July 24, 2014 | 1701 users online

Treatments (Face) - Acne.org - Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

i love this stuff! It works great, of course starting out it made my skin very red and flaky, but that only lasted a few days. I never had acne growing up, I recently got it within the last six months. I tried everything that I could think of and this was my last attempt. After reading great reviews I decided to give it a try. It's very effective and it's a lot for the price you pay. Not a bad price either! I had a face full of acne and within two weeks, my acne is almost gone. I will continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using BP products in various strengths since I was in middle school (I'm 28 now). I've never had full-blown cystic acne, but I have gone through times where I'd have a lot of active breakouts. Going on the pill helped my skin quite a bit, but I still break out (mostly on my chin). My sister introduced me to acne.org back before he sold products, which inspired me to start using BP in a higher quantity than I was before, which I do think helped my skin. I wasn't following the regimen, just using a lot of BP (my go-to was Mary Kay's Acne Treatment Gel, which is 5%, but doesn't irritate my skin). I bought acne.org Treatment when I saw how inexpensive it is per ounce. It works, but it is not nearly as cosmetically elegant as Mary Kay's version (which I see has been reformulated, so I'm basing this on their older version). Whereas the MK BP feels silky smooth and almost moisturizing on skin and rubs in easily, acne.org BP feels gritty and wet, and seems to take longer to rub in. It also has a funky smell to it that isn't strong, but to me smells ever-so-faintly of gasoline. Nonetheless, given the amazing price, I went ahead and ordered more Treatment. I don't find that I need to use as much as Daniel recommends (plus I use Retin-A at night for antiaging), so this lasts me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It really does work.i have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I use it as a spot treatment not all over my face. I didn't like the regimens cleanser or moisturizer but this treatment is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have a lot to say about this product as well as tips I've learned along the way that make it very effective! I've been dealing with acne since I was 14 years old and I am now 34, so it's been a long road for me. I have literally tried everything out there, including a round of accutane, which did get me and keep me clear for about 3 years. However, it isn't something I would ever go on again because of the various side effects. I've been on the acne.org treatment 3 times so far and each and every time it's worked for me but then I've gone off wanting a more natural/holistic approach. I've come to realize though that this is the only thing out there that actually works for me and I would much rather have clear skin with good self esteem than be using natural products with a face full of bumps and a terrible outlook on myself and my worth. This last time around was the worse my face has ever gotten. I had huge cystic acne, which I had never had before. It was so bad that I went to a dermatologist and ended up getting an injection in one of them because she was so concerned about it leaving a really bad dented scar. I left her office with finacea, antibiotics and some hope that it would work. I went off the antibiotics after just a week because of how they made me feel but stuck with the finacea for nearly 3 months. While that definitely helped the texture of my skin it did not clear me up at all. I still had really bad deep acne. I finally came back to this system armed with countless reviews and tips to make it work even better and I am now nearly 100% clear and have no doubt that as I stick with this (it's been 2 months so far) it will get me all the way there.

