September 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Target Premium Whitening Strips

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Sabsh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Review for Up&up Advanced Teeth Whitening Wraps
Pros:
-small difference after only one use (really does whiten)
-easy to use
-cheap ($15)
Cons:
-gum pain
Tips:
-trim the strip to fit your teeth
-dry your teeth before applying
-don't leave it in the heat!

I'm currently using this product and after one use I've already saw a small difference. My teeth were not too yellow beforehand but I still noticed a difference. I did experience some gum pain because the flaps were too long and folded onto my gums. But I have a high pain tolerance so it didn't bother me too much. I would not recommend this if you have very sensitive teeth, otherwise it's a great alternative to crest whitening strips! With these strip there were no odd taste or smell. It's made of a moldable plastic which allows you to talk, but I would not recommend eating.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kmtucker1111

So far this product has worked really well for me and considereing it only cost $20 I had little expectations for it. A 14 day system for $20 is a great deal. The packaging is not fancy and you have to be careful pulling the strips out of the wrapper. Make sure you press the strips on your teeth for at least 5 seconds like it tells you or it will slide arounds. There is a different taste than other whitening strips but it is manageable . Overall this product it well worth it and I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these as a cheaper alternative to Crest and I must say that I really like these. They get the job done! I can see a noticeable difference after using these. Now I do not see a need to try out the Crest white strips. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by rawrcatx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really do like the whitening job these did, however I wish the process were more efficient. This comes with 14 strips for top & bottom teeth, and I have wasted at least 3 packets trying to figure out which side was the side to apply to your teeth, since it isn't specified. The taste was also very off-putting as I could taste a bit of the hydrogen peroxide used in the strips. They also tear very easily but once I apply the strips (on dry teeth) they stay on well.
The strips claim to show a dramatic difference only three days of using it and I did see a nice change within that time, however it was nothing dramatic. I've used about 8 or 9 strips, one every few days instead of every day because my did gums did hurt with everyday use. The real shocking moment was during one of the few times I used a strip- once I removed them from my top and bottom teeth, I didn't wash off the residue because it didn't tell me to. BIG mistake. The next morning, my lip was so swollen it looked like I'd gotten a lip enlarging injection!!!! It was only on my top lip, but so swollen and so sore that I couldn't even rub my lips together. The inside of my upper lip also had peeling and 'burnt' wounds that took a good few days to finally start healing. I'm positive the 'wounds' are chemical burns from the strip. Needless to say, it was an awful experience. I haven't seen anyone mention this yet but I would wash off the sticky residue left behind on your teeth-it makes sense because whitening chemicals damage the enamel if overused and surely could damage anything inside of your mouth. Now, I swish water after whitening to get the residue off and rub my teeth with a towel just in case!
Overall, pretty good whitening, packaging should definitely be improved, price was fine ($20 at Target,) and instructions should be more clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by JadeDelphi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product I used was Up & Up (Target's generic) Professional Dental Whitening Strips. At $25.00 I did not feel they were at all a value. The strips were stuck to the inside of each sealed packet (possibly from heat exposure) when when I tried to remove the film with the strips on them they often adhered to the packet, tore and stuck to each other making them impossible to use. When I was able to unstick them from the insides of the packets, they did not apply easily, bunching up or tearing as I tried to stick them to the teeth. They also slid around considerably. The instructions were vague, not making it clear which side to apply to the teeth. The strips require 30 minutes a day for 29 days, and claimed "results within 3 days." I did not get any results within three days nor in 29 days. Horrible rip off and I would never, EVER, buy this crap again. VERY disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by SHerbst812

Pros:
-Work well
-Cheap
-Stay on teeth
-Less sensitivity than Crest Whitestrips

Cons:
-Moldable plastic trays HURT

These strips/trays do work, I am on day 3 and already notice a bit of a difference. They are cheap (compared to Crest Whitestrips), and stay on my teeth well. I noticed less sensitivity with these than when I used the Crest Whitestrips (I use Sensodyne toothpaste for a week before and during whitening, as I have fairly sensitive teeth).

HOWEVER... I found that these strips/trays are slightly big for my mouth (and I think I have an average sized mouth and teeth). Because the trays are hard (although moldable) plastic, they sort of dig into my gums while they're on. I have yet to make it through the full 30 minutes because my gums end up hurting so bad. The last time I used these, I trimmed the back flaps and rounded out the corners of the top strip, and that seemed to a help a little... still not good though. I brush twice a day and floss every other day, and dentist has never told me my gums are unhealthy in any way, so that's not the problem. These are simply too hard and thick, and dig in to my gums.

While I like that these are cheaper than Crest (which is why I bought them in the first place), and they seem to cause less sensitivity, I would NOT buy them again simply because they hurt my gums so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by BlancCrayola

These whitening strips make your teeth super white! I initially had yellowish/white teeth. It came from habits of not brushing teeth before. (Fyi: I don't drink coffee, tea, colored drinks except for coke once or less a week) Considering that these were the cheapest strips, I had initial doubts about them. They come in a super tiny package!

When whitening, make sure to wipe your upper and bottom teeth so it can adhere better. Also, I always stuff paper towels in my mouth when whitening. I know it sounds weird, but so much saliva..ick.

The package advertises what it does, but it's definitely not as eye-catching as Crest.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by spiceyorange

*Now manufactured as target's in-house brand 'up & up'
Me and my boyfriend whitened our teeth with this product with different results.

/// for me:
PROs:
Sticks to teeth well once and if it adheres.
Did the job, probably made my teeth 3-4 shades whiter. Nothing SPECTACULAR, but brightens a smile.

CONs:
I had to trim the lower strip a bit because my lower teeth arch is small. Other than that, it stuck excellent 90% of the time.

/// for him:
PROs: same

CONs: while I have ortho-precisioned straight teeth, my guy doesn't. And because the strips are so stiff, if you have a tooth that protrudes forward a bit more than it's neighbors, then those neighbors won't get whitened very well.

he also had a lot of problem with sensitivity and had to just use the strips once a day, instead of twice as the directions recommend.

I kinda liked them over all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never used a whitening product other than whitening toothpaste which does nothing noticable. I bought this on a whim after seeing my yellowish, non-sparkly smile in a photo. I didnt really expect much. I am so amazed by this product. By day -2- I saw noticable results. To be honest, if that is all i got i wouldve been happy. By the end, my teeth looked so great! It really changes how your whole face looks, younger and fresher. Whiter, but not too fake white. No sensitivity problems either, no teeth pain, nothing! Get this please, dont spend 2 to 3 times more!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by SolangeAtira

OMG! I have found my HG teeth whitener. These things are amazing!