August 20, 2014 | 1466 users online

Highlighters - New York Color - Colour Wheel Mosaic Powder Translucent Highlighter Glow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Being a new fan of NYC's Color Wheel line, I took the risk of buying this along with the Pink Cheek Glow pan. I don't have any highlighters in my makeup collection so I figured this would be a nice addition.
Well, it doesn't serve the purpose of a highlighter at all. The matte beige, tan and brown pentagons along with the white ones are so precisely pigmented that when swirled together with a brush they allow the most subtle healthy color for contouring. Last night I used a small kabuki brush with it and applied it along my temples, the base of my face and my cheeks and it made a huge (but subtle) difference. It is perfect for contouring if you don't want it to be too obvious (and I had never done contouring on my pale face before). I just love the pigmentation in this line of products! Then I applied the Pink Cheek Glow on my cheekbones and my face looked beautiful throughout the whole night!
For five bucks you should give this a try, it sure hasn't failed me yet. And it's a whole lot of product!
**** Careful with the product since it is very fragile and could break out of nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this! I have a fair complexion and so I need to add some colour to my face. It really gives me a flawless and sun kissed glow finish. It's simple to use and very quick.

The only thing that I wish they could change is the packaging. The lid comes off very easily so I can't throw this in my purse and go. Perhaps changing the lid so that it's connected to the container and snaps on/off rather than having a loose lid that you take off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by handfulofgoo

When I first bought this I would use it over my liquid foundation and I looked like complete crap. Then I switched to the Ready Foundation from BareMinerals and one day decided to apply this over it. And my face looked flawless! Matte too. Only bad thing is the weak packaging which resulted in the whole mosaic falling into pieces :/ Now that I know how to USE this, I will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

What a pleasant surprise. I bought this because I forgot my powder at home, am a freak about shine, and I literally wanted the cheapest pressed powder at the drug store just to get me thru the day. Amazing at keeping the shine away! I keep checking my face in disbelief that it is still matte (but not flat!) with no shine after 4, 5, 6, hours. MUFE HD, Kett, Nars, none of them mattify as well as this $5 wheel. It is a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by heathercrowell7

For the first couple days, I was in LOVE with this product. The colour was good, it didn't look cakey, and it didn't break me out. A few days later, one of the mosaic pieces fell out and I wasn't really bothered. Then, one by one the pieces ALL fell out. Now I'm left with a bunch of pentagons.

You get what you paid for, right? At least it was cheap.
If it didn't fall apart, I would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by njs5068

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been searching high and low for a setting powder that didn't break me out (super sensitive skin with eczema issues). I stumbled on NYC mosaic bronzer this summer. Loved it, and I didn't break out! So I decided to try this translucent highlighting powder as a setting powder. I am very content. I was worried about buying a very expensive powder, but I thought that was my only choice. I have tried CG clean powder, neutrogena skin clearing, everything drugstore! All wreaked havoc on my face. This mattified, set, and lasted on my face. And...no pimples or bumps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ok, we get it, it doesn't highlight. and if you look at it closely, you can tell without even using it that it isn't a highlighter.
however it works beautifully for evening out skin tone and covering imperfections. foundation always makes me greasy so i have to use something. this is my new go to product for sure. think i'll have to try the blush next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetsophiav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this with no real high expectations but I really LOVE this as a powder foundation! I use a moisturizer with spf and my garnier ant-dark circle roller ball under eye concealer and just use this as my "foundation", looks so natural!! I hope they don't discontinue it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

It's not a highlighter, since it has no shimmer. A great setting powder though
Price: ~$5 CAD
Pkg; push-on lid
Colour: white, warm beige, caramel, med-dark brown | (blended) medium beige
Finish: luminous matte
Texture: smooth
Oil-Control: 3-4h
It's a nice 2-in-1 product cuz swirled together, u get a nice setting powder. The darkest colour is good for contouring while I use the white and beige to set my concealer.
Will try the bronzer for contouring in summertime

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are looking for a 'highlighter', this is not the product for you. If you are looking for a setting powder that doesn't leave that 'flat' look...then you should give this a try. I love the mix of shades with very little shimmer. I use this as a setting powder and couldn't be happier. It controls my oil fairly well, but I love the fact that my face doesn't look flat and cakey. I will definitely buy again.