MAC Frost - Ricepaper

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 3/2/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My experience with Ricepaper was not quite as glowing as the other reviews (perhaps I got a dud?), and I almost returned it. However, after working with it a bit more, I felt it was a good staple, and I'm very glad I kept it. I wear it a few times a week on the inner half/third of my lids as a lid color or inner corner highlight. It's a nice light yellowed cream color. It's definitely not too yellow on my skin. Mine was not super pigmented or super shimmery. I have to work a bit to pick it up with my brush (mac 239). But if I build it up with a couple layers, it is a beautiful color with a lovely subtle sheen and it works well with many other colors.

on 11/23/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What the?? I thought this would be my holy grail highlight/lid color based on all these reviews and photos, but it was extremely chalky and gross looking on me?? I tried with and without primer, and I was looking for that beautiful sheen without over-the-top shimmer everyone was talking about, but I didn't get any of that. I liked the color and I don't know if I got a dud or what, but it was just plain chalky, powdery, and just UGH. I have yellow/slightly olive undertones so I thought this would work great for me, but it didn't work out for me at ALL. I thought, for over $17 I paid for it, it'd be amazing.. Thank goodness MAC has a great return policy. I'll just be sticking with indie companies like Silk Naturals from now... I just wish I got to try SN's Ricepaper dupe before it was discontinued.. It looked like it had so much more color pay-off and pearly sheen than this did.

on 11/1/2014 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Truly a gorgeous, warm, shimmery color. Ricepaper is a fantastic shadow either in conjunction with other shimmery shades or as a lid accent for a matte eye. The frost is very subtle but effective. I find myself using either this or MAC Shroom most days for a center lid brightness.

Pros:
* smooth application
* easy to pick up color with brush
* blendable
* good accent for most other shadow colors
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can be a bit sheer; may need two applications for full effect

on 8/14/2014 2:51:00 AM

I bought this for a specific makeup look I was going for with a very dark chocolate brown layered under this. I cannot believe how much I actually use this eyeshadow beyond that look. It's normal great MAC quality, long lasting and very versatile. I LOVE it!

on 5/24/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Perfect brow highlight/softening colour. $26AUD for a refill isn't bad considering how fantastic macs eyeshadows are and how long they last.

on 5/18/2014 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this shadow. I use it for either a highlighter in my tear duct or or an all over lid color... Beautiful!

I used to own this but found I way too yellow on my olive skin tone.

on 12/15/2013 5:22:00 PM

versatile, shows up well, and does not fade. Really brightens up my eye. I would purchase again.

I started using this eye shadow many years ago when i was looking for a neutral color that would blend easily and go with an any day look whether it's day or night. Sometimes i even wear this color alone or blend which a darker shade such as 'cocoa' 'charcoal' or 'chimney' (i must have a thing for eye shadow colors starting with "C" lol!) Anyways, this eye shadow is one of my favorites because of it's long lasting wear time, even color consistency, and ability to be applied with other eye shadows.

on 11/27/2013 9:56:00 PM

One of my holy grail as a brow highlight. I have been using this for over 7 years. It doesn't have too much shimmer and it matches my nc25-30 skin color. I have yet to find a better highlight than this, will continue to buy.

Top Rated MAC Products