Kanebo 38 Degrees Liquid Eyeliner

2.3

on 4/29/2011 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The 1st liquid eye liner i bought. Wrong choice cause the wand is too thin for beginner . Some liner even get into my eyes . It was awful. Dislike the packaging big time

on 12/18/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this from my sister when I first started using liquid liners. I almost never use this for several reasons:

-The brush: Too small to fill a visible cat eye (makes me feel like a surgeon), have to constantly dip in the product to get more, but will get it right on the tip as a drop, so you have to remove on the rim and end with no liner on the brush, and oh, it's too flimsy.

-The consistency on the eyeliner itself: I don't know if it's too liquid or not pigmented enough. I always get streaks that must be filled in, but putting on a second coat will melt away the first coat in the previously right places.

-The handle: First of all, it's too long. I'm short-sided, so I lean into the mirror a lot, and when I use this, I constantly hit the mirror with this. Moreover, the end becoming wider makes it uncomfortable to handle, as you may slip backwards when your hands are wet.

on 5/13/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I found this to be very runny and messy. IF you manage to get the result you want it does last a long time, but getting there is super difficult.
I'm not a fan of liquid liner anyway, but I thought this one could change my mind. But hell no! The brush is totally useless, so I trie to apply it with another. Didn't work either though. The product itself is not bad, it's just really hard to get it where you want. And if ones messed up, I felt it was very hard to clean up with a Q-tip.
Not for me, thank you!
And looking at the price...it's ridiculous.

on 1/24/2009 5:22:00 PM

It's so hard to paint with the flimsy little dippie, but when wanted result is achieved it looks prety and lasts perfectly and is easy to remove!

Edit: ... There are better liners out there...

on 7/17/2008 11:01:00 AM

My HG liquid eyeliner! I don't know why it has such bad reviews, I simply love it! Relatively easy to apply and longlasting. It's supposed to come off when using water of 38 degrees Celsius but an oil based remover will do too.
Packaging is very simple and elegant, nothing too fancy.
I think I paid around 23 for this and compared to the amount you get(1.5ml) it's a really expensive eyeliner but totally worth it.

on 2/10/2008 12:20:00 AM

I love the look an liquid eyeliner gives. I liked the idea that it comes off easily when I wash my face. Unfortunately, it caked and flaked... not a good look. Not worth the price, would have gotten the same effect with a drugstore brand. Would not buy again!

on 1/4/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't really comment on price, Santa brought me this a couple of weeks ago. This far I've used it three times. I haven't gotten any inside my eye yet so can't comment on the sting factor, either. The brush is adequate, though I prefer the flexible rubber tipped ones like Maybelline used to make. I haven't noticed any flaking or had problems removing it. I don't do Amy Winehouse type over-the-top eye makeup or use liquid eyeliner on the inside rim, just a thin line above top lashes to make them look thicker. So that tiny amount is much easier to remove than the gobs of 38 degree mascara. Yes, I'd buy this again in a different color, like gray, khaki, or dark mauve, but I don't think it is available in any other color than black or brown.

on 4/7/2006 8:13:00 PM

This was almost as bad as the Mascara - having heard lots of good things about the masacara and how it won't budge, I invested in the matching liquid eyeliner at the same time - It wasn't cheap about 18. This liquid, is a good black, but the brush is very fiddly and picks up liquid unevenly (hence making it very hard to do a straight line).

When it does get into your eye...ouch! Not that you would deliberately get it into your eye of course but it hurts when you are trying to get the inner corner! Worse of all, it wears off within a hour or so - thats with me doing two layers and not rubbing my eyes. It tends to fall off in clumps, so you get little flakes under your eye. Need to find myself a long lasting eyeliner! Any tips?!