July 23, 2014 | 2198 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Garnier - Nutritionist Regenerating Eye cream

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

awful formula. it made my eyes sting and look worse, i was better off without any eye cream than this one. packaging is great though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by antisheep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I hit 21 and thought that it might be time to give my eyes a little bit extra hydration. Knowing that I didn't need anything specifically anti-ageing I figured there was no harm going cheap-ish with Garnier rather than department store like the rest of my skincare at that stage.

Unfortunately this product does nothing. Well no, that's a lie, on a couple of memorable occasions when my eyes were particularly dry it stung a lot. So it was chucked into the draw of forgotten cosmetics and I took to dabbing a second layer of moisturiser around my eyes instead.

Last week I had a facial where the beautician commented that my eyes were very dehydrated, which I had noticed myself. Trying to save myself a bit of cash I pulled this out and remembered how horrible it was!

The moral of the story? This time I'm chucking it in the bin rather than a forgotten cosmetics drawer so I don't make the mistake a third time... Hopefully you don't have to make it even once.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't expect miracles from an eye cream, I don't believe in the things they claim to do. However, I believe in the importance of hydrating the skin without the stickiness and the irritation, especially around your eyes, and this didn't work at all. On me, hydration was minimum, in fact, it seems like it just instantly left the area dry, I could feel it around my eyes the entire day. I only used it for a couple of weeks. I will not buy this again ever, it was not worth the money at all. I can highly recommend the eye cream from "100% Pure" which has no harsh chemicals and leaves the skin moistured, smooth and glowy without being greasy, it has received very positive reviews here on makeupalley (but the packaging is not the best).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by jadeylou15

Oh my. I bought this when I was staying at my boyfriends and forgot my eye cream and Garnier was 50% off at Boots, this didn't seem too bad. At first I was pleased with how easily it was absorbed, but now, 2 months later, I have seen no improvement in my dark undereye circles and although I appreciate that they are genetic and can't be greatly improved, my undereye area doesn't even feel moisturised despite using this twice daily! Rubbish! At least I didn't spend much on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by dappledlight

UGH. WHY I did not read the reviews, or at least, be mildly skeptical as one should always be when faced with wild claims from products I DO NOT KNOW. But I completely agree with the majority of reviews on here...the thing I found most irritating is that the clear liquidy formula is hard to get out once you hit the half way mark (yes, I did try to give it a proper go, in vain hopes that it would do SOMETHING). But more than that, once it does come out (you have to tip it to let the liquid flow to the metal ball contraption) it goes everywhere! Takes quite a while to sink in too...and if there's not enough product, the metal ball and the casing around it actually snags on my skin-the delicate skin around the eyes! ICK. Bottom line: DO NOT BUY, it's completely not worth it. Sure, it looks promising and ingenius with the fandangled metal ball (which I am giving one lipstick for, because it does feel nice, IF IT HAS THE PRODUCT HELPING IT GLIDE, NOT PINCH) but really, apart from that, USELESS and irritating.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bah. How silly I was to buy this without reading the reviews. I didn't expect it to get rid of my undereye circles - genetic, have had them all my life - but I didn't expect it to make them WORSE! It pills horribly, it has a weird glittery sheen to it, and it irritated my eyes. And hooray, the hollows under my eyes are worse since using it. I'd used half the tube, hoping in vain it was something else causing them to worsen, but as soon as I stopped using this product they went back to how they were before (i.e. not as bad).
Am using the rest of the tube on my dry elbows, and it seems to work ok on them, so if you've been dumb like me and bought this rubbish and still have some left - chuck it on your elbows. I'm going to sink in the cash to buy Trilogy eye cream. Should have bought it after the excellent results with the sample I had, but silly me, bought this tube of horror instead.
To end it on a positive note: it comes in a nice tube. There ya go.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by stemi27

This is not impressive at all. It doesn't actually do anything really at all.. at least it was cheapish.
Does anyone know a cheap one that does work! I just want a decent eye cream, not a miracle worker.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by danai

Well I'm one of the people who don't get undereye bags and circles, but are born with them instead, and like most, I have already accepted the fact that they'll be there no matter how I handle my schedule and diet. So I don't expect a cream to remove them. What I do expect is that a cream moisturises the area and soothes it a bit, so that 1. things don't get worse as I age, 2. the area looks the best possible considering my genetics, 3. undereye concealer goes on smoother. I'd be happy with this cream if it did these three things to a reasonable extent.
However it does not. To be honest, I had checked the reviews before bying and had a clear idea of how this performs on most. However I came across it at a bargain price and I thought I might as well try it, hoping I could be the minority here. Well I'll sadly just more or less repeat what everyone else has said.
First of all, this doesn't really moisturise, at least not noticeably. The first time I tried it it did feel refreshing. It must have been the pleasure of trying something new, because I stopped feeling that after a couple of days. Now my eyes just feel as if I hadn't moisturised at all.
Second, it doesn't really make eye area look any different after using, except for one thing: it adds thin glitter to my bags. I found it almost unbelievable when I read people complaining about it, but to my - unjustifiable - surprise it does just this. Make eye bags glittery. Whoever came up with the idea either thinks that consumers are stupid, or are plain stupid themselves.
Third and most annoying, this cream does not help my concealer. It sabotages it instead. It makes concealer harder to blend and look cakey and very dry after it sets. That is what pretty much convinced me to give this cream up already.
Only good thing is, the cream is easily absorbed and very attractively and hygienically packed, if that even matters.
This is a shame because I really want to like any eye cream I spend money on, plus I've already also tried the new Garnier Essentials eye cream (which by the way is very different form this in every aspect) with very satisfactory results. I guess this one was a miss.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by loveshack529

I like how this comes in a tube. It's more convenient and sanitary than in a jar. HOWEVER, this didn't do anything for me. I'm not expecting a miracle job for puffy eyes and dark circles, just something that moisturizes and sinks in nicely. I've tried the Garnier Lift (red packaging) and it works really well compared to this crap. Good thing I didn't spend too much on it since I got it at a LÓreal warehouse sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by michalehr

I made the mistake of buying this depite the terrible reviews, since I was looking for an inexpensive eyecream containing caffeine. It actually made a pretty good impression at first, as lightly moisturising and prehaps slightly reducing puffiness. However, after using it for a while I began noticing that the color in my undereye are was strangely reddish, and with closer examination I could see tiny, burst, red capilleries. BIG no-no.