November 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Moisturizers - Bioelements - Beyond Hydration

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryAfterglow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this gel-based hydrator for a few weeks and it did absolutely nothing for my super clog-prone, oily, sensitive, slightly dehydrated skin. It didn't help the dehydration or calm my redness, but it didn't break me out either. None of the ingredients are very helpful for my skin type, though none of them are known to be clogging or extraordinarily irritating. I also hate the unsanitary jar packaging, even though it's really pretty. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, especially with such a high price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A great overall moisturizer for oil prone skin. I have a hard time deciding if I like this better or worse than the 100% Pure brand Mint White Tea Moisturizer. I think both have their points, and just depends on the weather, what other makeup I am wearing that day etc. as to which is better.

The price is not cheap, but the jar will last you for a long long time as only a small amount it needed. I like how it is a gel. Does not really add moisture, but does seem to help the skin from loosing any more. Does not seem to aggravate my rosacea. I use "Beyond Hydration" instead of Bioelements "Calmitude Sensitive Skin Moisturizer" because it contains dimethicone and "Beyond Hydration" does not. Same for some other ingredients in their "Calmitude Sensitive Skin Moisturizer" I did not want to use.

Ingredient list from their website (matches what is on the box I have):
Water (Aqua) (Eau), Ahnfeltia Concinna (Algae) Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate Panthenol, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis (Dong Quai) Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Rhus Glabra (Sumac) Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract, Thymus Zigis (Thyme) Extract, Saccharide Isomerate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerine, Hexylene Glycol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cherepub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I rate this a 5 because it's the best thing out there, that I've come across, for my skin. My skin is oily and I have a mother in her 40s with the same skin-type who still occasionally breaks out. I'm convinced that if the medical field can't come across some break-through help for hereditary adult moderate acne that I can afford, I will be 50 some day and still breaking out. I see the toll it takes on my mom. She's not nearly as confident as I would like to see her. Anyway, I once went to get custom facials with LED treatments once a week, that helped a lot, but was really expensive per session (my discounted rate was $40 each, originally $60), but the woman at the spa that applied my facials studied chemistry in college and convinced me to try this specific BioElements product (I had never used BioElements before) about 8 months ago, and I really do love it.

If this description of my skin applies to you, too, I recommend their Decongestant Cleanser. Also, upping my estrogen level (recently pregnant, but birth control would be similar) has seriously done wonders for my skin!

I rated the price a 4/5 because it's about $40/month for me. Packaging quality is decent - it's in a jar, so if your hands aren't clean, you could be contaminating it with your fingers. On the flip side, if this was in a tube, you wouldn't be able to use all of the product. Sorry to talk your ear off, but although I love this product, I am hoping to find a comparable product so that I don't have to spend as much for it. But, for right now, it's like my life-saver....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've come to really like this product. I always saw this line at my salon but didn't think this moisturizer would actually do anything for my skin. I am very oily with large pores and acne at age 35, but I also tend to be very dehydrated from acne treatments. I had been using oil-based moisturizers for the winter, leaving me pretty oily during the day. After my last facial I decided to try this line finally, and I can honestly say that this product was a great surprise. It really does hydrate my skin adequately, while adding absolutely no oil. No flaky skin with this, and my skin is no longer oily through the day. And while the price is $30 plus, you get 2.5oz. Recommended for oily, dehydrated skin. No breakouts from this, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by b3llav1ta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an oily complexion, prone to breakouts - and for the longest time I've been looking for a moisturizer that would work for me. High and low - with no luck, until I found a new esthetician last year and she introduced me to this. She recognized my skin was dehydrated, as it always is during the cold months. I just use a pea size of this gel for all over my face and neck. Sometimes I use this as a mask. I'd put a lot more products on my face, leave it for 10 mins then I rinse it with wash cloth and warm water. My skin always felt so supple afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this moisturizer. I'm a combo/oily skinned girl, prone to breakouts and clogged pores. My facialist/esthetician recommended this for something that provides moisture without weighing down my already large pores. It was great in the summer months and I never had a bad reaction to it. It is expensive, but if you can scoop a deal, it's really worth it for problematic skin.

As others mentioned, it has little to no fragrance, but more of a fresh scent that evaporates quickly. I do not care for it being in a jar as I don't like to stick my fingers in things, but I can monitor the amount and regulate application and it there are less concerns than traveling with a tube of something. I do not care for the fact that it does not have an SPF, but my makeup does, so i'll have to go with that for now, since I've had less breakouts since going to this. I am concerned that I'll have to move to something heavier in the dry, winter months as I do not want to part with this, but I'm unsure of how it can compete with the frigid, harsh northeastern winters.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by aglitz915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Again-- I am so lucky, I got this for 50% (bf is a hair colorist @ a salon & spa). I really like this product not just for my face but also for minor sunburns or dryness on my ears etc. I don't really mind the packaging, I mean a jar is never my fave but since I'm the only one using it and my hands are clean, I don't see too much of a problem with it. I will say that a little of this goes a long way. I don't even know how long I've had this jar for but I reminded the bf to pu more (which he still hasn't done lol) like 2 months ago for fear of running out and I still have some. It really is good for combination and probably oily skin as well because of the matte effect. The fragrance is just fresh and almost odorless, I'd say it almost has a slight cologne-esque hint to it. It absorbs quickly into the skin and I've never had any irritation from it. I don't use this everyday, more when I am feeling relatively dry in certain areas but not dry enough that I feel I need my Aveda hydrating mask. I guess I just have to many products lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after getting a facial about a year ago. Before this I hunted high and low for a gel moisturizer and found nothing. It is a bit pricey (about $30 for a 3oz jar) but lasts a long time. My only complaint is having to dip my fingers into the jar to get the product out.

I have really, really oily skin and this is the only thing that doesn't make my face oilier than it already is and I like that it seems to matte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer did nothing for my normal-to-dry skin. It's a light gel that refreshes the skin. I think it's probably best for those with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Kieks39

I am really a fan of this stuff. My facialist recommended I use it for my sensitive, hormonal breakout prone skin as a toner before I moisturize. I use it in the AM under my moisturizer and PM under my treatments. I love the feel of it and it gives a nice amount of hydration and feels like it seals and smooths the skin. But it certainly is not heavy enough as a moisturizer alone... maybe in the summer... but not now. I really like it in place of a toner to balance the skin... maybe some other people could try it as that