October 25, 2014 | 1861 users online

Treatments (Face) - Acne.org - Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by dermagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product changed my life. I was around forty when my life long easy going skin just went bananas.
(I had only had a tiny bout of acne in my late twenties from wearing a heavy foundation that I certainly didn't need, I never really was a foundation wearer...)
I'm digressing because I just COULD NOT figure out what was going on with my skin this time around. I was using a high end mineral powder!...ahem
I was using high end department store cleansers and treatments! ...ahem
I bought a clarisonic Mia!...(okay, that I still use)
Why oh why wouldn't my skin clear up??
I was desperate to find answers and was googling acne and kept coming to this site: acne.org..
Finally I clicked, and read...and read.. And remembered my 'too much makeup' breakout from my twenties....
How'd I stop it? I got a gentle cleanser and some benzoyl peroxide at the drugstore like a teenager, even though I was in my late twenties, and got clear.
Dans regimen?? The exact same concept...except his products are absolutely perfect!! His cleanser is phenomenal and this treatment is a miracle!
It is a gel consistency that you can apply even during the day and no one will notice! So to clear your acne you basically keep this on all day, wash gently at night at night and you can apply more heavily if desired... And voila!
I promise you will get clear.
The treatment is a 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide, that's all the strength you need. If you start out slowly using this you won't get too dry and red or peel the way you maybe would with a 5 percent product.
The cost is completely reasonable...just like drugstore prices and if you order the kit you get free shipping.
If you are a teen struggling with acne I urge to go to his site and read up and try his products.
If you are a woman who is starting to break out like a teen, I urge you to go to his site, read his advice, and give the products a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jplakhot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a very oily, acne-prone face. After trying everything in the world for acne, including birth control, accutane (2x), oral antibiotics, topicals, proactive, you name it...nothing seemed to have lasting effects. Until I did more research and overhauled my entire mentality on skincare. Less is more, and irritation is your enemy #1. Now, all I do is remove my make up, wash with cetaphil, apply this stuff (sometimes I skip it if my face tends to be a bit dryer), apply the AHA cream to cheeks to fade acne spots, and top it off with a gentle moisturizer after the treatments soak in. After a month of strictly following the routine and throwing out all my scrubs, abrasives, things with detergents, alcohol, or anything that dried my face...my face really is quite clear and very manageable! At first I used the clarisonic together with the routine, and while it kept my skin baby soft, I now feel that my skin is actually clearer when I don't use it, due to me removing another thing that would irritate my face otherwise. Not gonna lie, I still get the occasional cyst, and still blackheads in T-zone due to oil production (hence the 4 stars, not 5), but this product is so gentle that my face is no longer red or inflamed, and this is really the key to keeping acne down. It's been almost a year since the routine, and so far so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

I don't have enough good thing to say about this product.

So to start I've had moderate acne, some cystic pimples around my jaw line and MIlia ALL over my cheeks. Like everyone on here I've tried lots of different products.
I've switched foundations endless times, tried different cleansers and toners, even went on meds that effected my mood and didn't really make a difference so I went off them.

It's been almost two weeks since I've been using this product and my acne is pretty much gone. There are a couple pimples but I can see how the redness is gone in the morning and how smooth my foundation looks when I apply it! Best feeling.

If your going to be this remember to be gentle with you face while washing, one of the most important things and DON"T PICK. The redness didn't stop fading till I stopped picking.

I love this product and so thrilled it worked for me, hope it works for you too!

UPDATE - I broke out a bit during week three and increased my amount of BP which solved everything. MY SKIN IS CLEAR and I'm soooooo happy. My skin has dried a bit so I've recently ordered the joboba oil and hopefully it will help.

THIS PRODUCT IS A LIFE CHANGER.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by aaberridge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I started the regimen from Acne.org, like WAY back in the day, Dan was not making his own products yet. So the best thing I had available to use was Nutrogena On The Spot. This was expensive. I was sooo glad then Dan started offering his own products. This BP did not disappoint. The regimen was the only thing that kept my acne at bay before I was cured. The regimen calls for a large amount of BP to be applied and this made it easier for the BP to be absorbed. Well worth the money. Would still be using it if acne was still a problem for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ginab73

I was very excited about this product after seeing rave reviews about it but it unfortunately just didn't work for me.

I used the product for about 4 months and followed the instructions exactly. Because I have sensitive skin, I increased the amount of benzoyl peroxide "treatment" slower (recommended) than the average rate. The dry, flaky, red skin never improved and it caused the worst, longest breakout, especially on my cheeks. I am still dealing with a lot of scars and hyperpigmentation because of it.

I spoke to customer service after about 3 months and the representative told me to just continue and it'll get better. I regret continuing for as long as I did because as soon as I stopped my acne improved greatly. Like all products, this one is not for everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review of the entire regimen because it is sold this way, plus some specifics about each step.

I received this as a gift from my boyfriend out of the kindness of this blessed heart (translation: he was sick of listening to me complaining every day about my acne and having various episodes of depression over it). I have been using it for a couple of months now (with a period of time when I stopped to see if my skin would return to its original grossness). FYI, my skin did improve after a month of use. When I stopped, it got worse, and when I started using it again, it has improved within the week.

