October 2, 2014 | 1046 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Most makeup removers are oily, but this one seems to be on the lighter side while equally removing the makeup away. I felt no such stinging or anything as some people are saying. I hold the cotton all to my eye for a few seconds and swipe. How clean you eye is depends on how much are you can cover in one swipe. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by hugapug99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an oil-based eye makeup remover so it's oily, duh. It effectively removed my eyeliner and waterproof mascara. No complaints, but no wow factor either. Worth the $5.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by troo12

It does what it says. I finished the bottle so as to not waste any money, but it's very oily. I never experienced any stinging of my eyes, though. It is just very greasy/oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by veelui

very oily, i should have read reviews first but when i bought it, i didnt know about this site yet. such a waste to throw it away so i use it to clean my brushes, and help lift sticky residue of other surfaces

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Love8Brain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

CVS paid me to take this during their clearance sale. I read reviews and thought ... wait I thought Almay was so legendary for being non stinging to the eyes? What are the crazy girls on MUA on about? And I took my cotton on and blammo ... OMG my EYEBALLZ! Ouchie. Nooooo the burning! the stinging. the bitterness.

So. I use it to remove lip stains and to take price stickers off things when there is residue involved. I am sure Almay didn't intend that, but they can bite me after the horrible burning eyeball event of 2013.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since this stuff is so oily, it should remove eye makeup easily, but it takes a lot of rubbing and scrubbing to get all my mascara off. Not impressed at all with this. Ponds cold creams works better, and is cheaper. Also, I hate the lid. You have to push down and twist to get it off, like rx bottles, and the bottle has a huge mouth. It's too easy to knock over and spill. This was $6.49 for 4 oz at CVS, but it's on sale this week and with the coupon you can get two for $2.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by englande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This remover did just what it was supposed to do: removed my makeup. It didn't burn or sting my eyes. It didn't dry out the skin around my eyes. Although, it was VERY oily. I found that it took a lot of cleaning and wiping to get it all off. I finally figured out that I could dip a q-tip in it and use it that way. I don't completely clean off all my eye make up. I only use this to clear off makeup that has run in the shower or after a long day. When I used it on a cotton ball, it got in my eyes and it stuck to my contacts. I HATE THAT. Even when I didn't wear contacts, it still got in my eyes (doesn't hurt), but made my vision a little cloudy. It is messy if you're not careful with it. A little goes a long way and it removes waterproof make up very easily. I've probably had this one bottle for about 2 years now. I finally used all of it just last week. And the price was about $7. That's too much for a bottle of oil even if it does last a while. I think I'll start making my own for much less $$$: 1.5 tbsp of tear free baby shampoo & 1/8 tsp of baby oil. Shake before each use. Much cheaper!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by MSMKUP

I have to say I do not really care for this product. It is overly oily and leaves residue everywhere! I don't mind eye makeup removers with oils in it because that is what removes waterproof makeup. I find with this product I need to literally scrub at my eye which Is not healthy at all. I gave it two stars over all because it does not break me out. I would not recommend and would rather spend a little more for the neutrogena or Clinique ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Torishi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It does work! That's the only plus, though...

Burns burns burns my eyes! I'd be better off using extra virgin olive oil, honestly.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

burned the crap out of my eyes. i would give this zero stars.