LUSH The Sacred Truth biofresh mask

4.1

Ginkgo Leaf and Brown Linseed Infusion (Ginkgo biloba, Linum usitatissimum) , Kaolin , Talc , Honey (Mel) , Fresh Papaya Juice (Carica papaya) , Glycerine , Organic Yoghurt , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Lanolin , Bentonite Gel , Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Ginseng Root Powder (Panax ginseng) , Green Tea Infusion (Camelia sinensis) , Fresh Wheatgrass (Triticum vulgare) , Bee Pollen , Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume

on 6/14/2015 9:11:00 PM

I love lush face masks. I tried Love Lettuce, Catastrophe cosmetics, BB Seaweed, and The Sacred Truth. This is my most favorite. This one make my skin even better. I grad that I tried this one. My first place Lush fresh face mask from now on.

on 5/15/2015 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Finally this is back!! This was discontinued for a few months while Lush was changing the recipe. Originally, the mask was more of a thick paste, and the new formulation is definitely runnier and more refined. I love how this feels on my skin. It moisturizers my face, and leaves it soft. I notice a difference in my rosacea when using this product. I've read reviews that some did not like the smell. I don't mind it at all, it's got an earthy green tea smell to it. I use it usually twice a week, and I feel like my facial moisturizers work better after using it, and my makeup applies better. I like the smaller packaging. I always repurchase this mask, even though I've tried others , I always come back to this one. The price is great too. I can't say enough great things about this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love love LOVE this product! If I am getting a breakout or my skin is irritated/red, this skin helps calm my skin in a jiffy. After using it (at least 15 min, washing it off), my skin is left softer and tighter, and it even seems like my pimples are instantly flattened. I have used other masks from Lush (catastrophe cosmetic, cosmetic warrior, brazened honey), but The Sacred Truth is the only one with which I see a difference. The price is worth it! I was just disappointed they don't have it available since Dec. Still waiting until I see it again.

on 10/31/2014 4:24:00 PM

I liked this mask loads at first but after two weeks (despite there being a few weeks on the best before date) it started making my skin sting and go red. I'm not sure why, maybe there's an ingredient I'm a little sensitive to.
It didn't make me look loads younger but it did brighten my face at first and smelt lovely.

on 10/25/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is amazing because I have very oily skin and it leaves my skin moisturized and bright. It's great to use if you have to be somewhere and you didn't get a goods night sleep.

on 9/19/2014 9:08:00 PM

I would try this again if I was having a case of slightly oily skin. It is non irritating for me, and was refreshing. Mild scent.

on 5/29/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favourite LUSH face mask. I feel it tightens my skin and gives it a glow.I like the calming, herbal scent it imparts, and it feels really potent on the skin! I have, and will, repurchase it as a treat. Sadly, my lush store in Perth doesn't do samples of face masks, but if yours does a little sample goes a long way. A tub of mask lasts about 5 uses.

on 5/26/2014 2:12:00 AM

I'm not much of a mask person, but the SA at LUSH talked me into this and I'm quite happy she did.

First, yes, it comes in a pot. Why are people so afraid of using products in pots? Wash your hands before you dip them in, and close the top straight away. Ta-da! No life-threatening ebola virus in your face mask.

The texture of this is thick but very moist, and with a little bit of chunkiness to it. I find I need to stir it before each use, because it does separate a bit. It's a dull greenish color, and smells of wheatgrass, cucumbers, and flowers to my nose. I like the smell, but I imagine that's a matter of personal taste.

This spreads on the skin nicely. The directions say not to let it dry on the skin, but I often do. In fact, I sometimes keep this on for 30 minutes or so. It rinses off easily.

I don't find that this works any miracles on my skin. It does leave it feeling fresh and soft, and I feel that it soothes redness a bit. More than anything, this -- to me -- is a feel-good product, with a couple of minor cosmetic benefits thrown in. But I believe that a feel-good product has its merits, as looking good (in my mind) has a lot to do with feeling good. Plus, for someone with chronically red and unevenly textured skin, a bit of redness relief and softness goes a long way.

I will probably repurchase at some point, but since it's not a vital/life-changing thing, it's probably not something i'd worry about having on-hand all the time. However, it is one of only 2 or 3 masks (out of all that I've ever tried) that I would repurchase.

on 5/12/2014 11:14:00 PM

This is my first Lush fresh face mask. I received it as a freebie when I bought some other products since they give away masks when they have less than 2 weeks of use by time left.

I've been struggling with the aftermath of an allergic reaction to some medicine for the last few months. Just slightly bumpy blotchy skin on one cheek. My Ella Bache products did not help and I've just been waiting for the medicine to finally leave my system.

The mask smelt great, applied easily, and I removed after 8 mins (dead in the middle of the 5-10 recommended). I applied my normal night moisuriser afterwards and when I woke up there is a slight improvement in my bumpy cheek!!! I have sensitive skin and had not adverse reaction to it either! I will definitely use this all up and look at whether to rebuy this one or the seaweed one next!

on 4/6/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This LUSH Fresh Face mask is supposed to be soothing/rejuvenating and fore more mature skin, but not as anti-aging as Ayesha (which is supposed to target wrinkles). Sacred Truth is a very herbal-smelling, pleasant mask which is green in color (not yellow like the pictures indicate!). I am in my early 30s and wanted something which would rejuvenate my skin and this is what the Lush sales rep suggested.

Pros: This has the best texture of the three Lush masks I have tried. Its smooth and easy to spread. I liked the smell a lot-- it's not floral but herbal and slightly medicinal, but in a good way. Like other Lush masks, this is definitely pleasant to use and feels good going on and after application. I use it in conjunction with another mask and it definitely improves my overall skin texture and quality.

Cons: This doesn't feel like it does as much as Brazened Honey for example, which cleans my pores out, but I'd repurchase it nevertheless because I did feel like it improved my skin over time.

Overall: I liked this mask and would repurchase it. It doesn't de-age or anything dramatic but it is a nice, pampering experience. I used about twice a week and my skin feels and looks better after using. I got 6 uses out of the pot.

Popular Masks