August 28, 2014 | 1142 users online

Treatments (Face) - Acne.org - Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kirinh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BUYER BEWARE

If you're in the UK be very careful when buying anything from acne.org. They charge an extortionate amount for delivery where they promise the products will be with you within 5 working days.

After two weeks of nothing you will likely receive a letter from customs asking for around 50+ for customs duty and import VAT, all because of the way acne.org completed the dispatch form their end.

Considering they offer free shipping within the US, it's ridiculous to charge $50 for delivering to the UK, especially when (after checking) Royal Mail international delivery rates are a fraction of the price and they claim not to make any money from shipping which is a joke.

These products will cost you a lot more in time, shipping and customs/import fees than you initially think and no doubt there are other and probably better products and sites out there to help with acne whilst looking after customers.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ginab73

I was very excited about this product after seeing rave reviews about it but it unfortunately just didn't work for me.

I used the product for about 4 months and followed the instructions exactly. Because I have sensitive skin, I increased the amount of benzoyl peroxide "treatment" slower (recommended) than the average rate. The dry, flaky, red skin never improved and it caused the worst, longest breakout, especially on my cheeks. I am still dealing with a lot of scars and hyperpigmentation because of it.

I spoke to customer service after about 3 months and the representative told me to just continue and it'll get better. I regret continuing for as long as I did because as soon as I stopped my acne improved greatly. Like all products, this one is not for everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review of the entire regimen because it is sold this way, plus some specifics about each step.

I received this as a gift from my boyfriend out of the kindness of this blessed heart (translation: he was sick of listening to me complaining every day about my acne and having various episodes of depression over it). I have been using it for a couple of months now (with a period of time when I stopped to see if my skin would return to its original grossness). FYI, my skin did improve after a month of use. When I stopped, it got worse, and when I started using it again, it has improved within the week.

Before I used this product, I read all the information provided with the package, but I did not watch the instructional videos. All the instructions ring to the tone of "IF YOU DON'T DO THIS EXACTLY HOW WE TOLD YOU THEN YOU CAN'T BLAME IT ON THE PRODUCT". Okay. I can limit myself to washing my face only every 12 hours and bring gentle with my skin blah blah blah. But I'm not going to sit in the bathroom and rub treatment on my face for 3 whole minutes then wait for it to dry, then sit there and rub lotion on my face for another few minutes. Ain't nobody got time for that. So needless to say, I did my best to follow the suggested directions to the best of my ability and within the confines of making it to work on time every morning. Please also note that I have been using the clarisonic brush once a day with the acne.org cleanser. I was also clarisonic-ing my face in the shower with the Mineral Fusion Ultimate Moisture cleanser and Shiseido Perfect Whip foaming cleanser (I was washing my face 2-3 times a day rather than the every 12 hours recommended). I was also using make up wipes or DHC cleansing oil to remove make up prior to using the acne.org cleanser. The creators of this regimen apparently do not recommend using any makeup while on the regimen for best results, and my response was PFFT, I can't just show this face around with nothing on it. So yeah, I used a bunch of different BB creams during the day with my other make up while during the treatment.

Pros:
-By George, it worked. Pimple count down. Redness down. Skin looks great. This actually surprises me given how much I didn't adhere to the recommended directions. /shrug
-The BP treatment Easily absorbs into skin with a minute-ish of drying time and goes under makeup just fine.
-The cleanser is scent-less and works great without over-drying.

Cons:
-During the first few weeks of treatment my face was SUPER dry on my cheeks and neck. Weird, because I never put this NEAR my neck and somehow my skin was dry all across the front of my neck, extending almost past each ear. Had to use Burt Bee's intense hydration night cream day and night. As time progressed however, my skin seemed to adjust and I no longer have dry skin. I would definitely start small and have a really good moisturizing cream at the ready when you first start. Note: with my second initiation (after a period of not using this for a while then restarting), my skin did not get dry on my neck, only the skin around my mouth and a little on my cheeks. The lotion was NOT sufficient moisturizing for me during the first weeks of treatment. Currently however, the lotion seems to be fine and feels like an oil-free moisturizer type consistency after drying on the face.
-The lotion STINGS SO BAD, especially on broken skin and the eye area. I feel like my face is on FIRE. I've started to rub the lotion in my hands first to evenly coat my hands and then press them on my face without any rubbing, letting the burning and stinging occur and then subside, then lightly pat the rest of my face. I have no idea why it does this, but it sucks. Sometimes if my skin is not dry at all, I will skip the lotion entirely more so out of fear, haha. This could be the acne.org lotion's fault, or also the BP treatment's fault I suppose for making the skin more sensitive? The stinging only seems to occur at the lotion application step though. I think I will try a different moisturizer to see if the same thing happens.
-I think it's kind of expensive. I believe the whole kit was $40 some dollars. BUT the size of the everything is huge. It looks like it'll last at least a year or something.

Overall
The regimen works. Hail Mary. But I'm not head-over-heels ONLY because of the horrendous burning sensation of the lotion. I don't seem to have any issues with the lotion or the BP treatment though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by VerbanaLight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dan is one of my heroes. He saved me from my pizza face. Be ready to look like a freak of nature for the first month, but the flakes go away, I promise. I've been buying this in the big bottle for six years now. I slather it on per his instructions while I watch TV. It's actually relaxing, and my skin is reliably clear minus an occasional few spots. Why more dermatologists don't use his method, I'll never understand.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by starbright3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i used this stuff long time ago. not the best thing from what i remember. i been taking zinc and vitamin b5 cured it. I dont have acne anymore. Now i have beautiful skin or could be because im alot older now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