Before I used this product, I read all the information provided with the package, but I did not watch the instructional videos. All the instructions ring to the tone of "IF YOU DON'T DO THIS EXACTLY HOW WE TOLD YOU THEN YOU CAN'T BLAME IT ON THE PRODUCT". Okay. I can limit myself to washing my face only every 12 hours and bring gentle with my skin blah blah blah. But I'm not going to sit in the bathroom and rub treatment on my face for 3 whole minutes then wait for it to dry, then sit there and rub lotion on my face for another few minutes. Ain't nobody got time for that. So needless to say, I did my best to follow the suggested directions to the best of my ability and within the confines of making it to work on time every morning. Please also note that I have been using the clarisonic brush once a day with the acne.org cleanser. I was also clarisonic-ing my face in the shower with the Mineral Fusion Ultimate Moisture cleanser and Shiseido Perfect Whip foaming cleanser (I was washing my face 2-3 times a day rather than the every 12 hours recommended). I was also using make up wipes or DHC cleansing oil to remove make up prior to using the acne.org cleanser. The creators of this regimen apparently do not recommend using any makeup while on the regimen for best results, and my response was PFFT, I can't just show this face around with nothing on it. So yeah, I used a bunch of different BB creams during the day with my other make up while during the treatment.

Pros:
-By George, it worked. Pimple count down. Redness down. Skin looks great. This actually surprises me given how much I didn't adhere to the recommended directions. /shrug
-The BP treatment Easily absorbs into skin with a minute-ish of drying time and goes under makeup just fine.
-The cleanser is scent-less and works great without over-drying.

Cons:
-During the first few weeks of treatment my face was SUPER dry on my cheeks and neck. Weird, because I never put this NEAR my neck and somehow my skin was dry all across the front of my neck, extending almost past each ear. Had to use Burt Bee's intense hydration night cream day and night. As time progressed however, my skin seemed to adjust and I no longer have dry skin. I would definitely start small and have a really good moisturizing cream at the ready when you first start. Note: with my second initiation (after a period of not using this for a while then restarting), my skin did not get dry on my neck, only the skin around my mouth and a little on my cheeks. The lotion was NOT sufficient moisturizing for me during the first weeks of treatment. Currently however, the lotion seems to be fine and feels like an oil-free moisturizer type consistency after drying on the face.
-The lotion STINGS SO BAD, especially on broken skin and the eye area. I feel like my face is on FIRE. I've started to rub the lotion in my hands first to evenly coat my hands and then press them on my face without any rubbing, letting the burning and stinging occur and then subside, then lightly pat the rest of my face. I have no idea why it does this, but it sucks. Sometimes if my skin is not dry at all, I will skip the lotion entirely more so out of fear, haha. This could be the acne.org lotion's fault, or also the BP treatment's fault I suppose for making the skin more sensitive? The stinging only seems to occur at the lotion application step though. I think I will try a different moisturizer to see if the same thing happens.
-I think it's kind of expensive. I believe the whole kit was $40 some dollars. BUT the size of the everything is huge. It looks like it'll last at least a year or something.

Overall
The regimen works. Hail Mary. But I'm not head-over-heels ONLY because of the horrendous burning sensation of the lotion. I don't seem to have any issues with the lotion or the BP treatment though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by VerbanaLight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dan is one of my heroes. He saved me from my pizza face. Be ready to look like a freak of nature for the first month, but the flakes go away, I promise. I've been buying this in the big bottle for six years now. I slather it on per his instructions while I watch TV. It's actually relaxing, and my skin is reliably clear minus an occasional few spots. Why more dermatologists don't use his method, I'll never understand.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by starbright3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i used this stuff long time ago. not the best thing from what i remember. i been taking zinc and vitamin b5 cured it. I dont have acne anymore. Now i have beautiful skin or could be because im alot older now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

i love this stuff! It works great, of course starting out it made my skin very red and flaky, but that only lasted a few days. I never had acne growing up, I recently got it within the last six months. I tried everything that I could think of and this was my last attempt. After reading great reviews I decided to give it a try. It's very effective and it's a lot for the price you pay. Not a bad price either! I had a face full of acne and within two weeks, my acne is almost gone. I will continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using BP products in various strengths since I was in middle school (I'm 28 now). I've never had full-blown cystic acne, but I have gone through times where I'd have a lot of active breakouts. Going on the pill helped my skin quite a bit, but I still break out (mostly on my chin). My sister introduced me to acne.org back before he sold products, which inspired me to start using BP in a higher quantity than I was before, which I do think helped my skin. I wasn't following the regimen, just using a lot of BP (my go-to was Mary Kay's Acne Treatment Gel, which is 5%, but doesn't irritate my skin). I bought acne.org Treatment when I saw how inexpensive it is per ounce. It works, but it is not nearly as cosmetically elegant as Mary Kay's version (which I see has been reformulated, so I'm basing this on their older version). Whereas the MK BP feels silky smooth and almost moisturizing on skin and rubs in easily, acne.org BP feels gritty and wet, and seems to take longer to rub in. It also has a funky smell to it that isn't strong, but to me smells ever-so-faintly of gasoline. Nonetheless, given the amazing price, I went ahead and ordered more Treatment. I don't find that I need to use as much as Daniel recommends (plus I use Retin-A at night for antiaging), so this lasts me a long time.