October 25, 2014 | 1587 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Citrus Spice Exfoliating Shower Soap [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

This soap is very very good. I use it for underarm use to remove all traces of deodorant/antiperspirant. Its gentle yet exfoliating enough to completely clean and exfoliate the under arm area. HG! Cant live without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by berkeleybear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love burts bees, so I was really excited about using this. Iguess you're supposed to use this as a body wash, because I used this on my face,a nd it totally broke me out. I have oily skin, and this having natural ingredients, I thought this would help with my acne. I bet this is great as a body wash, and its my own fault that I broke out. I just want everyone tto know NOT to use this as a face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by hayleythomson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap!

Haven't used bar soap in years. However, I got this in a swap, and decided to try it out for it's exfoliating qualities on my upper arms (they are covered in tiny purple pimples, yuk in sleeveless for summer). Anyway, after just TWO days, my arms look almost like the rest of the skin on my body ie. blemish free.

It does feel quite rough when you use it, so be warned. I also like it for my legs though - it is preventing in grown hairs (I use an epilator, makes it much easier). The smell of the soap is also amazing.

As for it being in bar form - that surprisingly works better for me. I always intend to use a scrub on my upper arms, but first things that's just one more step in my showering routine, and, to be honest, it makes a mess and takes ages. Now I just swipe the whole bar up and down my arms and legs, and then use the suds as I would normally a shower gel. So it's doing every job for me, with just one product, and more quickly than I can even usually prize the lid off my shower gel. Brilliant product - I just wish I could find somewhere to buy it on its own rather than as part of a set (UK).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this soap!! It is a dark, scary looking bar but don't let that throw you off. The scent is amazing - spicy, sexy, natural, not too overpowering. The only downside is I am not used to using bar soaps anymore (thank you body washes!!) and at first it was a bit cumbersome to use..but I got the hang of it quickly! It can also be a bit rough, so those with sensitive skin may wish to steer clear of this. I use it along with a scrub before I apply self-tanner and it exfoliates amazingly. Leaves my skin absolutely smooth and soft and luxurious - perfectly prepped for a tan. It works well on my feet too. Doesn't leave any film in my shower or on my skin at all. My skin looks and feels even - definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I have this in both of my bathrooms as a hand soap because it just makes my hands so soft. I have used it on my body, as i like a serious scrub (!) but i've since found something better. I couldn't stop using it so it lives by the basin now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by PinkPorcupette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best smelling soaps I've come across, it reminds me of a cup of orange spice tea. It is a bit hard to find, not all the shops that carry Burt's Bees have it, so I stock up when I find it, and keep the extra bars in my towle cabinet to keep things smelling yummy.

It IS an exfoliating soap so it is probably not ideal for anyone with sensitive skin. I just use it on any rough spots- my knees, elbows, feet. It is actually the perfect soap for getting your feet ready for sandal-wearing weather, it gets rid of all the dead skin and makes everything nice and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by RLSCS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap! I'm on a quest to find more. I got it in a gift package along with other Burt's Bees products, so I'm not sure where to repurchase. Smells awesome! Exfoliates better than most products I've used. Helps me get a really close shave. Also really good to use before applying self tanner. Must find more of this soap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like others, I like the scent. But I leave it by the sink for handwashing because I think it would be a little rough all over in the bath or shower. Makes the bathroom smell wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the smell. I am very clean after using it. It is so easy to rinse off! Like previously stated, it's a little uncomfortable though; but I feel it is easy to get used to and actually I became liking it after several uses. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by peachachess

smells awesome but left my body feeling extremely sticky as it left the worst residue I have ever experienced, and that is including the time I actually had to make soap for a junior college chemistry class lab assignment. Since I love the smell I have been using this in the kitchen as a hand soap, but would not repurchase.