April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kimquat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read all the great reviews about this, and for the price, it's a decent mascara, but I find that it is just "okay". I like it but don't love it, it does pretty much what most average waterproof mascaras do, but it probably isn't my HG mascara. I find the main reason I'm not a lover of this is the brush, its kind of awkward and I find that most of the time when I apply this I end up getting mascara on my eyelids that I have to wipe off. I used to use Covergirl's lashblast before I realized I needed a waterproof mascara because it smudged all over my lids, and I never had that problem with that brush. The formula was decent though, it held a curl quite nicely, was very pigmented, and definitely was waterproof and stayed nicely on my oily lids. While I find that this was decent for it's price, when I'm finished with it I will probably try something else

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually didn't have any expectations when I bought this, but when I applied it, I was shocked. It defined all of my lashes and coated them all the way to the tips with no clumps. It keeps my lashes curled just the way I made them with my eyelash curler. I'm surprised at how well it separated and lengthened. It was so easy to coat all of my lashes and mold them to the direction I wanted them to go without bending the tips to look like fly legs (something I really struggle with on my thin lashes!). It takes a few coats to see a significant difference, but the outcome is amazing. This beats out all of the newer mascaras by far. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by justbeingme65

AWESOME! I layer this mascara over my other favorite mascara that needs another layer of mascara on it. I layer this one on top of it and it lasts all day. Great color on my lashes and whenever I quickly need to put mascara on, I throw this on and it works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my first mascara, and even though i use other brands, its still a favorite. My mom has been using it since she was a teen and thats how i heard of it. The best thing about it is how waterproof it is.. I mean, its fantastic. You can go swimming, play sports, sweat, shower..and it wont budge at all. Kinda sucky to remove, but if i can find something that lasts through my football practices without all the boys asking me "why that black stuff on my eyes is running" (lol) then it works for me! Besides, its a mascara classic, and you cant go wrong with the classics

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is very waterproof. I went swimming with this and washed my face multiple times. In the beginning it was quite runny, which made building volume tricky...but then over the course of a month it dried up a little bit and was perfect. A week later after that, the product was just clumpy. my eyelashes can be slightly clumpy but I DO NOT like how 5 stick together to become one.... I ALREADY HAVE SMALL ENOUGH LASHES!! Overall, it dried out my lashes quite a bit.. This is the first waterproof mascara I tried but not the last...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My preferred makeup look is just a basic, natural, fresh, face. This is Great Lash's place in this world. It adds color to define your eyes, and holds a curl. That's it. The simplicity is what I like about it. It's waterproof on me, and it doesn't flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by heartangel477

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best i have and i use it lot and it's cheap and water poof to so it's even better so it's chep waterpoof has a pink bottle thats my kind of thing

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Transfers/smudges easily but good for the natural lashes look. Has a funny smell but that goes away quickly after application.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Starmaiden

I've been buying Great Lash Waterproof as the only mascara I have for years because it was cheap and continually winning awards. I assumed that it created horrible shadows under my eyes because of how oily the skin around my eyes is (although that didn't explain why it was so hard to then remove from my skin). I assumed that it clumped like crazy because that was just what mascara did.

Once I actually checked other reviews here, I decided to try a different product for comparison. I tried a free sample of the Julep American Beauty Volumizing Mascara. After one wear, I had an epiphany about my Great Lash Waterproof: It doesn't work. At least not for me. The terrible application and equally terrible wear just do not work for me. The price is great, but I'm definitely willing to spend more to find a product that doesn't make me look like a raccoon after two hours of wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have an OILY eye area and impossible to curl lashes. I discovered the secret to brows holding a curl was to use waterproof mascara. I was using some ridiculously overpriced yves st laurent waterproof mascara and thought it was the miracle formula was the mascara itself; after reading an allure article on everything mascaras I learned that it's the waterproof that holds the curl. So now I'm spending less than $5 on a mascara to hold my curl, brush is small and easy to work with, and waterproof still smears on me so I always top it off w a tubing mascara. Any brand that tubes doesn't smudge on me. It also doesn't hold my curl. Hence both mascaras. A great basic mascara with a nice little brush. I hate big brushes as they get all over my eye area. All these budge-proof products remove very easily w some coconut oil and warm water.