July 23, 2014 | 2123 users online

Masks - LUSH - The Sacred Truth biofresh mask

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by juwel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite LUSH face mask. I feel it tightens my skin and gives it a glow.I like the calming, herbal scent it imparts, and it feels really potent on the skin! I have, and will, repurchase it as a treat. Sadly, my lush store in Perth doesn't do samples of face masks, but if yours does a little sample goes a long way. A tub of mask lasts about 5 uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I'm not much of a mask person, but the SA at LUSH talked me into this and I'm quite happy she did.

First, yes, it comes in a pot. Why are people so afraid of using products in pots? Wash your hands before you dip them in, and close the top straight away. Ta-da! No life-threatening ebola virus in your face mask.

The texture of this is thick but very moist, and with a little bit of chunkiness to it. I find I need to stir it before each use, because it does separate a bit. It's a dull greenish color, and smells of wheatgrass, cucumbers, and flowers to my nose. I like the smell, but I imagine that's a matter of personal taste.

This spreads on the skin nicely. The directions say not to let it dry on the skin, but I often do. In fact, I sometimes keep this on for 30 minutes or so. It rinses off easily.

I don't find that this works any miracles on my skin. It does leave it feeling fresh and soft, and I feel that it soothes redness a bit. More than anything, this -- to me -- is a feel-good product, with a couple of minor cosmetic benefits thrown in. But I believe that a feel-good product has its merits, as looking good (in my mind) has a lot to do with feeling good. Plus, for someone with chronically red and unevenly textured skin, a bit of redness relief and softness goes a long way.

I will probably repurchase at some point, but since it's not a vital/life-changing thing, it's probably not something i'd worry about having on-hand all the time. However, it is one of only 2 or 3 masks (out of all that I've ever tried) that I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first Lush fresh face mask. I received it as a freebie when I bought some other products since they give away masks when they have less than 2 weeks of use by time left.

I've been struggling with the aftermath of an allergic reaction to some medicine for the last few months. Just slightly bumpy blotchy skin on one cheek. My Ella Bache products did not help and I've just been waiting for the medicine to finally leave my system.

The mask smelt great, applied easily, and I removed after 8 mins (dead in the middle of the 5-10 recommended). I applied my normal night moisuriser afterwards and when I woke up there is a slight improvement in my bumpy cheek!!! I have sensitive skin and had not adverse reaction to it either! I will definitely use this all up and look at whether to rebuy this one or the seaweed one next!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by beautylush77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This LUSH Fresh Face mask is supposed to be soothing/rejuvenating and fore more mature skin, but not as anti-aging as Ayesha (which is supposed to target wrinkles). Sacred Truth is a very herbal-smelling, pleasant mask which is green in color (not yellow like the pictures indicate!). I am in my early 30s and wanted something which would rejuvenate my skin and this is what the Lush sales rep suggested.

Pros: This has the best texture of the three Lush masks I have tried. Its smooth and easy to spread. I liked the smell a lot-- it's not floral but herbal and slightly medicinal, but in a good way. Like other Lush masks, this is definitely pleasant to use and feels good going on and after application. I use it in conjunction with another mask and it definitely improves my overall skin texture and quality.

Cons: This doesn't feel like it does as much as Brazened Honey for example, which cleans my pores out, but I'd repurchase it nevertheless because I did feel like it improved my skin over time.

Overall: I liked this mask and would repurchase it. It doesn't de-age or anything dramatic but it is a nice, pampering experience. I used about twice a week and my skin feels and looks better after using. I got 6 uses out of the pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this fresh face mask from Lush. It makes your skin smooth and glowy!! Firstly I put on moisturiser before I use this as I've heard it makes the mask better? I also find it adhereds better to your skin. Leave it on until it goes hard like most masks. The one problem I have is Lush face masks tend to be very messy so best to use in the bath or have a towel round you incase bits fall off. Then wash off with a flannel or muslin cloth. This mask has a fresh smell, it won't be for everyone but I rather like it. I also got told by a Lush employee that this mask can be suited for most people ( maybe not those with sensitive skin reading the other reviews! ) Even though it is targeted as anti-ageing. Also she said if Lush face masks all had separate prices this would cost a lot more due to the high quality, good ingredients. I love this mask, I recommend everyone to try it!! You can get it for free for bringing back 5 clean lush black pots too!

Full ingredients list:
Ginkgo Leaf and Brown Linseed Infusion (Ginkgo biloba, Linum usitatissimum) , Kaolin , Talc , Honey (Mel) , Fresh Papaya Juice (Carica papaya) , Glycerine , Organic Yoghurt , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Lanolin , Bentonite Gel , Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Ginseng Root Powder (Panax ginseng) , Green Tea Infusion (Camelia sinensis) , Fresh Wheatgrass (Triticum vulgare) , Bee Pollen , Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

I wanted to love this mask because of all the great reviews. I normally make my own masks with a lot of the same ingredients, and I picked this up while I was on vacation so that I could continue with my normal skin care routine. Here are the pros- good price (only $6.50), naturally made, has a really great creamy consistency, easy to wash off, portable and definitely less messy than making the mask at home. The problem is that I didn't get the glowy revitalized look that I normally get from my home made masks. I left it on for only 10 minutes because I was worried that the kaolin would dry out my face. After 10 minutes my skin felt smooth and really clean, but also a bit tight and dry. I bought this for its emollient ingredients as it was sold to me as a moisturizing mask, but I think it's really more of an anti aging, skin firming mask. Too bad, I wanted to like it so that I wouldn't have to make my own masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

Nice soothing, moisturizing mask that's easy to apply and wash off. It left my skin soft. I can't really tell about anti-aging properties but my skin did look good after using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite facial masks. Ever. I have tried many. And two from LUSH. This leaves my skin feeling SO soft and clean. After I use it I can't even bring myself to put makeup on, my skin feels so nice. It has a nice scent, too, to me. Not to strong, kind of earthy and natural. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by trafficdior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Clearly under-rated and among one of the best masks I've used by LUSH. This one has a smooth, creamy texture and leaves your skin feeling ultra-soft. When I refer to ultra-soft I mean like that of a baby's. The scent is also bearable but the effect on my skin far outweighs the con involving the masks scent. Highly recommended.