November 26, 2014 | 1412 users online

Mascara - DuWop - Lash Lacquer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lala85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Terrible mascara. It does lengthen lashes and give a lovely glossy look... for the first 20 minutes. It smudged terribly, and within an hour, there was barely any product left on my lashes- it was all over my lids! Good concept, wish it had worked better for me.
On another note- the mascara end of the tube didn't seem to contain much product at all (as previous reviewers have mentioned)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

On a recent trip to Sephora, I ended having my makeup done by a DuWop rep that was working in the store that day. When she put Lash Lacquer on my lashes in the store I was amazed. They looked fabulous! I bought the mascara along with the gray eyes palatte. Ugh....$19 later...needless to say my lashes did not look as fluffy once I tried it at home and it seemed to be little to no product in the tube on the mascara end! I returned it today. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a mascara, this is pretty average. It didn't give my lashes any sort of definition and it couldn't hold curl...I found that it works well as a brow sealant instead (the formula isn't very thick or gloppy).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 7:37:00 AM More reviews by TheCaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried. I have the Plum Black color and it isn't shockingly purple. However, it is plum enough to bring out the gold flecks in my hazel eyes beautifully. I have never had a problem with flaking or smearing when I use this. The sealer works great, but it still removes easily at the end of the day. I love this mascara so much that I have actually repurchased it once already, which never happens because I am always looking for the next best thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by weisla

Fantastic - I am a total mascara snob and I LOVE the lash lacquer mascara. I have never experienced any smearing or flaking with this mascara, the sealer really works. I also love that even though it stays on, it removes easily with water. I don't have to use eye makeup remover, just a general makeup removing face wash. I like dramatic lashes and with a few coats this does the trick and stays! I really like the Plum Black color too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think often DuWop trades quality in favor of "unique." Lash Lacquer could be a great idea--one end has mascara and the other has a gentle waterproofer. However, the brushes are terrible quality, you get a very small amount of each, and I've found that often the sealer actually removes a lot of the mascara. I do like the suitable-for-sensitive-eyes idea, but if I want a look that subtle, I'll just skip the trouble altogether and go au naturel.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by chasejenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product smears horribly. it does darken my light brown to blonde lashes ok, but the first day i used it, i went to work, and after about 1 hour, hit the restroom to find horrible, HORRIBLE raccoon eyes. I mean it smeared everywhere. The next day I tried just the mascara without the top coat, (the top coat being the reason I bought it, I had been looking for a glossy mascara, so I was not happy about being left with just the regular mascara that I could have gotten at a drug store) and the same thing happened. I thought, maybe if I skip the eye cream, or concealer and just powder around my eyes so it's drier? Nope. still smeared everywhere. NOT happy. save your money. even without the top coat it smears.and it was not any shinier or glossier than any of my normal mascaras, nor did it redeem itself in darkness, thickness, curliness, or length. I do like several of duwop's products, so I will buy from them again, but definately NOT this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by trueblue002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not flashy mascara. Smooth, consistent texture with a dual ended tube- one for conditioning mascara and one for the waterproof coat. It has a subtle, natural look to it. I wish it came in a larger tube and that the tube's coating wouldn't wear off so quickly as it did mine. Pretty in a just woke up way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 7:06:00 AM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is terrible!! I used this mascara yesterday for the first time and most definitely the LAST!! This mascara smeared all over my eyes after 2 hours of use..by the end of the day, I had black mascara all over my eye area! I always use a waterproof mascara for my long days at work and I will faithfully return to my Covergirl mascara ASAP. This did nothing for length, fullness or even thickness. What a waste...Duwop should re-invent this stuff so it will actually do something for your lashes instead of just smearing all over the place.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2007 7:54:00 AM More reviews by imin2mnf

The texture and consistency is somewhat differnt from the other standard mascara . Is easier Layering this mascara on lashes better than most of the other ones. It doesn't clump up like other mascara. But it work okay when it comes to addind volume and lenth to the eyelashes. I can't really tell whether it helps to prevent eyelash loss.....nourish...vitamins......(I can't tell if theere are any improvement)?? The topcoat is very nice, gives a wetlashes look. I'm not too sure if the topcoat actually really help to seal the mascara. But I notice it does help to prevent the mascara from flaking so much without the topcoat. This mascara is okay, it is different from other mascara, but I wouldn't buy it again. Not even on ebay for $8 bucks.