October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Hair Treatments - Korres - Green Silt and Corallina Oligoelements Hair and Scalp Scrub Intensive Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair and my scalp are very sensitive to harsh shampoos, so I co wash (with dove daily conditioner these days). I also love this product for weekly use . I massage my scalp and i also put some on my hair. Afterwards I have to follow with my co-washing, or else I will be left with mud stuck on my hair, no matter how much I rinse with wate!. With the conditioner washing it all goes away though (makes the rinsed water brown-yucky, haha). In the end it is a great feeling, feels like really clean and moisturized scalp and hair. Expensive, but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by popita

Purchased this for 20% off during Ulta's FF sale. Regular price is $30 for a 5.07oz bottle. I was perusing the aisles and saw this product, it looked quite interesting and promising, and I had been experiencing a bad bout of head itch / dandruff this winter, so I picked it up. I read the reviews online later, and it did not look like the product would deliver. However, I am pleased to say that it worked for me! My hair was getting so bad that I had to wash my hair every night or else I felt disgusting. I think my scalp got destroyed due to chemical straightening and the unforgiving Chicago winter this year.

Anyway, the instructions on this bottle reads: "Apply on wet hair from roots to ends and massage gently. Leave for 10 minutes, then rinse throughly and shampoo. Use once a week." It also promises to reduce dandruff by 60% in just 4 uses (one month). I applied it on wet hair, but only on my scalp. I did not see the purpose of applying it to the ends of my hair as this is a scalp treatment... seems like they just want you to use the product faster! I need 6-7 pumps to cover my scalp. I then massage my scalp a bit with my fingers and leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. I rinse it out and shampoo it using a clarifying shampoo to remove all residue (I use Ojon Detox Recoverying Cleanser). I opted to use clarifying shampoo because the below reviewers had complained of residue remaining from this scalp treatment. That is also why I keep it on a bit longer than the instructions state since I know I will be removing all of it in the shower. I follow with my normal conditioner and then let my hair air dry without using any products. The next day my hair is very soft and manageable! The first time I used this product, I was able to skip one day of hair washing.

This product works well for me, but I hope the effects are long-lasting (or at least will get me through this winter), because the price is less than appetizing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perhaps this makes a difference, so I will first note that the bottle I used was two years past its expiration date. Nonetheless, I am clueless as to how this would help a flakey scalp. It has no scruby particles in it and does not contain any ingredients (as far as I know) that exfoliate. What this product did for me was make my hair very... I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like I didn't wash all the product out of my hair - despite rinsing and rinsing and rinsing, both before and after shampooing. It's just horrible. I have much better ways to exfoliate my flakey scalp. No thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by sheabreaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually like this product, altho' it is too expensive for the amount you actually get. Also, it is mislabeled - it should just be called a scalp/hair mask - that's what it is - a mud mask for your scalp. If you just treat it as such, 'tis fine. It definitely soothed my scalp.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

Boo...I put this on my irritated, itchy scalp thinking that I'd get some relief...I liked the smell, but I think the product pump dispenser is lame, and it was just such a mess getting the stuff out! The mild tingle was nice, I have to admit...I think this mask hydrates nicely, and I noticed that my hair afterwards was soft and manageable. But I got this mainly for my scalp, and boy, I was itchier than ever once I rinsed off the product! It was so bad that I had to wash my hair a second time later that day to soothe my poor scalp...And to think I was foolish enough to believe that this would even come close to helping my condition...If you have an itchy scalp, you're better off with Aveda or Alterna products. At this point I look at this mask as a great intensive hydrator and nothing more...and it's pricey!

UPDATE (2/24/08): I had a half container left and figured that I'd just use it. While it didn't give me the itchies like it had before, it made my hair feel gummy yet dried out. I washed my hair twice after rinsing this out and my hair still looked like a greasepit. So the following day I shampooed twice again, and do you know that my hair STILL looks really greasy? In fact, my hair hasn't looked this awful in a LOOOONG time.

This product is a complete ripoff...I can't believe I spent so much on this crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by scootiebobo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried every RX (very expensive), and over the counter product for the last 9 months and this is the only thing that worked. I have severe Psoriasis on my scalp, and this does not have a granular texture, but it cleared my scalp completely after 3 applications.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have sebhorric dermatitis and was using brown sugar mixed in with shampoo to help exfoliate my scalp. But I was finding this process to be kinda tiresome, not to mention the sugar dissolves into warm water very fast. So when I saw this online at Sephora, I immediately placed an order. Like the last reviewer, I expected scrubby particles, but this has nothing in it. It's like a mud paste. On the bright side, it makes my hair smell awesome for a very long time, and does a better job at conditioning than all my other conditioning products. But it's also 30 bucks. Won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ISpendAllMyHubbysMoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this looking for something that would help with dry scalp during the winter. Just from the name of this, I thought it would be a scrub to exfoliate my scalp. When I used it, there were absolutely NO exfoliating properties. Nothing to scrub. Why call it a scrub, then? It was really expensive ($30.00) and I could not return it. I really wasted my money on this one.