i love this stuff! It works great, of course starting out it made my skin very red and flaky, but that only lasted a few days. I never had acne growing up, I recently got it within the last six months. I tried everything that I could think of and this was my last attempt. After reading great reviews I decided to give it a try. It's very effective and it's a lot for the price you pay. Not a bad price either! I had a face full of acne and within two weeks, my acne is almost gone. I will continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using BP products in various strengths since I was in middle school (I'm 28 now). I've never had full-blown cystic acne, but I have gone through times where I'd have a lot of active breakouts. Going on the pill helped my skin quite a bit, but I still break out (mostly on my chin). My sister introduced me to acne.org back before he sold products, which inspired me to start using BP in a higher quantity than I was before, which I do think helped my skin. I wasn't following the regimen, just using a lot of BP (my go-to was Mary Kay's Acne Treatment Gel, which is 5%, but doesn't irritate my skin). I bought acne.org Treatment when I saw how inexpensive it is per ounce. It works, but it is not nearly as cosmetically elegant as Mary Kay's version (which I see has been reformulated, so I'm basing this on their older version). Whereas the MK BP feels silky smooth and almost moisturizing on skin and rubs in easily, acne.org BP feels gritty and wet, and seems to take longer to rub in. It also has a funky smell to it that isn't strong, but to me smells ever-so-faintly of gasoline. Nonetheless, given the amazing price, I went ahead and ordered more Treatment. I don't find that I need to use as much as Daniel recommends (plus I use Retin-A at night for antiaging), so this lasts me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It really does work.i have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I use it as a spot treatment not all over my face. I didn't like the regimens cleanser or moisturizer but this treatment is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have a lot to say about this product as well as tips I've learned along the way that make it very effective! I've been dealing with acne since I was 14 years old and I am now 34, so it's been a long road for me. I have literally tried everything out there, including a round of accutane, which did get me and keep me clear for about 3 years. However, it isn't something I would ever go on again because of the various side effects. I've been on the acne.org treatment 3 times so far and each and every time it's worked for me but then I've gone off wanting a more natural/holistic approach. I've come to realize though that this is the only thing out there that actually works for me and I would much rather have clear skin with good self esteem than be using natural products with a face full of bumps and a terrible outlook on myself and my worth. This last time around was the worse my face has ever gotten. I had huge cystic acne, which I had never had before. It was so bad that I went to a dermatologist and ended up getting an injection in one of them because she was so concerned about it leaving a really bad dented scar. I left her office with finacea, antibiotics and some hope that it would work. I went off the antibiotics after just a week because of how they made me feel but stuck with the finacea for nearly 3 months. While that definitely helped the texture of my skin it did not clear me up at all. I still had really bad deep acne. I finally came back to this system armed with countless reviews and tips to make it work even better and I am now nearly 100% clear and have no doubt that as I stick with this (it's been 2 months so far) it will get me all the way there.

So, here are my tips. The first one is without a doubt work your way up to how much you are using. You really do need to start super slow, as even doing that will make your face red, irritated and super dry with flakes all over. Building up is key to let your face adjust at each increase before moving forward and adding more. Believe it or not, one way to decrease the dryness is to really rub it in when you apply it. I never really paid attention to that, I just rubbed it on and had a thick layer that I would let dry onto my face and no matter how much moisturizer I used I was still super dry and flaky. Once I started actually watching the clock and doing it for at least 3 minutes, almost to where it feels sticky as you're spreading it, the dryness started to subside. The next thing I do after applying the benzoyl peroxide treatment is that I will sit down in front of a small fan, not too close to where I have to close my eyes, and just read or answer e-mails. This really helps it to dry more quickly and really soak into my skin. Then once I know it's completely dry I will put my moisturizer on, which I don't spread like I did with the treatment. For this I just dab it into my skin instead of pulling and spreading. I find that it prevents any flakes from forming and actually absorbs into my skin better. I'll do the same thing with my powder foundation. I'll use a good flat brush and just dot and push it onto my face. If I pull or drag it always ends up flaking on me. One other thing I did when my skin was really dry is add just a drop of jojoba oil (which really freaked me out to use at first) into my moisturizer. This really added moisture that I desperately needed in the beginning. Now I actually use it to remove my eye makeup and absolutely love it. If you're freaked out about using an oil like I was just give it a try on one area of your face, mixed in with your moisturizer, to be sure it won't clog your pores. Everybody has different skin, so an oil that works for me may not work for you. My last tip is to stick with it, give it at least 3 months to see if it will work for you. Within just the first week of using it I saw an improvement, but then after a few weeks I started breaking out again. That completely freaked me out until I read that it's actually quite common with this regimen and it takes sticking with it through those breakouts to get to the clear stages that will come. This treatment can definitely work if you give it a chance and really follow all of the directions to a T!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by gee1ny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have moderate to severe acne I've been dealing with for the past two years. I tried many different skin care line for acne (proactiv, dermalogica, Vichy just to name a few) and nothing has been as effective as the regimen. I've only been on the regimen for three weeks and it already has made a difference in my acne. It wont work over night but my existing spots has been greatly reduced in size and gradually disappearing. I still get a few spots here and there but breakouts are less frequent and severe as it did before. They say it takes about 3 month to see full result so I will be sticking to it until then. I must warn you though your skin gets EXTREMELY dry from the benzoyl peroxide (stuff is strong!). I even get dry on the skin around the face like the ears and the neck... I find that mixing few drops of JOJOBA oil with the moisturizer helps a tons. Also a moisturizing EYE CREAM is a must since again, it gets super dry even if you're avoiding that area. I use very emollient body lotion by alba on my neck and ears and it was such a relief from the crustiness from the treatment..
I highly recommend the regimen to those who lost all hopes with other acne products and want to try something that actually works, although it may be a bit uncomfortable during the process.. but I personally think the time and effort will be worth it after all. Good luck!