October 25, 2014 | 899 users online

Cleansers - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Red Elements Gentle Gel Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by stellarfungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me: 24, sensitive combination skin.

The product: $8 for 7.5 ounces. It's a slick red gel, with no added fragrance and no harsh detergents. It foams very well.

My experience: Color me shocked! The last foaming cleanser I used an entire bottle of was Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser...5 whole years ago. I have tried several foaming cleansers since then and hated all of them. They're normally too drying or have SLS/SLES, neither of which I can use regularly on my face (both irritate me and give me red bumps.) I tried this one because the ingredients list seemed so benign and innocuous, and to my great surprise...this is the best foaming cleanser I've ever used. It does not leave my face feeling stripped (although obviously my face does feel less moisturized than when I use my typical cream or oil cleansers), it does not irritate my skin or cause flushing, it's cheap and it actually does cleanse well. When I apply this with dry hands to a dry face, I can take off most sunscreens. It's also great as a second cleanser following an oil cleanser, to remove any residual oil. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this cleanser as a part of Jason Red Elements travel set. "Gentle" it's not - I experienced immediate tingling and burning when washing my face with it. Nothing too major, but enough for my skin to feel unpleasant. It also leaves my face slightly too dry after rinsing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by devochka

THE BEST CLEANSER ON EARTH!!!!!!!!! I tried tons and tons for my troubled skin, and this is the only one that does not aggravate it and even heals my breakouts (makes them less noticable, anyway) Also I notice that it tightens my skin, making it more strong and youthfil.This is the only cleanser that I feel is working while I wash my face. It gives me this astringent feeling probably due to red tea in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by moptop

LOVE this cleanser. It's the only cleanser that doesn't aggravate my rosacea.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by duffimac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. In the summer when I'm oily in the Tzone it cleanses without stripping. I am now using it on occasion, and I still like it. No sticky feel, cleanses off easily with water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Jason skincare definitely hit the "productive" mark on this cleanser. It really works well in cleansing the facial area and the biggest PLUS for me...it takes off all my eye makeup, including mascara without irritating and/or burning the area, WOO HOO!!! I have very fair skin, sensitive and use Retin-A prescribed through my dermatologist and this is one of the very, very few cleansers that I can use without the "OUCH!" effect. And as I mentioned above it takes off eye make up very well without the irritation factor. Shouldn't every cleanser offer that in it's product??? I think so! I would certainly recommend this product and will purchase again. Overall: A really good find in cleansers! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by bethainy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did not work out for my skin at all. I used it with the Collective Wellbeing Weightless Daycream (see my review on that) and I don't think my skin has ever been this bad. It seems to be working for my younger sister though, weird!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by AEC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used Creamy Soap from Kanebo for ages and I have been very happy with it, but I wanted to try something natural and SLS-free. I didn't have any high hopes because I like my face wash to make lots of lather. This cleanser really is amazing! I only need a tiny amount, it lathers quite much, and while it cleanses effectively it's very gentle so I can even use it on my eyes. I will definately repurchase if I can get ahold of it, I can't buy it in Sweden but I'm hoping I can ebay it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2007 1:00:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked certain things about this cleanser so much, but it just didn't work for me. It was really gentle, didn't give me blackheads, and didn't give me weird little red bumps like almost everything else does. It made my skin feel normal (not greasy or sensitive like it usually does), BUT it gave me big pimples around my chin. I think this would be a really great cleanser for someone who doesn't break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love that this product is organic and full of good stuff. Oddly enough, however, it has caused my very mildly sensitive skin to break out. I've stopped using the cleanser and the problem went away. Too bad.