September 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Awake - Daily Call

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Don't know what the other reviewer is talking about. Expecting a product to eliminate your party binging side effects. lol. ok. Anyway, this product is THE BOMB. It gives me somehow this really pretty glow that people keep complimenting me on. (I have slightly combo skin that seems to have normalized quite a bit after using quality products for 2 years straight. Phew!) This product really gives me a tangible daily positive quality to my skin that i don't obtain with just my moisturizer. A very pretty glow similar to the one you get after a facial or a relaxing day followed by a good nights sleep. SOLD for life. I am on my 2nd bottle, and will get another when this runs out. I actually bought another bottle soon after my first because i was offered a 40% off discount and knew i would want another. Then it got lost in my sea of cosmetics, i almost didn't believe it could be as good as it was, and then tried it again, and viola. Same pretty natural healthy glow.

You only need one pump, and a small amount comes out, a fine slightly silicone feel serum, lightweight, no scent. Perfect packaging, fair price. Just pat it on your face, wait for a couple mins, and put your sunblock over it. $50.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

This product claims to "boost the radiance" of "sleep-deprived morning skin", and to give the skin "a well-rested appearance". For a $50 bottle of this stuff, you better believe I wanted to put this claim to the test. There was no better time to test it out than this morning - I had just partied all night the night before, got 3 or 4 hours of sleep, and all the alcohol, smoking, and my late-night debauchery had taken a great toll on my skin.

OK, Daily Call, step up to the plate.

I put this on my skin, and the first thing I thought to myself was, "This must have silicones in it". It just felt too slippery and too thick to just be a moisturizer. Sure enough, I looked at the ingredients and it had the silicone dimethicone in it - and while silicones do give me the appearance of smoother skin, it also leads to some breakouts and tons of clogged pores.

My skin looked good when I put it on, so I just put on some mineral face powder over it and went out shopping, hoping the Daily Call would work some type of magic - because I sure looked like hell this morning.

Well, as the day went on, my skin looked worse - much worse. I mean, I wasn't expecting a huge miracle, but the silicones began to make my face look really greasy, so by the end of the day, my skin not only looked as dull as it was before - but then it looked dull and oily.

The only use I could see for this is to use as a lightweight primer under makeup, but there are much more inexpensive primers out there than this stuff. In the end, Daily Call did not save my skin - I went home, rested, drank some water and weaned off the hangover - and that made 10 times more of a difference than this product ever did. continued >>