Almay Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid

2.3

Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 8/20/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have several makeup removers but this is the only oil one I have. I really like it and my skin feels nice after using it. I have no stingy feel in my eyes as others have said. I do not break out with it which I can be prone to do. I do use a Clinique toner after this. I will be keeping this on hand. It is gentle and gets the job done well. I wear long wearing makeup (ELDW)and water proof mascara. This works perfect.

on 9/7/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Most makeup removers are oily, but this one seems to be on the lighter side while equally removing the makeup away. I felt no such stinging or anything as some people are saying. I hold the cotton all to my eye for a few seconds and swipe. How clean you eye is depends on how much are you can cover in one swipe. Will buy again.

on 2/1/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an oil-based eye makeup remover so it's oily, duh. It effectively removed my eyeliner and waterproof mascara. No complaints, but no wow factor either. Worth the $5.

on 10/18/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It does what it says. I finished the bottle so as to not waste any money, but it's very oily. I never experienced any stinging of my eyes, though. It is just very greasy/oily.

on 8/11/2013 3:21:00 AM

very oily, i should have read reviews first but when i bought it, i didnt know about this site yet. such a waste to throw it away so i use it to clean my brushes, and help lift sticky residue of other surfaces

on 7/2/2013 2:33:00 PM

CVS paid me to take this during their clearance sale. I read reviews and thought ... wait I thought Almay was so legendary for being non stinging to the eyes? What are the crazy girls on MUA on about? And I took my cotton on and blammo ... OMG my EYEBALLZ! Ouchie. Nooooo the burning! the stinging. the bitterness.

So. I use it to remove lip stains and to take price stickers off things when there is residue involved. I am sure Almay didn't intend that, but they can bite me after the horrible burning eyeball event of 2013.

on 4/18/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Since this stuff is so oily, it should remove eye makeup easily, but it takes a lot of rubbing and scrubbing to get all my mascara off. Not impressed at all with this. Ponds cold creams works better, and is cheaper. Also, I hate the lid. You have to push down and twist to get it off, like rx bottles, and the bottle has a huge mouth. It's too easy to knock over and spill. This was $6.49 for 4 oz at CVS, but it's on sale this week and with the coupon you can get two for $2.

on 3/25/2013 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This remover did just what it was supposed to do: removed my makeup. It didn't burn or sting my eyes. It didn't dry out the skin around my eyes. Although, it was VERY oily. I found that it took a lot of cleaning and wiping to get it all off. I finally figured out that I could dip a q-tip in it and use it that way. I don't completely clean off all my eye make up. I only use this to clear off makeup that has run in the shower or after a long day. When I used it on a cotton ball, it got in my eyes and it stuck to my contacts. I HATE THAT. Even when I didn't wear contacts, it still got in my eyes (doesn't hurt), but made my vision a little cloudy. It is messy if you're not careful with it. A little goes a long way and it removes waterproof make up very easily. I've probably had this one bottle for about 2 years now. I finally used all of it just last week. And the price was about $7. That's too much for a bottle of oil even if it does last a while. I think I'll start making my own for much less $$$: 1.5 tbsp of tear free baby shampoo & 1/8 tsp of baby oil. Shake before each use. Much cheaper!!!

on 3/17/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say I do not really care for this product. It is overly oily and leaves residue everywhere! I don't mind eye makeup removers with oils in it because that is what removes waterproof makeup. I find with this product I need to literally scrub at my eye which Is not healthy at all. I gave it two stars over all because it does not break me out. I would not recommend and would rather spend a little more for the neutrogena or Clinique ones.

on 2/26/2013 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It does work! That's the only plus, though...

Burns burns burns my eyes! I'd be better off using extra virgin olive oil, honestly.