So, here are my tips. The first one is without a doubt work your way up to how much you are using. You really do need to start super slow, as even doing that will make your face red, irritated and super dry with flakes all over. Building up is key to let your face adjust at each increase before moving forward and adding more. Believe it or not, one way to decrease the dryness is to really rub it in when you apply it. I never really paid attention to that, I just rubbed it on and had a thick layer that I would let dry onto my face and no matter how much moisturizer I used I was still super dry and flaky. Once I started actually watching the clock and doing it for at least 3 minutes, almost to where it feels sticky as you're spreading it, the dryness started to subside. The next thing I do after applying the benzoyl peroxide treatment is that I will sit down in front of a small fan, not too close to where I have to close my eyes, and just read or answer e-mails. This really helps it to dry more quickly and really soak into my skin. Then once I know it's completely dry I will put my moisturizer on, which I don't spread like I did with the treatment. For this I just dab it into my skin instead of pulling and spreading. I find that it prevents any flakes from forming and actually absorbs into my skin better. I'll do the same thing with my powder foundation. I'll use a good flat brush and just dot and push it onto my face. If I pull or drag it always ends up flaking on me. One other thing I did when my skin was really dry is add just a drop of jojoba oil (which really freaked me out to use at first) into my moisturizer. This really added moisture that I desperately needed in the beginning. Now I actually use it to remove my eye makeup and absolutely love it. If you're freaked out about using an oil like I was just give it a try on one area of your face, mixed in with your moisturizer, to be sure it won't clog your pores. Everybody has different skin, so an oil that works for me may not work for you. My last tip is to stick with it, give it at least 3 months to see if it will work for you. Within just the first week of using it I saw an improvement, but then after a few weeks I started breaking out again. That completely freaked me out until I read that it's actually quite common with this regimen and it takes sticking with it through those breakouts to get to the clear stages that will come. This treatment can definitely work if you give it a chance and really follow all of the directions to a T!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by gee1ny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have moderate to severe acne I've been dealing with for the past two years. I tried many different skin care line for acne (proactiv, dermalogica, Vichy just to name a few) and nothing has been as effective as the regimen. I've only been on the regimen for three weeks and it already has made a difference in my acne. It wont work over night but my existing spots has been greatly reduced in size and gradually disappearing. I still get a few spots here and there but breakouts are less frequent and severe as it did before. They say it takes about 3 month to see full result so I will be sticking to it until then. I must warn you though your skin gets EXTREMELY dry from the benzoyl peroxide (stuff is strong!). I even get dry on the skin around the face like the ears and the neck... I find that mixing few drops of JOJOBA oil with the moisturizer helps a tons. Also a moisturizing EYE CREAM is a must since again, it gets super dry even if you're avoiding that area. I use very emollient body lotion by alba on my neck and ears and it was such a relief from the crustiness from the treatment..
I highly recommend the regimen to those who lost all hopes with other acne products and want to try something that actually works, although it may be a bit uncomfortable during the process.. but I personally think the time and effort will be worth it after all. Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a great product. To be honest though, I never waited the 15 minutes before applying. I don't use the regimen anymore because I am one of the few people that BP does not work for, but I think this is a good product for what it is. This is probably better than 10% because that kind really drys the skin. I used the full regimen for 4 months and it made my skin nothing but flakes. Really, it was that terrible. Always patch test before taking the plunge. I think that people with skin troubles should try this because there are just so many good reviews it's hard to pass up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this Regimen for my teenage daughter. She plays sports and breaks out terribly after a weekend of tournament ball in the heat. Consequently I have been going through a rough patch with my skin batteling with breakouts and dry irritated patches of eczema/dermatitis since the beginning of the year. I went to the Derm, spent over $100 dollars on their in office products that the Dr recommended and then another $50 on Rx Promiseb cream. I might as well have set $150 on fire in his waiting room. The moisturizer was nice but nothing special and cost over $75. The promiseb didn't do much either to address the issues but did improve my skin overall slightly. Instead I ended up using dilluted AC Vinegar for a toner ( dry scaly patches gone in two days) then I started using this Regimen to address the break outs. I have the cleanser, treatment, moisturizer and jojoba oil. This cleared me up in less than a week. Oddly I've used BP in the past as a spot treatment and was never impressed, it always smelled bad, went on pasty and took forever to absorb. This still smells weird but goes on smooth like a light lotion and absorbs quickly. This does not irritate my already sensitive skin but I've found that locking moisture in is the key to keeping my skin happy while using this. I also don't wait the recommended 15 minutes after washing or showering to put these on. My skin needs the moisture to keep this from drying it out. I put the treatment on immediately after patting dry and wait a minute or two for that to absorb before using the moisturizer with a drop of jojoba. After trying everything from AHA to Rx's to have clear skin in less than a week with inexpensive products is fantastic. My daughter just started this yesterday. Teens are in my experience lazy about skin care but I hope she sticks to it and that it works as well for her too. The price is cheap especially for the amount of product you get. This is $18 for 8 ozs. That much otc persagel would cost around $64 at +/- $8 per 1oz tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Mariahahaha

I have a love-hate relation with this product. I have used it for 6 months during which my skin (mild to moderate acne) totally cleared up, though it became much more sensitive and needed lots of moisturising. But after 6 months it gave me a bad allergic reaction and even today (three months since I have left using it) my skin remains dry and flaky. Please avoid using this product if you have sensitive skin or mild acne. This stuff is very strong. However it is cheap for that huge amount that is being offered. I now use it as a spot treatment for which it works pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by feelingalive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has changed my life. I just had to create an account to spread the word, and help others who were once in my position 5 months ago.

I've suffered from acne for the last 9 years, tried everything with no luck...same old sob story.

I started using the acne.org treatment 5 months ago, and my skin has honestly never looked better. I'm not afraid to go without makeup anymore, and do not cringe at myself everytime I look in the mirror.

Normally, I would get a few zits every week, some would stay, others left scars. I'd pop a few pimples here and there, which definitely didn't do much good. If I was going out, I'd slather on a layer of makeup to hide the severe scarring/acne underneath.

I cannot be more thankful, for what this product has done for my skin.

Of course, it was a bit of a bumpy start. My skin was not used to the benzoyl peroxide, which stung a little bit in the first 2 weeks of the regimine. But after the first month, my skin had adjusted and I started to slowly see results. My existing acne was shrinking, and becoming less noticeable...I'd also stopped getting any extra acne (as usual).

By month 3, I had stopped breaking out for a full month. And I was left with a bit of scarring from previous acne.

By month 5 (today), I stopped breaking out for 3 months, and my scarring has nearly faded. I no longer need to slather on makeup, and finally (after 9 years) feel comfortable in my own skin. All with one tube of acne.org treatment-- $18 that changed my life completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by morgalynn

This product truly does what it says-it clears acne. 2 years ago I started the acne.org regimen. I used this treatment and within a couple months my skin was finally clear. Until then, I had always had stubborn moderate acne that never went away, even after countless dermatologist trips. After using the acne.org treatment for almost a year, I changed over to a more natural routine. On this new routine my face was never completely clear and left me with oily skin. I switched back over to the acne.org regimen and within a month my face was back to being clear. Since then, I tried once more to change the products I used but that just resulted in another breakout. Acne.org is the only thing that has worked for me and without it my face is a mess. It keeps my skin amazingly clear and keeps the oil at bay. I have occasional issues with this drying my skin out, but some moisturizer can fix that. I highly recommend this product to everyone who has stubborn acne and wants some relief! I will continue using it until/if I outgrew these pimples.