August 29, 2014 | 1800 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Perfect Brow Pencil - Ultimate Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Goes on very nicely and is easy to be precise with a pencil. Will buy again because it lasts all day for me and nothing rubs it off yet it's easy to remove when I wash my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 4:08:00 AM More reviews by AriesD

Great pencil, stays on all day and doesn't smear because of my oily skin. This color just wasn't the right color for my black brows and it has a yellowish cast to it. Got Brunette instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best brow product I've ever used! I freaked out when I discovered my Sephora wasn't going to carry my beloved Too Faced Brow-nie, which was the only brow product that ever worked for me. The salesperson gave me this pencil to try and I am in love! I have dark blonde brows and dye my hair dark brown so I have to color them in or I look strange. Most blonde shades are too ashy, but all the browns I've tried are way too dark. This is perfect! It's a golden brown that is rich without being too dark or muddy. The formula is wonderful and fills in any sparse areas perfectly. The spoolie on the end makes doing my brows a snap. This pencil makes my brows look natural and defined, and wears all day. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by mena14

This pencil is very hard and dry, which is what makes it so great. Creates very precise, natural, smudge-proof lines that are not too saturated. Softer pencils tend to apply too much greasy color, making them look fake and drawn-on....like a crayon. If you've applied alot of powder, or it's very cold sometimes they can tug at the skin a bit, but I'm sure you could warm them up somehow. It's never been a real problem for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by DianaCtyGrl

Texture is terrible! Very waxy and very hard to apply. Very disappointed, but I found Lancome's brow pencil, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by itismonica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this pencil for almost 8 years. I love it! Of all the pencils that I use (being a make up artist, I use alot!) this is one of the top 5. It goes on so smooth and easy. I've had been to the studio several times and always walk out with this purchase. Was so happy when they started getting picked up by more and more distributors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only complaint is the texture...because I'm used to a harder consistancy (I use Shu Uemura Hard 9). But the color of this pencil is fantastic. Not too brown, dark, light, red or grey. I recently colored my dark hair to a light brown and it looks very natural (I use the Brunette brow gel over it). Fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by ILOVEDIOR

Already gone through 2! Color perfectly matches my eyebrows! Love how it doesn't fade or get smeared easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This hard, waxy pencil is perfect for precision work and creating the most natural-looking brows but the closest match, Ultimate Brown, was too warm for my skintone. I need an ashy brown color, which blends in better with my skintone and brows. Ultimate Brown is a dark golden brown--not good. The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Jehda

Price: $21.00

Where to buy: Anastasia.net, Sephora and Nordstrom

Anastasia Soare (the gal who created this line) is world renowned for her talent in shaping brows. Her line consists of, in her opinion, the best products for shaping and filling the brows. I've only used her brow pencil but it works wonderfully. It doesn't make my brows look dark and thick and heavily drawn in. Instead, it looks like my brows at their best. The pencil is on the harder side, which makes it difficult to make mistakes. Often I find that with the softer pencils brows come out looking dark and drawn in and tend to smudge.

My brows tend to be a little on the sparse side but I'm currently growing them out and having them shaped by an Anastasia employee. That's my other big thumbs up. The Anastasia counter at the Nordstroms near me also has a facial waxing and tweezing station. They're so busy that you HAVE to make an appointment. The girl who does my brows used one of Anastasia's stencils to do my brows and then proceeded to shape them from there. (Anastasia also sells her stencils for the do-it-yourselfers.) I'm in love with how my brows look! It may cost $25 per tweezing/waxing session but it's definitely worth it! Anastasia is definitely the Picasso of eyebrows!

PS: The only other eyebrow pencil that comes close to Anastasia's is Trish McEvoy's. The pencil is also on the harder side and comes in a lot of great colors. continued >>