October 24, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lipstick - Black Opal - Creme Shine Lipstick in Sweet Mandarin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a burnt orange sheer lipstick. That is the best I can say about it. I was hoping it would be brighter, like the name suggests but it wasn't. It has no shimmer, and no personality, and worse, NO staying power. I wore it yesterday and went out for less than three hours to run some errands. I wore with a lip liner and everything! When I sat down to lunch, I looked at my face to see if I needed to blot, and saw my lips...BARE. As if I had never put anything on. VERY disappointing. Waste of $$. I bought it from one of thse BSS that marked it up, too, so I am doubly mad. I bought it on the strength of my experience with the same lippie in Candy Apple, which perfomrs markedly better. I will stick to Black Opal foundation and the oil-control powder, if anything from this line. The color products just don't perform well on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by deehippolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great warm red, I'm an NC 50and it makes my complexion pop! This is a keeper for sure

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sweet Mandarin is a sheer, burnt orange. No frost, no shimmer. Very pretty shade of orange. Creamy, smooth texture, with alot of shine. Another winner from Black Opal. Cost $6 at CVS. Will probably try some of the other Creme Shine L/S shades too. For reference, I'm DDD-AAB, NW45 or HIP#818. UPDATE: 8/11/07 Sweet Mandarin with MAC Apex 3D Glass on top is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 4:43:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I freakin' love this lipstick! It is not for everyone. Really. But it is most definitely for me. It's an warrrrrrm red. The kind that you could add a brown pencil to and have the perfect browned down lipstick. no other like it that i've seen and the texture is awesome. Not shiny, which i also feel is hard to find, and not matte either. This line is geared toward black women, obviously, and i think alot of black women should not automatically reach for the berry/pink based reds that are on the market, mostly for white women. I think many would do best to brown down/warm up their reds. There was a great article on that somewhere, i was so glad to see it in print, it drives me nuts. Anyway, if you have the same prob. i do, or just like warrrrrrm red lipsticks, definitely check this out. And the auctual lipstick shows through the bottom, so you can see the exact color before you buy it. this is prob. ltd ed., so true to form, i will probably get another as a back up. :)