Garnier The Refreshing Remover Towelettes Wipes for Normal and Combination Skin

3.6

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera/Grape Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mentha Piperita/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Methylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Saylsalicylate, Limonene, Linalool.

on 9/23/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use these cleansing cloths every day before I wash my face at night. They definitely remove my face makeup but my waterproof mascara (CoverGirl professional all-in-one) won't even budge after a serious buffing with these cloths. I like these because they're gentle, don't break me out, have natural ingredients and the vitamin E is a nice moisturizing agent. These aren't meant as a skin cleanser and by no means an eye makeup remover but will work well if you're simply looking for a foundation/primer/powder/blush/bronzer remover.

As for the cloth itself they're quite thin compared to the Neutrogena nakeup removing wipes, so at least the Garnier ones smell nicer. They come in a resealable package which works if you're not moving them around but I don't think I'd recommend travelling with these. Price wise, they're pretty expensive for what they do.They're 8-9 dollars where I buy them and I still have to buy eye makeup remover and cotton pads on top of that - and that's just makeup removal. Amyways, like I said - great for face makeup removal not at all for eye makeup.

on 2/17/2012 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These are okay - nothing special. The packaging really bothers me the most. The adhesive on the opening loses its stickyness quickly so you have to take other measures to make sure the package is properly sealed so the wipes do not dry out.

As for the product itself, it does remove makeup, including eye makeup, quickly and easily and has a nice, refreshing scent. I do feel like it leaves a bit of a film on my face after using them, though.

I've used better m/u remover wipes before so I won't be repurchasing these.

on 10/28/2011 12:49:00 AM

I went through a pack of those and overall, they're all right, but nothing special. They smell very nice, their size is perfect and they work decently for light make-up. I have sensitive eyes and those were not too harsh, but they were not enough to completely remove mascara and eyeliner (unless you like scrubbing your eyes for 30 minutes :D). They were also not as moist as I would've liked them to be and would easily lose their precious wetness due to the poor packaging. I usually stored them upside down, but I'm not sure it really helped.
For the price, they're worth a try. I won't re-purchase right away, but maybe again in the future.

on 12/21/2010 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first makeup remover cloths, and I'm sticking to them! Works A LOT better than soap and water, and faster too! And they're not harsh either! Would definately recommend!

on 1/27/2009 3:29:00 AM

These wipes are generally good, but after forgetting them when I went home for xmas, I picked up some of the ponds wipes which I liked much better. These wipes effectively remove make-up, eye make-up, and are great for when you are exhausted and don't want to wash your face (and just want to sleep). I usually leave them in my bedside table, making sure that I won't go to bed with my make-up on.
Like an other reviewer said, the package does stay together, after I got half way through the package, the adhesive stopped sticking.I just lay the package upside down so the weight of the cloths keep them from drying out, but I could understand how this would be annoying.
They are a good product, I just liked the ponds wipes better, I didn't have a residue-y feeling on face after I was done with them, and they ironically made me feel fresher than these cloths.

on 1/1/2009 10:42:00 PM

i really didnt like these wipes.

the packaging was okay until the sticky thing stop sticking to the packaging.

the wipes are fairly small compared to the neutrogena wipes. also, they arent as wet as i'd hope.

it removes my makeup OK, i always felt like i had to scrub to get the makeup off (and i dont wear a ton of makeup). it didnt burn my eyes or give it an uncomfortable feeling, but it took forever to get the mascara off. my face was always left with a sticky feeling and i felt like these wipes made me breakout.

on 12/30/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought these wipes because i am lazy sometimes at night and want to atleast get SOME of the makeup off.

Not very moist at all
they were dirt cheap ( got em on sale) so im not that upset about it but they seemed SUPER DRY...will not be buying again

on 7/11/2008 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 3 ($8/25 wipes)

Packaging: 2

Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------

I bought these because I wanted to have a lazy way out of washing my face at night and in the morning. I never go to bed without washing my face, but sometimes I really hate the whole process of washing off everything, and then putting on my acne treatment creams and all afterwards. These are pre-moistened, soft cloths that remove makeup and dirt and grime, and leave the skin feeling soft and smooth, without a sticky residue. I've been using them for about 1 week, and I haven't had any problems thus far-- in fact, my skin has improved!

The packaging is standard for pre-moistened wipes- they come in a plastic package with a sticker label. They only come 25/pack, but I use like 2-3 sheets per day, so they don't last very long, and they aren't cheap ($8), so minus 1 lippy for that. They are gentle enough to use around the eyes though, so that's good.

They aren't quite as wet as I would've liked-- I feel if you left them in a hot car, they'd get dried out. Don't get me wrong, I really like these, and they have a subtle, fresh fruity fragrance. There are so many different kinds of wipes out there though, so I would like to experiment with them before coming back to these.

on 5/13/2007 6:58:00 PM

I canít fault these wipes. They are very affordable, remove makeup, including almost all traces of heavy eye makeup, without irritating my sensitive eyes. They donít leave a greasy residue like I find many wipes do. Definitely some of the best wipes you can buy and at the price it doesnít matter if you use a lot of them. Great for travel. I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/26/2006 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love these cleansing cloths. They remove all my make-up including mascara and leave my skin feeling fresh, not covered in residue. They not as damp as baby wipes, but they do their job. The scent is wonderfully fresh and subtle. I bought these on sale at Shopper's for $7.49.