April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Bb Shine

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ivana89

Terrible, absolutely terrible product. Makes the hair look and feel sticky/greasy. Has the power to ruin your day so by all means avoid purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands-down the worst product I've ever put in my hair. And of all the product reviews I've done, this is probably the only one that I've truly detested. Usually I like it or am indifferent, but this is awful for my long, fine, wavy hair. I held the bottle a good 10 inches away and sprayed just the tiniest bit on. Just that little bit of product added a lot of shine. But it also made my clean hair look like I hadn't washed it in 3 days. It was super oily looking. And even worse, it gave it a horrible texture. It's hard to describe, but it's like the cotton ball that you use to remove your nail polish -- you have the cotton plus the remover plus the old polish on it -- that's what my hair felt like. I had to wash my hair in the sink even though I was dressed and made up for work. I hope I can get my money back because I will never use this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wanted to like this, but it leaves my short, fine hair horribly greasy. Another B&B product that promises a lot, costs a fortune, and delivers little!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

I almost didn't buy this because of all the bad reviews here. In fact when I got it home I was very much afraid I'd made a mistake by buying it. But I needed a shine spray because I've been using Bumble Dryspun to finish my blowouts, and though it is a wonder product for giving me the big volume I love, it tends to be a bit drying and cause flyaways. Bb Shine accomplishes exactly what I need in a shine product. It's veritably weightless, so I don't have to worry about it weighing down my voluminous blowouts. It provides a lovely shine that is glossy, not greasy looking. This stuff is very concentrated. I think that's a good thing; at $26(USD) for a 4.2 oz. bottle it had better be concentrated! The first time I used it I applied way too much. Since I figured out the right amount to apply, it hasn't been a problem. And to this product's credit, even when I over-applied, it didn't look anywhere near as greasy as other shine products I've used would. Besides adding shine, this also does a good job of smoothing my frizz and flyaways/baby hairs. Lots of people have complained about the smell of this product. When I first smelled it I didn't care for it much. But now that I'm used to it I don't mind it at all. Maybe open up the tester in the store and smell it before buying if you're sensitive to scents. Keep in mind though it does fade away pretty fast

I was pretty skeptical when I first started using this product because of the negative reviews here. But it has totally won me over. I can't understand the bad reviews.

UPDATE 2/17/14:
Still love this product! It's become a staple, a necessity. I use it after I blow dry my hair and it stays shiny till I wash it again. This gives such a beautiful weightless shine that I actually fooled myself into thinking my hair was just getting much healthier. Then I did my hair without using it and it was back to its usual dull, frizzy self.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by canadayl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really wanted to like this product but it made my hair greasy and even a little stiff once it dried in. Also smells a little harsh. Compares poorly against the most basic shine sprays. Not impressed for the money - won't be a return customer to this brand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Of all my B+b products this is my must have, worth its weight in gold product. It really makes my hair look shiny and sleek. I get lots of compliments on my hair after I use this. My hair is so porous and coarse that it just drinks this stuff up! I spray it all over then lightly run my hands over my hair to smooth it down and then if it looks too flat i just use my hand to lift up pieces till it looks nicely layered. One time I sprayed on too much and my hair looked greasy so I had to use some hair powder to fix that. But no problems now since I know the amount to use for my hair. Not so crazy about the smell but luckily it doesnt linger.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this because i found it at the salon for 60% off. I honestly can't see a difference between using this and not using anything.not only does it make your hair look greasy, not shiny, but it also makes your hair stink. glad i didn't pay full price for this. would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by cece1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great stuff! I didn't much care for it just spraying on my hair, but I read somewhere to instead spray in your hands and scrunch into hair....leaves hair sooo shiny and healthy looking. Also gets rid of baby fine flyaway hairs by hairline.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by products101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only B&B product I'm not crazy about. Product wise, it is mediocre, but the worst thing is the smell. I know they redid the formula, but it really isn't better, and my clients have complained about the smell. You know it's bad if a client goes out of their way to tell you how bad a product smells lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by LucyHayes

I brought this product much on an impulse buy. The beautiful packaging, plus the promise of what it does... I had to buy it. I tried it after washing my hair and blow-drying it, and I really liked it. Not so shimmery was my hair, but it was silky and shiny, and i was really impressed. The trick is to spray it from really far away, that way the product does not go straight on your hair and make it greasy. But, I have also tried on hair the day after shampooing, and it has left my hair feeling and looking horribly greasy. I have normal hair, and this product worked fine, so I dont think its just thick hair that can get away with it, anyone can, just use sparingly