July 23, 2014 | 2064 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Laura Mercier - Almond Coconut Milk Souffle Body Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by MyZombie8YourVampire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a gift--I'm not in the habit of dropping that kind of cash on this kind of thing, and it's certainly not a fragrance I would have chosen for myself. In the jar, it smelled kind of meh. When I first put it on, I smelled cardboard, cyanide, and sugar. I nearly washed it off right away, but I'm so glad I didn't.

This seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it product, and I LOVE it. It smells so nice on me. Just. . .nice. Warm, gently sweet, and nice. Sometimes I get more almond and other times it's more coconutty, and always with a base of creamy vanilla. I use it on my arms, neck, and chest in place of perfume. The creme is light and silky, absorbs quickly and leaves my skin soft, and the fragrance lasts all day without being overpowering. It's not the kind of scent that announces your arrival then persists long after you've left the room, but the kind that prompts anyone who hugs you to comment on how nice you smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by BRitt33139

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying it in a store, I though I loved this cream and couldn't wait to get it. I had to order it on line and was disappointed when I received it. The jar and the packaging are great, could make a nice present and it's probably why it cost $55. The texture feels sort of slippery, but doesn't provide me with the moisture I need, so I added a few drops of oil. I bought EVERY coconut scented body cream on the market and I don't mind going to bed smelling like candy, but I don't like this one: the coconut notes are lost on me. It feels more like you've been dipped in a bath tub of vanilla extract... I much prefer Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Butter, for the consistency as well as for the fragrance (not to mention the price).

I just put in on for the first time and my husband (who claims to be congested by seasonal allergies) went: 'WHY are you making oatmeal at this hour?'. So I had to confess it was my new body cream, which was labeled as "horrible stench". I have to say the smell is too overpowering and not very natural and that I ended up washing it off, because I was getting a headache.

Sorry Laura Mercier, it will be better this time ( I love your makeup after all).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Working as a dental hygienist, I get "up close and personal" with patients. I literally invade their personal space so I get to see and smell up close what beauty products they are using. Last week, I had a middle-aged male in my chair. Mid-way through the cleaning, I smelled the unmistakable scent of coconut. Turns out he was wearing LM's Almond Coconut Body Souffle. Not sure if it's his or if he swiped some from his wife's stash, but it got me to thinking, I own that stuff, too. So I broke out my jar and spray, just in time for the warmer weather. If you want to smell like summer, Almond Coconut Body Souffle is one to try. Though not inexpensive, you get a lot of product in a very nice glass container. I love the creamy, whipped texture. It's highly perfumed so you really don't need the spray that's also available in this collection. I wore this to work this week and was immediately told how nice I smelled. The coconut and almond together create a sweet, tropical aroma that's not too over-powering or cloyingly sweet. I'll be wearing this one all summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Franki3890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to get the sampler quad with all the different smells, I opened them and loved each and every smell so much. Each night I have been trying a new one after my shower, tonight was almond and coconut. It smells amazing in the tub but when I put it all over my arms and chest it suddenly smelt like plastic!! Honestly the most horrid smell ever! I gave it 5 mins to see if it was just my nose. But it was getting worse. It made me feel sick so I tried to scrub it of wi a wet towel and wet wipes 3 times. And put my sanctuary on just to cover the smell.
So disappointed in this one .
Others are All beautiful :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my goodness, the consistency is like whipped custard and leaves your skin exquisitely silky. The scent which lingers for hours pretty much transports me to a private island - it's a blissful, trancelike scent if you enjoy the smell of suntan lotion. Scrumptious, like no other!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my No. 1 body lotion. I love to smother myself with this especially when I am in a bad mood or after shaving my legs and having put on clean sheets on the bed. It is the ultimate luxury. Also very moisturizing and smells great. Does not irritate my sensitive skin even though it is quite perfumed. Must be natural flavors.

The price is much (60 Euro in Germany) but wort it as I love this so much. The other flavors do not do it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I love this body creme. It smells amazing and the scent lasts all day. It is quite a sweet almond vanilla coconut scent.

The product itself absorbs really quickly into my skin. I use it both night time and bed time as I have quite dry skin - especially on my legs. It isn't stinky and because it absorbs quickly, I don't have to worry getting it on my clothes etc.

I don't like the jar packaging but I buy the small squeezy tubes from the chemists which I just refill now and again. I also use it as a hand lotion and keep a little pot of it in my handbag.

The only downside is that this is probably one of the most expensive body cremes I have bought!! But I do really like it. I think I will keep an eye out at Christmas in the hope that LM brings out a little Christmas kit or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by chocface85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product smells heavenly. I use it on my chest, neck and arms as it doubles up as a perfume as well as a moisturiser because the smell is so fresh and sweet. I have had so many compliments whilst wearing this. The cream sinks in well and the scent last all day. I use it all over my body if I am going on a night out. The product lasts forever because the jar is quite big and you only need a little so it is well worth the price. This is a luxury product and would make a fantastic gift. The only downside is that it is not great to take traveling because the jar is glass and the lid is not very secure when flying. I took it on holiday and it opened up in my suitcase, oops. Howeber for use at home I give it 100%.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Hemiller9181

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. LOVE LOVE! ahhaha. The smell is so delicious. I love it because it doesn't smell like straight coconut It's way more sophisticated. It is obviously a very foody gourmand I think it smells sweet, nutty and warm almost like a really tasty cookie. I don't use it all over my body because it's honestly not that great a moisturizer. I use it on my arms and chest/neck area in the morning basically just for the smell. Everyone who sits next to me comments on how nice I smell. The smell also lasts on your skin a really long time, which is great because it's not cheap!

You get a nice size jar too, I will repurchase because the smell is addicting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by FeySparrow

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells terrible on me. A perfectly nice sales assistant slathered my hands with it and sent me on my way. The scent was initially not unpleasant, and not as sweet as I’d feared. But it grew stronger in the hot and humid weather and less and less likeable so I tried to wash it off before lunch. There was enough smell left to ruin my grilled veggie and feta on garlic bread sandwich. Washed my hands again, this time re-soaping and scrubbing until the other ladies in the restroom started backing quickly away from me. I must have gotten some on my sleeves because I still reeked. Went to the grocery store, ran into a relative of hubby’s, who said, “Awful smell, their bakery section, I guess...they must have really gone downhill...uh…is that you?...you poor thing! What did you spill on yourself!?”

The crème itself seemed to be of good quality but the smell is much too over-powering, and not helped by my not liking the smell of coconut to begin with. continued >>