April 16, 2014 | 1121 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Night Queen Perfume Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually wear a different fragrance every day, but I've been wearing this one for days now! Liking it in the store, I bought it about 8 months ago, but when I got it home it seemed somewhat cloying and I didn't touch it again until recently. Maybe it needed to age a little, maybe I needed to be in a different mood for it, I don't know, but I'm hooked now! The amazing thing is how the scent fluctuates over time. You can smell it when you apply it, but then the scent seems to dissipate, unless you sniff the exact place where you applied. Then, later on, the fragrance surprises you by wafting up from nowhere. And how to describe this scent? It's comforting, but strangely haunting, with a piercing white floral heart--beautiful! I'm looking forward to trying more of this company's fragrances!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by chameleon529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am fascinated by the night-blooming cereus flower but have never had the fortune of smelling it... so when I saw that this was a similar fragrance I had to have it! And, well... it doesn't match the fragrance I was imagining in my head, but who am I to know if it's accurate or not! I was expecting more vanilla, this is basically all white floral and musk of the soapy variety. Sounds like a recipe for disaster as I usually hate white florals and soapy musks. But somehow this combination works for me, if only for nostalgia reasons. Wearing this evokes a memory of being 7 years old, freshly showered, reading a favorite book while waiting for dinner to be ready. Sitting by the open window on an unseasonably warm spring night, inhaling a breeze tinged with gardenia, a hint of magnolia, and newness, mingling with my soapy skin. It leaves me utterly comfortable and content and feeling clean and untainted. Very zen. I wear it before bed and drift off to the most perfect sleep with the sensation of being transported to a simpler time.This is not a "me" fragrance at all but I look forward to wearing it on a sticky sweaty day to introduce some freshness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's very hard to find a fragrance that truly smells like Arizona Night Blooming Cereus (peniocereus greggii). Night Blooming Cereus,or Arizona Queen of the Night, is a cactus which has gorgeous white flowers, which open at night. Each bloom lasts for just one night. Auric Blends Night Queen comes closer to the scent of the actual flower than the very expensive Cereus pour femme. If you like this Auric blend, you may want to try Once In A Bloom's "Queen of the Night" perfume. It's another accurate rendition of the exquisite fragrance of this unusual flower. Auric blends oils last and last, and only a drop is needed for great sillage and all-day scent. Night Queen is just lovely, and I like it better even than Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess (which is a stunning Egyptian Musk). You can't go wrong with Auric's oils, and their prices are unbelievably good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Petalofarose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NIGHT QUEEN is a clean floral scent; it smells nothing like the night. This is how you smell right after you get out of the shower. DELICIOUS!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Auric Blends Night Queen is very true to form. It's the real deal, and I like it, even though I am not a floral person. If you like Jasmine, you have got to try this one... By the way, the drydown is better than the initial application imo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Fulltiltredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Night Queen is the name of a type of jasmine that blooms at night. Night Queen perfume oil = Jasmine perfume oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by aileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this, Egyptian Goddess, and Love. Out of the three, I adore Love the most. This one came in third at first, but only because EG had that weird eraser smell for the first 15 minutes!

But on the 2nd and 3rd try, I really fell for Night Queen. This is not what I expected from a scent named Night Queen. Rather, it is almost a straight gardenia soap on me. It stays true to itself from beginning to end. NQ is also the formulation that lasts the longest on me. Although I don't particularly care for gardenia scents, this one is clean smelling without being either too chemical or too floral.

At $7 for a .33 oz roll on oil, you should try multiple ones!