Acne.org Treatment

4.4

Active Ingredient: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Also Contains: Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide

This product completely changed my life. I struggled with acne for 9 years, and couldn't find anything that could permanently clear my skin until this product. I used it as recommended on the website for 3 months--that was the amount of time it took me to become completely clear. I then slowly weaned myself off of the higher dose of BP, and began to only apply it to my skin as needed.

Below you'll find a video explaining how this product WORKED for me. If you're struggling with acne, give this a try. If you've already "tried everything" and think there's no hope for your skin, let this be the last thing you try.

on 8/18/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

"A squeeze the length of a finger" is more than I felt comfortable putting on my face. Especially given the gel texture. For a while I thought I could use less and still see clear skin. Nope! Using the full, suggested amount really does the trick.

Because of how much is required and the 5-10 minute dry time, I only enjoy using it at night. Still maintaining clear skin results and it's been over a year. Moderate acne is gone (though I also depend on oral meds, this step is really important.)

It's the most gentle and effective BP product I've ever used. Will always have it on hand.

on 8/8/2015 5:09:00 PM

This BP is really the powerhouse of my skincare routine. The few times I've strayed and tried to use "less harsh" or "more natural" products, my acne just became uncontrollable (even with Retinol). Last week I reinserted Dan's BP treatment back into rotation - using it at night only - and my skin has all but cleared up again. It shrinks, smoothes, clears all the pimples and bumps. There is nothing like it, at least for me. The 2.5% solution and the fact that it's a gel (water based) means this is super easy to use, and non-irritating. I use his AHA lotion over top of it and I wake up with glowing, clear skin. I have had acne for more than 25 years (only cleared during 2 pregnancies) and benzoyl peroxide is the only thing that has truly consistently worked for my skin. It isn't glamorous or luxurious skincare, but it works. And that is all that matters!

on 7/23/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just received my acne.org BP in the mail today. I've used BP on my skin since November of 2012. One thing I've learned is to keep my skin routine simple. When you use a chemical as harsh as BP, don't use moisturizers or cleansers that also have acne medicine in it. Too much of it will irritate your skin and make it look horrible. What I do is wash my face with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser- it's super sensitive on my skin (a cheaper item that does pretty much the same is Cetaphil for gentle skin) and lightly exfoliate with raw/untreated honey. Once my skin has dried I spray my face with 100% natural rosewater. Once that dries I use ONLY 2 pea size amounts of BP. When that dries after 3-5 minutes, I use Clinique Moisturizing + and a drop of jojoba oil. That keeps my skin so soft. I try keeping my products fairly natural (i.e. rosewater, honey, and jojoba oil). None of irritates me. When I first used BP, it made my skin unbelievably dry, it hurt to open my mouth. I'm not sure if I could've avoided that if my regimen was the same as it is now. But one thing that is so important is to only use 1 item geared towards acne...which is the BP. Your facewash should cater to your skin type and not your acne.

The regimine has saved my skin 3 times now over the past 5 years. (If only the teenage me would have stuck with it..)

I started using it again after I had a horrible breakout and I've been on it now for 2 months. I think the biggest thing about what makes this work is that you can tweak it to your skin's sensitivity and also add different things based on your needs. (Can I also just give a shoutout to Dan's jojoba oil for saving my flake face?)

The results are so quick and work so well, it's really worth it to give it a try.

A quick note though- I would recommend starting the BP once per day at night and then increasing to twice a day after a month if your skin can take it/needs it. It'll really help some of the sensitive acne sufferers out there.

on 2/12/2015 2:33:00 PM

This regimen works.... at first. I used the acne .org regimen years ago. I purchased the big bottle of bp and used in in conjuction with cetaphil cleanser and cetaphil lotion. My large pimples cleared in a week, that's how quickly I saw results. I even posted on their boards showing pictures of how great my skin looked. I was over the moon with the results.
However after about a month of using it my face became overly dry and I was mortified when I saw myself in a mirror at work. All underneath my neck and up my jawline was a horrible red rash.
I ran to the acne.org boards for advise and learned I should use less product even tho I was only using a very very small amount and to increase my moisturizer. I did what others suggested but it didn't help. At that point I even stopped using it everyday and switched to every other night and then once every third night but the rash only cleared when I stopped using it completely.
Once I got off this regimen I realised how dried up and old my face looked and I had only used it for less than two months. Once I started using more natural products my ph level of my skin finally balanced out. So yes this product does clear up acne but for me the rash and dry old looking skin are certainly not worth it.

on 1/26/2015 3:06:00 AM

Love it!! My skin looks and feels great!! I'm a big skeptic and always read reviews before I buy anything and after reading all the the positive reviews I decided to give acne.org a shot and I couldn't be happier! try it!!

This is the cheapest way to buy benzyl peroxide 2.5%, which has been shown over time to be the most effective acne treatment available. I use this daily on my chin and forehead (where I breakout) and it has significantly reduced the frequency and severity of my acne. I have an 8oz tube, it's lasted for two years and counting...

on 11/20/2014 6:46:00 PM

This product is a holy grail for me. I developed adult acne (totally unfair) in my mid 20's after severe/traumatic emergency surgery on my liver. I made all the necessary lifestyle adjustments to try to help my skin, which helped but didn't eliminate my acne. This product helps me 90%. I still breakout from bad food and hormones but this BP makes it more manageable. My skin adjusted super quickly, so i really don't dry out too much from it. The matching acne.org moisturizer is the perfect compliment to it. I've repurchased 5 times in 3 years. So long as I have acne I will never go without this product.

on 10/24/2014 12:11:00 AM

This product changed my life. I was around forty when my life long easy going skin just went bananas.
(I had only had a tiny bout of acne in my late twenties from wearing a heavy foundation that I certainly didn't need, I never really was a foundation wearer...)
I'm digressing because I just COULD NOT figure out what was going on with my skin this time around. I was using a high end mineral powder!...ahem
I was using high end department store cleansers and treatments! ...ahem
I bought a clarisonic Mia!...(okay, that I still use)
Why oh why wouldn't my skin clear up??
I was desperate to find answers and was googling acne and kept coming to this site: acne.org..
Finally I clicked, and read...and read.. And remembered my 'too much makeup' breakout from my twenties....
How'd I stop it? I got a gentle cleanser and some benzoyl peroxide at the drugstore like a teenager, even though I was in my late twenties, and got clear.
Dans regimen?? The exact same concept...except his products are absolutely perfect!! His cleanser is phenomenal and this treatment is a miracle!
It is a gel consistency that you can apply even during the day and no one will notice! So to clear your acne you basically keep this on all day, wash gently at night and you can apply more heavily if desired... And voila!
I promise you will get clear.
The treatment is a 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide, that's all the strength you need. If you start out slowly using this you won't get too dry and red or peel the way you maybe would with a 5 percent product.
The cost is completely reasonable...just like drugstore prices and if you order the kit you get free shipping.
If you are a teen struggling with acne I urge to go to his site and read up and try his products.
If you are a woman who is starting to break out like a teen, I urge you to go to his site, read his advice, and give the products a try!

Popular Treatments (Face)