New York Color Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil - all

Price: $

on 3/27/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This has been my most-used eyeliner for years. It's the best one I've found as far as the waterproof aspect goes. It hardly budges but at the same time it's very blendable. The pencil is a good size and not too thin so you can easily make a thick line if you want to. Also very pigmented. It's super cheap and definitely worth trying.

on 2/28/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

They must have changed the formula because the one I bought doesn't match the picture they have here on MUA. I got this liner in Teal, and I really wanted to like it because the color is beautiful, but it would not stay at all. Granted, I have oily lids, but usually when I buy waterproof there's some semblance of staying power. These smudged like crazy after an hour of me doing nothing. I returned it the next day.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This products does what it says. I have the most oily skin and watery eyes yet this liner stays in place. The black is an intense, jet black. Sharpening it can be a pain but the pros still outweigh that one con. I compared this with the Urban Decay liner in Perversion. They apply exactly the same but the NYC liner stayed in place and maintained its intensity longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Smooth texture, glides over the skin, solid black color, lasts a good time after applied (I use it for tight lining upper lid), and DIRT CHEAP price. I even like this better than the NYX one! Very recommended!

on 9/6/2014 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

so it's not water WATER proof. so it's definetly not waterline or tight line proof. but for an every day slap on top eyeliner and go? perfect. black, smooth, cheap, and lasts the day.

on 8/20/2014 6:16:00 PM

Would not recommend. Requires constant attention once applied or else without fixing you'll end up looking like a raccoon. Lead breaks easily and although smooth application, like previously stated, it smudges like crazy.

on 5/30/2014 10:16:00 PM

applies nicely and easily and very black but it moves all over the place and quickly. it seems like it picks places it wants to stay. Bc it leaves me with raccoon eyes within an hr but then the places it does stay it takes a lot of eye makeup remover to get off. However i don't use eyeshadow primer, and i haven't used primer in a while only bc it has been cold and don't need it but it is summer, so i will give it a try with primer and update.

on 3/22/2014 4:15:00 PM

this is the best waterproof pencil i've ever used and the amount i've gone through over the years is insane. its very blendable and creamy but once it's set it STAYS. this is the only pencil that lasts more than 2 hours on my waterline. highly recommend this for those who like to line their waterline.

on 7/26/2013 11:13:00 AM

Was using Urban Decay 24/7 liners but they smudged and smeared on my eyes and migrated in my eyes!! Enter NYC waterproof eyeliner in MInk!!! Great color, has some iridescence to it and glides on beautifully!! Great staying power, did not smear over my eyes or migrate inside my eyes at all!! Definitely worth trying for only 3 bucks at Walmart!! Much better than Urban Decay and much cheaper too!! I don't care about the packaging, as long as the product works, that's all that matters. This worked better than any high end eyeliner I ever bought!

on 7/11/2013 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in 'Teal' and it's great! Super smooth and creamy, and it glides on like a dream. It blends really well and sets fairly quickly-- just a bit longer than it takes for UD liners to set for me. The glitter is super fine (not gritty!) and doesn't irritate my eyes, nor does it fall out. I haven't had any issues with fading or smudging, not even during the 110°F days of summer that can make me sweat through most of my makeup. In fact, this lasts all day until I'm ready to take it off! Though I should note that I've never worn this by itself; I always use a primer and eyeshadow beforehand, which I'm sure adds to the wear time.

I think this is a great, cheap alternative to some of the higher end pencil liners. 4/5 only because of the limited shade range.