Clean & Clear Cooling Daily Pore Toner [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients. Water, Alcohol, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, fragrance, t-butyl alcohol, menthyl laxtate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, denatonium benzoate

I love this product I am so disappointed that it has been discontinued its very hard to find a good product that is low cost for people that need glycolic or hydroxy acid like me. This product works well for me where salcylic acid does not it controls the oil and helps exfoliate the dead skin and tighten the poors. I am so dissapointedthat its gone forever.

on 9/27/2010 1:55:00 PM

I was disappointed. The ingredients read great--glycolic acid, sodium PCA, etc.--but for my thick, oily, acne-prone skin, this just left it feeling sort of dirty and sticky (and while I'm used to astringents having potent scents, I hated this one in particular--a little like sour milk). Even when I tried diluting this with other, less sticky salicylic acid astringents, this made my face feel grimy.

I just might be extra sensitive, but I was greatly disappointed.

on 6/16/2010 12:11:00 AM

Yeah, it stinks. Not in the bottle--I smiffed it in the Big Lots and thought it was OK, but on the skin--phew! Kind of like a bad perm smell or a bitter-smelling weed. But the scent fades quickly after application, and the results--doesn't sting, leaves my skin softer & smoother, cuts way down on pimples and helps the red marks fade more quickly--nice! I use a glycolic acid lotion or cream in the wintertime, but in the summertime I prefer to use a milder glycolic acid product. This is working very well for that. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner is a similar product, but it is more irritating and less effective. It smells better, but the scent is stronger and clashes with my perfume. I prefer the Clean & Clear.

on 2/23/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this at Big Lots for 3 dollars thought I haven't looked for it at regular drugstores so I don't know why it's at Big Lots. Maybe it was just an old batch. Anyway, this toner is really refreshing. Smells nice. Though I don't really feel the "cooling" sensation afterwards. I've been using the clinique clarifying lotion #2 and that one is REALLY cooling even though it doesn't say on the package that it is. Compared to the Clinique one I'd say this one is a lot more mild and doesn't sting as much. Face feels clean. Overall a pretty nice product, nothing bad about the toner really stood out to me

on 8/5/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using this toner for a while now and am more than happy. I have skin that scars easily, so I ave quite a lot of scars and use glycolic and lactic acid peels to keep my skin in check and make the scars fade. This toner has both salicylic and glycolic acid, which makes it a great 'maintenance' product. Yes, it is strong, it makes your skin smooth, shiny and tender, but it genuinely helps prevent outbreaks. It can be drying, but if you moisturize well or use peels, this isn't an issue. A must have product if you use peels.

on 7/13/2009 12:04:00 AM

I first use this product about a year ago, felt great at first. But I couldn't find it in walmart anymore so I stopped using it for a year. My fact turned from oil/combination to sensitive/combination, "thanks" to stupid facial steamer. I bought this product a month ago, but this time felt HORRIBLE. feels like tons of alcohol and my face burns. I recommended it to oil/combination skin people.

on 3/31/2009 10:12:00 PM

I have normal/dry skin and this stuff burns a little and the scent is pretty strong. But! It made my pores on my nose and checks sooo much smaller in about a week. And my skin is so smooth. I love it. Just have to wait about 5 mins after using it to put moisturiser on after it.

on 12/30/2008 4:00:00 PM

This toner is wonderful! I have been using this for several years and it has really helped with break-outs and tightening my pores. It has a nice cooling and refreshing sensation, but at times can sting, so I usually rinse with cool water afterwards to neutralize the glycolic and salicylic acids.
I went to the store to buy some more today and they had 3 bottles left on the shelf and there was a sign saying it has been discontinued!!!!! I am so upset about this. So now I am going to try to buy a few when I see them to stock up.
I hope that I can find an equal replacement when my supply does eventually run out. :(

on 11/25/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my favorite toner - I repurchased many times, but now I can't find it anymore. I discovered this featured in InStyle magazine. I love the combo of the salicylic and glycolic acids. Plus it's not too drying or harsh. Works great for my acne prone skin (I also use a salicylic cleanser and a salicylic/retinol lotion with it).

To find an alternative, I tried Neutrogena Pore Refining and that really irritated my skin - too harsh.

I really like this toner. Its really cheap and helps clear up my skin. I really like how it has Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid, which help take care of your skin. Definitely my number one toner, and it really helps out my skin!!