Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Hard As Nails - Almond Crunch

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/17/2013 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Color: 4/5. It's a warm peachy pink with gold glitter. The glitter is not outrageous at all. I prefer a colder shade of pink, but this is very nice.
Application: 5/5. It goes on much easier than Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength.
Time until dried: 4/5. Pretty standard drying time.
Cons: contains formaldehyde.

on 12/1/2009 3:35:00 PM

The color is just nice for some one who doesn't like to have too bright color on my nails.

on 9/15/2009 4:06:00 PM

I have this in Black Out and Fuchsia Power, and I love them both. Great shine, and wearability.

on 9/12/2009 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is a very pretty natural looking color. pinkish/coral with a soft mauve. this one color took longer than usual to dry. i have fuchsia power and that one dried a lot faster than this shade. no bubbles or streaking, which i love. brush can hold lots of color which is great for girls with longer nails such as myself. i dont find that ait suits my skin tone well...

on 8/11/2009 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This nail polish is my fav. The color is perfect because I aim for pinks and golds. In the light it's pink with gold shimmers but in the dark it's a berry color. I apply two coats of this to get the most of the gorgeous color since it's a bit sheer. With a base and top coat this lasts me about 2 weeks. I'm really happy with the low price and perfect sized bottle.

Love love LOVE this color! It's very girly and natural but not so sheer that it looks like a non existant skin tone color-i hate those. It is definitely an "every day" colored polish-and just gives a nice, natural, polished look. I LOVE the shimmers in this too! It gives this rose color a little extra flare and looks gorgeous on my nails when i'm sitting on the beach. It is definitely versatile in that respect, and that's what gives this color a little extra personality. It is perfect for a casual day, isn't too much for the office or a professional setting, but once you get out into the sunshine the color just turns drop dead sexy!lol

on 11/20/2007 10:01:00 AM

I loved this colour, a mauve-rose with gold shimmer. I think if the light hits it he right way, the gold might warm this up enough to call it "coral". I found this easy to apply, so it must have a good brush because I can be very messy with nail polish but I managed to get this on perfectly. It's not to thick and gloopy and I did not get air bubbles as it dried. I do think it is a little sheer though, I had to add three coats before I could blend out the whites of my nails, if you know what I mean.

on 6/18/2007 9:53:00 PM

What a find! This is my current go-to shade for pedis. Not sure why it's called Almond Crunch as it's a light rose with a ton of peachy-gold shimmer -- not unlike MAC Rose pigment, in a way. I wouldn't exactly call it sheer; one coat is plenty but two brings out the coral tones. I canNOT stop peering at my pretty pedi and can see myself using this all summer and into fall.
Cheap too -- $2.49 at drugstores. continued >>

on 4/18/2007 12:46:00 PM

I love the Xtreme Wear polishes. They go on great with very little streaking and no bubbles...dries quickly and have great staying power. This color is a sheer natural pink on me...one of my favs.

I recently picked up a few different colors from the Xtreme Wear line at CVS. I hadn't been too into doing my nails because I had worked with animals for about a year and needed to stock up on some cute new colors. I'm so glad that I tried these. It dries really quick, even in humid Florida. I very impatient, so no smudging or accidents while waiting for my nails to dry. It has a very nice consistancy which goes on beautifully, expecially with the wide flat brush. It also comes in a variety of some of the cutest colors. Oh,did I mention that they only cost about $2? I so hope these don't get DC. As far as the color of Almond Crunch goes, the name is definitely deceiving. Apparently the lights at CVS were too because I was looking for a nice frosty neutral pink, and when I got home the bottle was obviously a coral color. Coral doesn't look very good with my coloring, but I tried it out anyway. Looks okay, especially if I wear something to compliment it, but it just isn't me. Love the polish, I just wouldn't buy this color again. If you like coral this is a definite must.

Popular Polishes