitive skin very well! It made my super dry cheeks very soft and smooth. The only reason I gave it a 4 not a 5 is that it made my forehead area oily. I have combination skin so it's generally difficult to find a powder that suits my super dry cheeks and oily forehead well. But in the end I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this the past few days & I'm on the fence about it. I love the finish I have when I set my foundation with it but I'm noticing I've been getting even more oily since using it. I also noticed that by the end of the day I'm about 3 shades darker than I was when I first applied it. It doesn't break me out thankfully. This really has its pro's and con's. I think I'm just gonna use it when I only need to wear makeup for a short period of time so I don't look oily & oxidized.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Pumpkin4382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this because I have been on a hunt for a good loose powder, based on the reviews I went for this, after trying the NYC that covered nothing! Well, it does make the the skin look pretty nice, but it made my dry, sensitive skin super oily! I looked so shiny after about an hour! Ultimately I am not a fan, on the hunt again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use Loreal True Match in 3N and Almay tone 200 is a perfect shade for the pressed powder I have in true match. I even put some on top of it and it was unreal how well the two of them matched in color. That being said, it does darken slightly my foundation and concealer just like the Loreal does. So I think I'm going to exchange it for tone 100. I purchased it to set the concealer I bought and it darkened it. Argg. It does a good job on the face. Not too matte but does take away shine. I already have a powder thats pretty much the same as this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sgspark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Color (I use light) is nice and neutral, and product has a beautiful texture and feels nice on the skin. It also has no offensive fragrance. Unfortunately, it emphasizes fine lines, doesn’t hold up to oil well, and starts looking ragged after a few hours of wear. I think this would be a fine product for young skin, but at 40, I need something that doesn’t make my skin look crepey and older.