August 20, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Cleansing lotion for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that this foams and cleans off makeup very well. It makes my face tingle and leaves it soft. I like to take this with me when I travel. I was able to find mine for a buck at my local Grocery Outlet store. It doesn't strp my skin and actually prevents my face from breaking out. I wish it came in a bigger bottle though, but overall its a great face wash for oily skin and I switch between this and my other cleansers so my face can take in different nutrients and ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Another product I'm still on the fence about (for it's intended use). I got if for a great price at big lots, about 2.50 each, so I picked up 2. It does clean well and the meadowsweet is a good idea. Foams well and cleans pretty well too. My fence sitting is all about the oilies, I'm not so sure this does a whole lot to help with keeping the shine down after the cleansing.

BUT this does a great job in cleaning the mu and oils from my foundation brushes. I've noticed with regular soaps, I need to lather and rinse several times for good cleaning. With this product, you can see all the mu rinse away with one lather. For getting my brushes clean and oil free using less of any product, this is a winner.
The pump packaging is a definate plus as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this on a whim because the store I bought the Almay Smart Shade makeup was having a Buy One Get One Free sale, so I said, hey why not? Because was in need of a new cleanser. I have sensitive yet oily skin during the warmer months and get pimples easily (though I don't break out very often), and this product doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry after cleansing and it hasn't made me break out either. With this product, it does clean pretty well but my face gets oily too soon afterwards whether or not I used moisturizer. I'm giving it a 3 because even if it does a generally good job, it's specifically for oily skin and it doesn't make sense that with this cleanser my face gets really oily so soon after using it (and it's not just my skin, I've used other products too and I usually don't get so oily afterwards, not even by evening time)...Perhaps that's just me though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a deep cleaning FOAMING cleanser, not a lotiony cleanser at all. It deep cleans my skin and thoroughly removes all traces of make-up and oil. It has Meadowsweet in it which is a natural source of salicylic acid and vitamins A and C (which are all good for oily/acne-prone skin). Meadowsweet is also a natural exfoliant, and a natural source of Vitamin E which is very good for softening and strengthening the skin. I really like this cleanser and will definitely purchase again! I think this cleanser would be great for Combo and Normal skin types too because although it is foaming and deep cleaning, it also does NOT strip skin or leave skin dry or tight. It is very gentle and soothing. 5 lippies! :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I was intrigued by Almay's new skincare line, so I decided to give this a whirl. First of all, it's not actually a lotion - it comes out of the pump in a nice, light foam and rinses clean without stripping my skin. I used my Clinique toner afterward, and there was no foundation on the cotton ball afterward, so this cleanser obviously does a good job at removing makeup. Overall, I'm pleased - I haven't been using it very long so I can't attest to it's skin-clearing ability, but it's a nice cleanser.