April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Treatments - Acne.org - Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by WritersBlock808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been searching and low for something to clear my acne. When I got to college my face exploded and I had acne all over my face. I stopped using the whole three step system because it was getting too expensive. So for the past few months I have been trying to find anything that would work. Nothing did. I had no choice but to come back to this. And glad I did. I saw more results in a week than I have with anything else that I have used.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Acne.org Treatment by Daniel Kern. This is a vegan product as it contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals. It is a light gel-lotion with a whitish tint that disappears on the face. It contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. This product is comfortable putting on my face. I only need a small amount, and the large tube lasts a long time, a couple months if used once or twice daily, which make it a good value. I use it in conjunction with Alba Botanica Pore Purifying Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser, therefore I do not use the Acne.org cleanser. I also do not use a moisurizer after the Treatment as recommended by Daniel Kern. I don't need to on my oily acneic skin, as this gel-lotion is non-drying and does not leave my skin taut. The packaging is decent but could be a little better: the tube could be clear, to see how much product is left and made out of better plastic. As for the efficacy of this product, I take off one lippie because I still have acne. I think this would work best for someone with mild acne. I am going to try Tazorac 0.1% gel next to get rid of the acne I have left. Otherwise I would recommend this product for someone who is interested in trying benzoyl peroxide. The inactive ingredients in this product are: Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Excellent products. Have been using for a month now and face has cleared up considerably. What may have also made such a huge difference is I stopped using my Clarisonic device and face cloths. The acne.org website has videos and resources that explain how irritation leads to more acne. Little did I know that using these scrubbing techniques was actually causing more acne, not eliminating it. I have used these for hormonal acne related to pregnancy and they work wonders (and are safe for pregnancy).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by reh92

beware for people with sensitive skin! i tried really hard to get this to work for me since i invested so much money and bought the whole system but this stuff really messed my face up for a while. It literally chemical burned my face and made my eyes swell up every night. my entire face hurt and was inflamed and it took a while for my skin to heal. I think I am allergic to it, however I switched to the neutrogena BP that comes in a tiny tube and i didn't have the same reaction at all? maybe it's micro bp that's made me have such a bad reaction? anyhow i like BP for my acne but this stuff was way too strong for my skin. despite that, the packaging was nice and you get a HUGE amount, but that's relevant to how you are using it since the directions say to build up to a fingers length of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm loving this inexpensive gem! After my beloved Solugel was discontinued, I was worried. I couldn't use retinol or salicylic acid cream due to pregnancy, then breastfeeding. I had terrible breakouts due to hormonal changes, from forehead to jawline. My doctor recommended bp for baby safety, but most products burned my skin. Solugel (4%) changed that and cleared my skin. After much searching, I came across the acne.org treatment. Thank you, MUA! A giant pump bottle cost around $35 CDN. I have very sensitive, irritation-prone skin and this doesn't irritate it at all. BUT it's important to note that I was already used to harsher BP and had gone through an initial irritation period a year ago. I also do not follow the directions, but just use a small half-pump at night before my moisturizer. Now my only breakouts are product-related (i.e. bismuth oxychloride, algae, lanolin), so can't comment on effectiveness for others. I'm very grateful for this product. UPDATE: Clear, non-irritated skin continues! So grateful for this excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It works!
My skin is a mess. I'm 30 and i've always suffered some form of acne. My skin is also very sensitive and reacts to anything and everything. I also live in cold Canada, so it also goes through a lot. Lately i've stopped taking the pill, so of course the result is: breakouts! And bad ones: on my forehead and cheeks, cystic, not cool.
I've read the MUA reviews, and ordered the treatment, which i started 2 weeks ago. Already I am seeing results: my skin is mostly clear, i don't have new pimples, even though it's that time of the month. I started taking the pill a month ago though, so maybe it is also a factor. In any cases, i am VERY satisfied. I never increased the amount or frequency however, always used a pea-sized amount on the problem areas only, at night.

UPDATE: after a month, once a day at night, my acne has completely cleared up. Yessss!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS is the only stuff that has got rid of my acne. Will it turn your face into a blazing hellfire at first? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes. If you start slow (once a day or night) and amp it up later(twice a day), when you get clear (and most likely, you will. This stuff is just that awesome), you can back it back down to once a day/night. Give it a try...you will not regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

Lasted over a year, I am now using a brand new one. It is pretty pricey but for a the amount you are buying it is worth it plus, it clears my skin ! It isn't necessary to buy the whole regimen. I use Cereve moisturizer, and Dove soap as a cleanser. My own regimen with the treatment works perfect for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by tessahillie

This is literally a miracle-worker in a bottle! No joke. I struggled with acne horribly entering high school. Whiteheads, deep red bumps, blackheads, cysts.... You name it, I had it. After discovering the acne.org regimen, I decided to give it a try. I noticed a slight change after the first few months, then POOF! My acne was gone. I've been using the three step system for 4 months now. This system is the only treatment that has worked for meI've tried Proactiv, Clinique, Clean & Clear, and about a million OTC treatments, usually all making my skin in worse shape. My advice for you acne sufferers out there is DONT GIVE UP!! Try acne.org!!! It's the most inexpensive and effective system I've ever tried. You won't be sorry one bit! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by AnnaPetrelli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great bp! Cheap, effective and you get loads of it! I've used this for about 6 weeks and my skin has cleared up! Brilliant! It is drying though so use a good moisturizer. The dryness is something I struggle with but I figure it will get better soon. Regular exfoliation, perhaps?

It does make you red in the beginning and it does sting, but that is normal (or so I've been told, hehe...). Anyways, brilliant stuff! And it will last for AGES!

I use it once a day at night-time. I even put it over my moisturizer (which you're not really supposed to do), but it still works as a charm!