July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Moisturizers - Purpose - Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Nasochkas

I won this product in a contest from one of the magazines (Glamour maybe?). I don't have red skin but thought hey it has good SPF and is a basic moisturizer.
I do not really like the smell and it goes on a bit heavy. It tends to roll up into clumps and not absorb if you are putting on a foundation after. I would not use this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jessica147

I used this moisturizer because my dermatologist recommended it. I have a lot of redness around my cheek/nose area, and so I was very excited to try it. I've had the actual moisturizer for a few years because I've never finished it.
When I first started using it, I really liked it. I thought it did a good job at reducing redness. However, now whenever I use it, it makes my face feel so greasy (probably from the SPF). I've been using Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer ever since.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by siobbhan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is really gentle. I like the SPF 30. I've been using it for years. My skin is really sensitive and this works.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by makemeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is mostly made out of alcohol. makes my skin look shiny, skin burns within 3 mins from being out in the sun. did reduce redness, i think aveeno calming does a better job at reducing redness, but the smell is just toooo much. I'm going to keep using it til I find something better. It doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I, too, am surprised by the low ratings for this product. (I do believe that what might cause blemishes for me might not for you and vice versa.)That being said, I am 53, have fair, very sensitive skin with rosacea and I haven't had a problem after a week of use. I've tried a LOT of sunscreens and moisturizers at all price points with very mixed results. But, like many of you, I am really tired of paying $50+ for products so I am on a mission to discover lower-priced skin care. I apply the lotion after my face is completely dry and I let it sit for maybe five minutes before applying make-up. I can only use a POWDER FOUNDATION and POWDER BLUSH over it. (Right now, I am using Napeoleon Perdis' Pasarella Powder Foundation that I got at Target. I can easily see how a creme or liquid foundation/blush would look awful because of the product composition: it would skip and smudge.) I have no expectation that this product is going to "sink in": it is meant to sit on the surface to form a barrier against the sun (good old zinc oxide!). And I expect it to be thick but it is still a lotion and not a creme. All of that being said, it is working for me.
Ensulizole (2%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octocrylene (7.5%), Zinc Oxide (2%)
Inactive Ingredients: Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Calcium Pantothenate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, CyclopentaSiloxane, Dicetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isohexadecane, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, PEG 100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylolpropane, Triethylhexanoate, Tromethamine, Water, Xanthan Gum

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am also surprised at low reviews. I can't comment on whether or not it helps with redness. I had some red marks from acne and it didn't seem to do much, but I'm thinking this is meant more for redness from something like rosacea, not scars. Regardless, I get this version rather than the regular version becasue the SPF is higher. I love it. I have tried several different moisturizers and this one does not irritate, sting, or break me out. And it's not greasy, nor does it have that nasty sunscreen smell that some moisturizers have. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by younggiftedblack

WOW! I'm surprised at the low rating of this product. I love this stuff! I have acne prone and what used to be oily skin but now my face can only tolerate dan's treatment and products made especially for sensitive or dry skin. Anything else and my skin screams, peels, burns, breakouts in retaliation, etc... The only reason it gets a 4 and not a 5 is because its super moisturizing properties don't help to minimize the visible pores on my cheeks. Other than that, I'm def buying this again. using this and dan's treatment (with any gentle cleanser) has made my face clearer than its ever been since puberty!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have sensitive but acne prone skin (rosacea + acne-prone) this did nothing to reduce redness and wasnt enough to moisturize my face. i like the sunblock factor but i switched to olay complete defense spf 30 for sensitive skin and its much better at moisturizing without the whole redness reducing promise. maybe i wouldnt hate it so much if it didnt claim to reduce redness... even still i wont be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by rbphoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this moisturizer, in the summer. Winter I still like it, but I need MORE MOISTURE!! For my skin anyways. It doesn' bring my redness down a super lot, but it does bring it down, hey anything helps : - ) I have been doubling up with another moisturizer to give me extra but it isn't heavy FOR me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bikutoria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this product on the recommendation of my dermatologist. I was using prescription Duac Gel (a very strong benzoyl peroxide) in the morning and Retin-A Micro in the evening, and it was drying my oily skin out in places (specifically around the nose and mouth). Unfortunately, this moisturizer wasn't strong enough to combat the dry, flaky patches. It was good enough during summer if I didn't wear make-up, but during winter or when I wore make-up the flaky skin became highly visible.

I did not use it with the intention of reducing redness. I never noticed a difference.

Now I use it on my neck and hands. Hooray for sunscreen!