October 24, 2014 | 1511 users online

Cleansers - Patricia Wexler MD Dermatology - Acnostat Daily Acne Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first, this product did reduce my acne. After a few days, though, I started to notice that my skin was extremely dry. I applied extra moisturizer at night and in the morning, but nothing seemed to help! Also, my acne came back even worse than before, and my skin went downhill from there - huge flaky dry patches, enlarged pores, excessive oil, really uneven skin tone, and tightness. I stopped using the wash, and about a week later my skin was back to normal. This is absolutely the worst face wash I have ever used!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. I was plagued with it as a teen and still deal with it in my 30's. I had used ProActiv for 12 years and it really stopped working for me. I came on here to do some research on what to try next and decided on this line. I have been using the whole system for a week and I really like how my skin feels. The cleanser has very fine microbeads, reminds me of a softer MK Microdermabrasion. My skin is softer and looks better. I have lots of dark scars from my years of suffering with acne. It is not stopping new pimples from forming though. I get cystic acne and feel some forming. I also have been battling one for a few weeks now and it has done nothing for it. I am hoping this will change b/c I really do like how this feels. If it works, it will be great and I would repurchase, if not it's back to the drawing board.
***** I have to add an edit here. I have noticed that this is discoloring my chin! I seem to overwork that area b/c that is a big break out spot for me. I just noticed today that my chin is darker!! This is going back ASAP!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Hleighs

LOVE THIS!!!! I read all the reviews before finally giving this a try. I have tried everything for my oily acne-prone skin, and this has by far been the best. I will occasionaly still get a pimple, but it clears up right away using the entire line. The overall queality of my skin is sooooo much better. I highly recomend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser does have a nice gentle exfoliant in it. I found it did a good job of cleansing my face and leaving my skin soft and smooth. It has a strange smell to it. And I did not like the packaging. Having to twist off the tube is very annoying and the cap itself is a little clunky. The price is moderate. I found when I used this cleanser that I had to be especially careful around my eyes - this one stings really bad. I did notice a difference in my skin for a little while, but then nothing. I don't think I would try it again unless given to me as a gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by motherof3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use all the Wexler acne products to great effect. I use this cleanser in the mornings when I don't need to wash around my eyes because it _will_ sting if it's in my eyes. If I had to choose between this and the exfoliating acne cleanser, I would choose the other one. I probably won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by darkrain22

For the daul action cleanser..
I read SO much about this stuff- as well as the whole wexler line. I'm a review MANIAC and so i picked myself up some of this stuff pronto. After having the scrub and night time repairing stuff I thought that the basic cleanser was needed (I can't use an exfoliator like THAT 2-3 times a day..)

But- I used this stuff diligently every day for probably the last 4 weeks. My forehead has been REALLY bad as far as acne goes- and i usually don't really have the term "acne" , just a few here and there. I think it was the fact that this stuff is mainly cleansing with siclic acid, which obviously turns out to be a NO GO for me.

I'm sure this stuff could be used to rid your face of brown dirt and caked on MUD and stuff- but for every other reason I'm just not going to continue using it. What's up Wexler? Can't you compete with simple drugstore brands?? Your overpriced products are hardly competitive!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lilredccc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser brought my skin back to life after years of Proactiv abuse. Long story short, Proactiv worked for a while, but then my skin started freaking out - it was oily on the surface, but very dry and damaged underneath, red and inflamed, and I was getting huge cystic pimples that wouldn't heal. I (obviously) stopped using Proactiv and started hunting for a gentle face wash that would keep my blemishes in check, but wouldn't dry out my skin. I read an article in Vogue about new products (including Patricia Wexler's line) that addressed both anti-acne and anti-aging concerns and was sold. I picked up the anti-acne starter kit and the cleanser is the only one to stand the test of time. My complexion is even and smooth, with only the occasional hormonal flare-up, and it also made my first wrinkle disappear (*squeals in delight*)! I like the cleanser's texture - thick, creamy with smooth microbeads - but the smell is rather medicinal. My only complaint is that it doesn't do much for cleaning and shrinking my pores, so I have to use a separate exfoliating scrub.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by greenkiwi

I bought this product as part of the Acnostat Kit. I never had severe acne until after I had my second son. My skin seems to have gone haywire. I heard good things about this line and rushed to get it.

I dont know what it was in the kit, but I had a severe allergic reaction to these products. To the point where I had to visit the emergency room with slight swelling of my lips and tongue and severe hives on my face. My skin hasn't been the same since. This all occured with in 24 hours of using the product

My husband was so upset at the product he returned it while i was in the ER, so i didn't get a chance to write down the ingredients to figure out what te culprit was. But I will not be buying and products from this line ever again!! This is just my personal experience, but please patch test!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by EDMdawn

This is the only cleanser that has actually helped CLEAR my COMPLEXION which was so important to me. I had blotchy skin before with acne but it's actually ONE color! My skin isn't red around my nose like my other drug store cleansers have done. The only way I can really combat zits is with her benzol peroxide treatment...that stuff is great!! My pores looks smaller and my skin looks healthier. Only thing I don't like is the Oil-Free SPF lotion...it made my face feel greasy. And I think the glyco-peel pads are something I can live without too. Anyways, this is definitely a good cleanser to use alone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by julyfourthbaby

Didn't do anything for me, just a cleanser...